GTY Rooms

vacalover99

Has anyone been extremely disappointed after booking a GTY room?

Looking at the BLISS this November. Not 100% sure we will book but I have never booked a GTY room with NCL - so figured I'd ask for past peoples experience.. The price difference is a lot from a GTY BF to a regular BD room - Were talking like $480 per person.

Thanks for your insight!

Looking at the BLISS this November. Not 100% sure we will book but I have never booked a GTY room with NCL - so figured I'd ask for past peoples experience.. The price difference is a lot from a GTY BF to a regular BD room - Were talking like $480 per person.

Thanks for your insight!

What is a BF & BD ?

Thanks for your insight!

You just have to be prepared for the worst location and hope for the best. And you get no perks whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have booked many gty cabins over the years. Sometimes I get the worst cabin in the category. Sometimes I get a good cabin in a better category. Disappointed? No, even the “worst cabin in that category”was exactly what I agreed to, soI had no grounds for disappointment.

I will point out we are very flexible people, so we can book gty easily. We are heavy sleepers, so noise (within reason!) does not really bug us. We don’t care if we are close or far from stair/elevators. High or low deck...we can manage either way. We don’t tend to get seasick, so forward, aft, or mid are no problem. When allowed to select my own cabin, I will do so thoughtfully, but for the right price, I’ll give that up and just enjoy the ride! If you or your companions are not so flexible, gty may not be right for you.

I have booked many gty cabins over the years. Sometimes I get the worst cabin in the category. Sometimes I get a good cabin in a better category. Disappointed? No, even the “worst cabin in that category”was exactly what I agreed to, soI had no grounds for disappointment.

I will point out we are very flexible people, so we can book gty easily. We are heavy sleepers, so noise (within reason!) does not really bug us. We don’t care if we are close or far from stair/elevators. High or low deck...we can manage either way. We don’t tend to get seasick, so forward, aft, or mid are no problem. When allowed to select my own cabin, I will do so thoughtfully, but for the right price, I’ll give that up and just enjoy the ride! If you or your companions are not so flexible, gty may not be right for you.

Thanks so much! We are pretty flexible people. Never get sea sick. We always book BF categories but pick our rooms... usually close to a stair case towards the back of the ship just for convenience... but to save that kind of money I may take the gamble. Worse case is we are far from the stairs but hey we could use the exercise, especially on a cruise :)

Thanks for your insight!

We always book gty on NCL because the "freebies" are useless to us. That being said, only once time our room was "less than desired". It was an interior on the BA....they gave us a family interior. I thought "family" would be "a plus" but it was a tiny room without decent storage space..... too tiny for me and DH...and we are comparatively small people who, as far as luggage, travel very light. However, the location was good and it was quiet.

Other than that time, all of the cabins...from interior to mini-suite have been very good as far as size, location and noise level.

I look at it as a gamble...and if they assign you something that you know in advance will not be to your liking, you can always upgrade yourself.

Exactly my sentiments. As a matter of fact other than getting a GTY with a noisy over head(rare and always ceases by late night), I love sleeping in the pitch black cabins, best sleep I can get.

Yes, I booked a guarantee once and ended up above the ship's laundry facility (according to our room steward) where the sound of hydraulic machinery woke us up several times every night. It was horrible. I will never again book a cabin without knowing what is above and below it.

I just booked a sail away ov on the 9 day trip to Cuba. I was assigned a cabin immediately on deck 4 Norwegian Sun. Not thrilled, but I knew what I was booking. I did call them and ask if I could go back into the pool and or choose another available cabin in the same category which I was assigned (RCL) lets you.

They said absolutely no changes. We booked with friends and wouldn’t you know they were assigned a cabin next to us. I’d prefer a little separation . 🙉

I just booked a sail away ov on the 9 day trip to Cuba. I was assigned a cabin immediately on deck 4 Norwegian Sun. Not thrilled, but I knew what I was booking. I did call them and ask if I could go back into the pool and or choose another available cabin in the same category which I was assigned (RCL) lets you.

They said absolutely no changes. We booked with friends and wouldn’t you know they were assigned a cabin next to us. I’d prefer a little separation . 🙉

Just wondering if you could cancel, wait a day or two and try again, same for your friends but a few days apart?

Just wondering if you could cancel, wait a day or two and try again, same for your friends but a few days apart?

We were at final payment at the time we booked. We are sailing 10/21st.

I don’t plan on being a budinski, and my husband and I will go our own way... however 2 doors down even would have set some boundaries.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I dont believe any gty cabin on The Bliss will be bad. They have done a very good job in the balcony rooms not being obstructed. Now if walking distances is a issue, then that may be a problem since they have just 2 sets of elevators. Our Gty Balcony was amazing, and we did get the perks.

We originally booked the Bliss inaugural TA while on board our prior cruise, so we booked a BF & were immediately upgraded to a BA. I then had the reservation transferred to my travel agent. When the rates dropped, we decided to rebook, kept all our perks, but lost the BA upgrade, so we then had a BF GTY. Within 2 days, we were assigned to a BD on deck 13 forward. Never did see it, because we put in a bid on a mini-suite, and got one just down the hall from our BD.

We originally had booked an ocean view for our November Bliss cruise. When we received the upgrade bidding email, I decided to see what these cabins would cost if I purchased an upgrade. I found it was a better deal to do this as a mini suite was only $311 more. I booked a mini suite MC category and it was a guaranteed cabin. A few days later I noticed we had been assigned a cabin and it was a MB category.

Awesome thanks again to everyone for your opinions!

It def makes me feel better about booking a GTY cabin.

But like I said we are easy going people, that love to cruise!

You will enjoy...

Az der vorem zitst in khreyn, meynt er az es iz keyn zisers nito.

When a worm sits in horseradish, it thinks there's nothing sweeter.