Caribbean Princess One-Sided Laundry

nukesubsailor

Does anyone know why the self service laundries on the passenger cabin decks of the Caribbean Princess have been reduced in size by half? The deck plans used to show the full width laundries with entrances on both the port and starboard passageways. What use is being made of the space once occupied by the starboard half of the laundries? Could it be something to do with the Ocean Medallion?

Does anyone know why the self service laundries on the passenger cabin decks of the Caribbean Princess have been reduced in size by half? The deck plans used to show the full width laundries with entrances on both the port and starboard passageways. What use is being made of the space once occupied by the starboard half of the laundries? Could it be something to do with the Ocean Medallion?

Cabins for crew or guest staff/workers. This was done during the last dry dock.

I heard the other half is now a conveniently located Brig for detaining passengers arrested for excessive fighting in the laundromat, don't know whether its true.

I heard the other half is now a conveniently located Brig for detaining passengers arrested for excessive fighting in the laundromat, don't know whether its true.

Not true. It's for those that abuse the coffee package. "No coffee for you!"

One time I actually seen two women going at it pretty good. I was just walking by I couldn’t stop laughing.

Tony

Here is a photo I found on another thread. It is of the laundry on the Royal Princess.

If they turned half of this space into a cabin and put a bathroom in it, I sure would hate to live in it.

From the picture, half that space would be a pretty typical 2-3 stripe officer cabin. Just wide enough for a single bed across the back bulkhead, a desk and some drawers, a closet and a bath.

• Thanks 1

Same on the Crown after the recent dry dock. We did not bother trying to use the half in service. We decided to pay for laundry service. Two more cruises and we get free laundry.