Bayonne 2020

cruiserdudebobby8

Thank you.

We haven't been on Seaside, but liked Poesia and Divina, so hopefully new arrival will be like these two.

Of course it's not in Celebrity's league, but comparable to Royal.

Would love to see their itins.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, rothschilda said:

Very interesting. Is that before or after she goes to the UK?

I read on the RC board that Anthem will be in dry dock in spring 2020 and then go to the UK and will return to Cape Liberty in the fall.  again, I read this, don't know if it is true. 

On 9/25/2018 at 12:09 PM, TeeRick said:

I'm surprised that they are struggling to fill Summit for a Canada/NE cruise out of NJ. It usually books fast and sails full. Maybe there have been some of the usual cancellations near final payment date.

I think it has to do with supply and demand. There are fewer ships sailing to Bermuda on 7 day itineraries from the NY area than their are sailing the Canada New England 7 day itinerary. I would rather sail on a new Princess ship before I would book the Summit  for Canada New England. Those two lines are very similar but I like the food on Princess better. The only reason for me to book the Summit would be to go to Bermuda for 7 days or to sail a southern Caribbean itinerary from San Juan.

Edited by Iamcruzin

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think it has to do with supply and demand. There are fewer ships sailing to Bermuda on 7 day itineraries from the NY area than their are sailing the Canada New England 7 day itinerary. I would rather sail on a new Princess ship before I would book the Summit  for Canada New England. Those two lines are very similar but I like the food on Princess better. The only reason for me to book the Summit would be to go to Bermuda for 7 days or to sail a southern Caribbean itinerary from San Juan.

3 hours ago, verizon said:

Ditto.Been on M class ship recently.

It didn't impressed me.Think never on M class ship again.

Remember the Summit is going into drydock March 2019 to be "revolutionized"  with all the "Edge" updates.  A lot is planned. Once the ships are revolutionized, it will be like a completely new ship.

Here is a link of what is planned.  https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Basically it’s just putting lipstick on a pig. 

Its still a small old ship that won’t be able to compete with a new ship for the same itinerary unless there is a significant difference in price.

And yet, cost per night of cheapest balcony on next summers' Bermuda sailings for Summit is higher than Royals Anthem.

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Its still a small old ship that won’t be able to compete with a new ship for the same itinerary unless there is a significant difference in price.

My thoughts exactly..No matter how updated they are on the surface, we won't go back to any M class ships unless they also redo the plumbing and AC systems... On our Infinity cruise, our AC was on and off, and there were sewer smells.....usually signs of age. S Class might be less cozy for Bermuda...but they are newer ships!

20 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

I think this is one of those times that it remains to be seen as I think something pretty special will come out of the revolution of Summit. 

I would do the Bermuda run every year if I could convince the wife.  It is just so easy for us, no flying, just like  those Floridians who frequently cruise because they are so close, I don't mind flying but the whole process stinks.   I really would like to see a S class ships there but Summit is fine, sailed on her several times in the past few years and service was fine.  

Edited by dkjretired

Really don't think this rehab is like putting lipstick on a pig, this is a major remake with the cabins being actually removed and completely replaced.  

3 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

And yet, cost per night of cheapest balcony on next summers' Bermuda sailings for Summit is higher than Royals Anthem.

Celebrity offers a choice of the drink package,$300 obc, paid gratuity or wifi which boost up the price. Anthem only does a 5 day itinerary  and those items listed above are not included in the base price so it's not really apples to apples.

9 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Really don't think this rehab is like putting lipstick on a pig, this is a major remake with the cabins being actually removed and completely replaced.  

The rehab looks like it's just going to benefit suite guests and those who like to pay uncharges for restaurants.  I have no interest in any of these improvements. It will also probably take away public space for those like me who book steerage. The ship is already limited to what it has to offer compared to other ships in the Celebrity fleet and newer ships on other lines.

33 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The rehab looks like it's just going to benefit suite guests and those who like to pay uncharges for restaurants.  I have no interest in any of these improvements. It will also probably take away public space for those like me who book steerage. The ship is already limited to what it has to offer compared to other ships in the Celebrity fleet and newer ships on other lines.

As I stated earlier, they are replacing completely every cabin, that does not just effect suite guests although that is a major portion of the rehab.  We will just have to see.

14 hours ago, hcat said:

My thoughts exactly..No matter how updated they are on the surface, we won't go back to any M class ships unless they also redo the plumbing and AC systems... On our Infinity cruise, our AC was on and off, and there were sewer smells.....usually signs of age. S Class might be less cozy for Bermuda...but they are newer ships!

Yup, never again... I will get on a plane & fly to FLL to do S class vs driving 40 minutes to Bayonne to board M class.

Sorry but if you read the details about the rehab on M-Class all cabins will be completely replaced.  Not just suites.  Also currently M-Class has fewer dining options than S-Class or Edge-Class so adding more restaurants is a plus for me anyway. Hopefully you will enjoy your cruise on a newer ship even if in steerage.

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think the addition of restuarants is just what it needs.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, CruisingChick said:

Agree. We have sailed Summit every year since 2011, twice a year since 2013. Are there spots that are worn or rusty, yes but everything is always clean and the service and crew are wonderful. Not to mention the 14 night New England / Canada cruise is the best itinerary.

We dis-embarked Summit on 21 October, after 14 nights aboard, and wholeheartedly agree.

NRayH

20 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I noticed this morning that the sweet sixteen were not being offered for sale on Connie for 2021 on a new release. They could be getting a revamp or reclassification. However I was able to book a FV on Millennium for after her revitalization.

We have booked a sweet sixteen on Summit for September 2019, which is after her revamp.  I will be very disappointed if we are changed to another cabin. 

46 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We have booked a sweet sixteen on Summit for September 2019, which is after her revamp.  I will be very disappointed if we are changed to another cabin. 

Don’t blame you. Will be interesting to see what they do with them.