Canada/New england

augies

That's a good question: I've never seen an itinerary with so many late departures in a row! I guess Newport and Bar Harbor because they're the only pre-9pm departures and it would never be on sailing day or on the final night, even if that is a sea day.

Looks like a great itinerary! Have fun!

Saint John the day after Bar Harbor is 8 AM to 4:45 PM so that is highly likely as the second formal night. On last week's cruise that port was actually missed due to weather. A FB friend of mine who was onboard posted a pic eating at Sabatini's that night so I'm guessing it was to dodge the MDR on formal night.

We're on the Regal for this same cruise, starting Oct. 6. Our itinerary says that there are 2 formal nights, which tend to occur on sea days,

The only sea day on this cruise is on Friday, which is the last night on board. ( However, in our experience, the last night on board usually is not a formal night, because people are all packed up, with the luggage in the corridor).

It also says to check the Patters for additional details. So, there are lots of possibilities - EBC

Regal 7 day Oct 20th

Most likely Newport, departing 5:30 and that may be it.

It will not be the last evening. Highly unlikely it would be Boston, 8pm, St. John, 10:15pm or Halifax, 10pm. The only other possibility is Bar Harbor where you depart at 7pm. Actually traditional dining for most of the cruise will probably be open seating. If it were me I would not be planning to dress 'formal' more than one evening.

I want to mention that on itineraries like yours Princess HQ should direct the ship's staff to advise them regarding the formal night plans so messages can be sent to all those booked. Passengers need to plan correctly, rather then from pre-loaded boiler plate information. How hard can this be? Not very.

Was just on the Regal for the Canada/New England cruise 9/22-9/29. The first formal night was on Sunday, Newport RI day. The second was on the Wednesday/St. John Day, but I'm not sure if it was changed due to us missing that port for weather reasons. It's a great cruise, have a blast!:D

Was just on the Regal for the Canada/New England cruise 9/22-9/29. The first formal night was on Sunday, Newport RI day. The second was on the Wednesday/St. John Day, but I'm not sure if it was changed due to us missing that port for weather reasons. It's a great cruise, have a blast!:D

We did this cruise last October’s and our formal nights were these same nights...Newport and St. John

Just for general information on Canada/New England cruises, Bar Harbor is a tender port and due to high wind and/or rough seas it is frequently missed. On our cruise from Quebec City to NYC we had to bypass Bar Harbor due to high wind.