Irons on board

davidk800

Do you have a photo of that steamer?

Not at the moment. But it is available on amazon as "Beautural Steamer for Clothes, 1200-Watt Powerful Handheld Garment Steamers, Wrinkle Remover, Clean and Sterilize, 30s Fast Heat-up, Auto-Off, 100% Safe, 260ml High Capacity for Home and Travel"

Not at the moment. But it is available on amazon as "Beautural Steamer for Clothes, 1200-Watt Powerful Handheld Garment Steamers, Wrinkle Remover, Clean and Sterilize, 30s Fast Heat-up, Auto-Off, 100% Safe, 260ml High Capacity for Home and Travel"

And on your next cruise it may be confiscated, it is clearly in the forbidden list. The one thing you will find with Celebrity and rules, they are consistently inconsistent.

And on your next cruise it may be confiscated, it is clearly in the forbidden list. The one thing you will find with Celebrity and rules, they are consistently inconsistent.

My whole point was that steamers are not clearly on the forbidden list.

Steamers are not mentioned at all at on this page -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/all-pre-cruise-faqs

I stopped wearing perfume a few years ago, out of respect for people who have trouble with it. I’m probably not going to switch to completely unscented laundry detergent, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc., however. If someone can be triggered into an asthma attack, migraine or other severe discomfort by the smell of the few molecules of fabric softener that make it on to my clothes (from a teaspoon of fabric softener diluted in a litre of water that will de-wrinkle a month’s worth of clothing) then I feel very bad for them. Those few molecules of scent in the heavily diluted fabric softener will probably be the least scented thing in the whole crowded lift!
u

(y)(y)(y)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/all-pre-cruise-faqs

Would you mind copying and pasting the details please? There must be a difference between the U.K. and the American site. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Q. What items are prohibited on board?

A.Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed."

Steamers have heating elements, so there you go.....

They get you with that "any other item" clause.

From the Website:

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, steamers, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.

Clearly states steamers.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

Just scroll down. FYI, steamers have been forbidden for several years now, many threads on it.

There are two areas of the US website that talk about the prohibited items, one which Don gave a link to, specifically mentions steamers, the other (which I quoted) only says that items which have heating elements are prohibited. On the UK website, the steamers are specifically named.

The point is, they make the rules and they interpret the rules, and if you bring a steamer, there's a good chance you won't be able to use it on board because it will be taken, so plan accordingly.

I don't know. Maybe I look like a wrinkled mess. However, I iron before the cruise, pack carefully then forget about it!

I'm on vacation. Vacation and ironing don't mix.:rolleyes:

I don't iron at home, so you're one step ahead of me. ;)

But they are here:

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, steamers, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.

This has been pointed out and quoted and added as references from the Celebrity website numerous times. But if you insist on taking one, no amount of references or posts will deter you, and of course if you do and get caught, you’ll play the ‘I didn’t know!!’. ‘

Not a federal crime, but most things arent. Just common sense, following the basic rules, rules set for a reason, not because they want you looking wrinkled or someone will post that the Line wants us to have us iron it for cost.

Having been on more than a few ships where major fires broke out, and no one thinks what they will do will cause a fire. But that’s how most start - something simple and done by a lot.

Den