LIVE B2B from Harmony 9/22 and 9/29, A Tale of Two Cruises

John&LaLa

Since John is nice enough to post from not one but two cruises, perhaps posters could refrain from insulting him on his own live thread.

Thank you John for taking us along. please continue!

I agree. John deserves accolades not criticism.

Agreed.

I'll never be a Pinnacle, 5 star Mariner, Elite, or Ambassador, although I'm mid tier on most of them. I have a wandering eye when it comes to selecting a cruise. I'm loving your posts and Andy C's earlier thread. I'm doing the Harmony B2B starting Oct 6th for the Mega Ship experience. In a GS, and as long as I get a few drinks during cocktail hour(s), and a reservation at a decent time in the CK (after 7:30ish) I don't mind sharing with the Pinnacles. Think the first cruise will probably have a higher number of P's since some may be adding a cruise after the President's cruise. Try not to exhaust the staff. What I've noticed about cruisers at the top loyalty echelon of any line is how seriously (humorously?) they take their "position". You definitely have a much more balanced and humorous approach. Looking forward to more posts.

P.S. yes I did notice the sonic-care picture earlier....but dared not repost it.

I noticed, but I thought I was seeing things! I really appreciate all of the info and pix you have provided! I hope to meet you and Laura next week-I’ve never met a “Pinnacle.” Is it like meeting a pinniped? ;)
We're fairly normal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll never be a Pinnacle, 5 star Mariner, Elite, or Ambassador, although I'm mid tier on most of them. I have a wandering eye when it comes to selecting a cruise. I'm loving your posts and Andy C's earlier thread. I'm doing the Harmony B2B starting Oct 6th for the Mega Ship experience. In a GS, and as long as I get a few drinks during cocktail hour(s), and a reservation at a decent time in the CK (after 7:30ish) I don't mind sharing with the Pinnacles. Think the first cruise will probably have a higher number of P's since some may be adding a cruise after the President's cruise. Try not to exhaust the staff. What I've noticed about cruisers at the top loyalty echelon of any line is how seriously (humorously?) they take their "position". You definitely have a much more balanced and humorous approach. Looking forward to more posts.

P.S. yes I did notice the sonic-care picture earlier....but dared not repost it.

Thanks. We're waiting for Columbus.

Sitting with common folk. [emoji6]

a34d8d60dfe6aaac47bd67a83452846d.jpg

Hey John, thanks heaps for this review - it is really lovely of you (and all the other reviewers) to take us with you when you sail.

You are appreciated! (and I have definitely received my port-purchased liquor in the middle of a B2B! Cheers :D)

Haven't tried the port purchased scenario lately.

Columbus was great. Best show we've seen so far, and I think we've seen most. Haven't seen iSkate or Heideway Heist.

Much better seats down on deck 4, behind sound engineer. Suite seats on 5 are lousy.

Pics to follow

Pinnacle Lunch today. No paper invitation. Curious what the menu will be since it'sbeing held in Silk (MDR). It's usually in one of the specialty restaurants. I guess the sheer volume prevents that. Should be similar next week.

I do wish it was earlier in the week.

ec1b7eab67114b97d57d7ab01fc2cbef.jpg

First Chocolate ship. Ain't she a beauty.

9dbdf91576dbabe8be8e947e408d0346.jpg

Johann used to do large chocolate grand pianos....they were amazing in detail....the top was open, the inside was full of goodies, and the keyboard was white and dark chocolate.

We brought our ship home last week, have it stored in the fridge, and will give it to the granddaughters when we tell them that they are going on a cruise.

• Like 1

Johann used to do large chocolate grand pianos....they were amazing in detail....the top was open, the inside was full of goodies, and the keyboard was white and dark chocolate.

We brought our ship home last week, have it stored in the fridge, and will give it to the granddaughters when we tell them that they are going on a cruise.

He seems very nice. I've seen pics of the piano. Maybe one of these days.

I actually noticed. Wasn't sure what it was and didn't have the gumption to ask.

Cabin hack of the day.

Not sure anyone noticed in my bathroom tour, but I like to attach my SoniCare toothbrush head to the ceiling so it can dry.

0c525217dc658b0e74aa21abeb60ffcd.jpg

The B2B cruisers are not technically bringing bottles of liquor on-board. Royal Caribbean did.

What is meant to “gift” it away?

My question is, for b2b cruisers , is this an attempt to get around Royal rules that no alcohol (other than two bottles of wine per cabin) may be brought onboard for consumption in ones cabin?

Certainly P’s, Royals most loyal customers, would be very clear on their policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Haha 1

Beats me, I'll ask Saturday. [emoji6]

Royal’s policy regarding in cabin alcohol and what one can bring onboard. It addresses Consecutive Cruisers too.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

Here is also Royals Guest Conduct Policy. I believe it’s covered here as well.

http://www.cruisingpower.com/content/PDF/RCI_Guest_Conduct.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight