Straws

Kscout

A week ago, I had the best coffee/chocolate frozen drink from the Java or Atrium Cafe & Bar on Deck 7, mid ship on the Pearl.

2-3 shots of expresso and high quality cocoa, blended together. Instead of opting for 2 scoops of cocoa, I had the second scoop of vanilla.

Straw didn’t bother me, as I was able to drink it slowly and they do provide you with a wooden thingie to stir.

However, when I ordered a Mojito, it was an awkward drink without a straw.

I plan to bring straws and umbrellas for my drinks in November.:halo:

I like to drink a healthy beverage for which a straw is not needed.

DISPOSABLE diapers are not a necessity. I never said that I knew the number being sold. Nice try though better luck next time.

when traveling, disposable diapers are a god send. Have you actually traveled with an infant on solid foods in cloth diapers?

You have to store and wash the dang things. The last thing someone wants to deal with on a cruise is a pile of pooped on diapers....

Some of us like to drink several unhealthy drinks with multiple straws ;)

Me included... [emoji6]

A few had silicone straws on my cruise, some stainless steel, but by the end of the year there will no doubt be threads about paper straws... and how terrible they are...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

when traveling, disposable diapers are a god send. Have you actually traveled with an infant on solid foods in cloth diapers?

You have to store and wash the dang things. The last thing someone wants to deal with on a cruise is a pile of pooped on diapers....

I fully understand the desire for them. The point I was making is that banning straws as an environmental issue is like pouring a teacup full of water on a forest fire and thinking you are actually contributing to put out the fire.

Also confirming they had paper straws on the Escape this past week, just got back today. Not in every drink, but some frozen drinks came with them, others not. They had two sizes, short ones for the plastic cups, and long ones for tall glasses.

FinalStraw on Shark Tank. I supported their Kickstarter and can’t wait for my straws!

I have plastic straws on my packing list for the Escape this month. I limit my straw use and drink mostly wine... but cold drinks including water are just painful on my teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DISPOSABLE diapers are not a necessity. I never said that I knew the number being sold. Nice try though better luck next time.

Yet they still sell massive amounts of disposable diapers on every cruise. Nothing environmental about it. It is all senseless hype PR.

You stated they sell massive amounts. Where do you get this info? If it's your opinion, please note that.

This thread is old and has run its course and is getting off on tangents. Would someone please start a new one with only legitimate accounts of which ships are now offering the straws? We are going to be on the Breakaway in just over a month and I guess we will pack the plastic ones we got at Dollar Tree just in case the paper straws are not on our ship yet.

This thread is old and has run its course and is getting off on tangents. Would someone please start a new one with only legitimate accounts of which ships are now offering the straws? We are going to be on the Breakaway in just over a month and I guess we will pack the plastic ones we got at Dollar Tree just in case the paper straws are not on our ship yet.

Oh jeez...last thing needed around here is another straw thread. lol