Swingers and Pineapple Door signs

AZDivers

15 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

What does butterfish mean @KuffMUp? I am lost on that one.

PS. Nice name...

Butterfish has been joked about on here.  It is another name for escolar, also known as “white tuna”.  It is full of a fat that doesn’t digest well.  It can cause people to have tummy issues, especially if you eat more than 6 oz.  it is actually illegal to serve in some countries!  But, alas, escolar sashimi is my FAVORITE sushi 🙂  Maybe this link will work: https://www.thekitchn.com/use-caution-when-eating-escola-66602

Edited by vacationlover_mn

11 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Butterfish has been joked about on here.  It is another name for escolar, also known as “white tuna”.  It is full of a fat that doesn’t digest well.  It can cause people to have tummy issues, especially if you eat more than 6 oz.  it is actually illegal to serve in some countries!  But, alas, escolar sashimi is my FAVORITE sushi 🙂  Maybe this link will work: https://www.thekitchn.com/use-caution-when-eating-escola-66602

thank you. I just thought it was a term for other lifestyles such as BDSM. Now that was a good thread!

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, BillOh said:

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I was considering buying a bunch of pinapple magnets and randomly putting them on people's cabin doors just for fun.

You would!!  LOL 

It makes it so hard to just go about your life when a group adopts a song, a color, etc. as a symbol and you aren't part of the "alternative lifestyle" that has adopted the symbol and you get subjected to unwanted attention just because it's now a "thing" and you didn't know about it. 
Just bought some shirts for an upcoming cruise with pineapples on them. All going to back to the store since I haven't removed tags.   Just when you think you wear something cute and tropical and fun. Now I find out it's got this whole other meaning.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

Just bought some shirts for an upcoming cruise with pineapples on them. All going to back to the store since I haven't removed tags.   Just when you think you wear something cute and tropical and fun. Now I find out it's got this whole other meaning.

Lol 🙂. I think you will be fine with the shirts.  Lots of non-swingers wear them, and no one will think you are weird for wearing them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

It makes it so hard to just go about your life when a group adopts a song, a color, etc. as a symbol and you aren't part of the "alternative lifestyle" that has adopted the symbol and you get subjected to unwanted attention just because it's now a "thing" and you didn't know about it. 

I have a really cute tee with pineapples on it that I am bringing. I've worn it many times without incident. I was having dinner with hubby in Key West a few years ago when another couple struck up what 'seemed' to be a friendly conversation and I did not have the shirt on then..... Wear what you want and be happy.

• Like 1

Don’t be shocked if you see lots of RCCL passengers wearing  some sort of pineapple clothing,  carrying pineapple tote bags or even rolling pineapple luggage.  Not only is it very tropical,  some RCCL Pinnacle Society  members have adopted pineapples as their “mascot”.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

Don't worry about it .  This is mostly an urban myth. Still it has resulted in a humorous dialogue. Don't worry be happy. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 9:18 AM, reallyitsmema said:

I read that post too, Instead of the mardi gras beads that meet and mingle groups will wear when meeting at a bar, wasn't it a cherry in person's drink?

OK going on Anthem on July 18th, and my M&M group agreed on green mardi gras beads.  Should I be aware of ANY alternate connotation?? ;D

7 minutes ago, qkd0314 said:

OK going on Anthem on July 18th, and my M&M group agreed on green mardi gras beads.  Should I be aware of ANY alternate connotation?? ;D

I have no idea, haven't heard of anything.  Now, green M&M's, yes, there is meaning to those.😱