Would EZ air price change when refare

aprilsp88

Hi,

When I first booked the cruise, I also booked flexible EZair, the promotion gave me $250 off airfare, say, $550 - $250 = $300

Now the cruise fare price dropped, but the same EZair price rised to $700. If I ask for refare, how is EZair price calculated? Do I need to pay $700, $550 or $300? I would think that refare will make a new booking so I have to pay $700, but I just want to see if anyone knows or has first hand experience.

Thanks,

April

That is an interesting question, and I'm following to see if anyone who has done this posts their experience.

A refare allows you to keep your same booking number, but gives you the new fare with the new perks, and takes away your previous perks. As you have already held your EZ Air flight, at $550, I'm guessing it will refare your cabin price, allow you to keep your $550 air (as this is not a perk, but an airfare you booked), but take away your "perk" of the $250 off of air, and give you any current perks on offer.

I don't think your airfare will be affected. But call princess to be certain. I don't use a TA. I book directly with Princess. So anytime I want to change my booking or my air, I call. I let them make the changes for me, or in a few cases let me know a change is not to my benefit. I find them extremely helpful, friendly, patient. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I would say if the promo changes with the refare yes it may affect the EZ Air.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got a big discount on air and it was a part of the brief special sale. I agree if you refare you loose the special air price

Mike

Thanks all for replying. I usually get different answers from different reps, so I'm asking here for first hand experience. :)

PescadoAmarillo,

When you try to refare with Princess, do they just take the $150 off back but allow you to keep your original air fare, or you have to pay the current air fare?

P.S. I'm so looking forward to your blog!

Thanks,

April

When I rebook under a different promotion with my Personal Cruise Consultant I lose the previous freebies (air discount) but can keep the same flight / seat. Important to me because I want aisle seat, 2 across. Not aisle seat in center. Who's your TA? PCC or other?

When you try to refare with Princess, do they just take the $150 off back but allow you to keep your original air fare, or you have to pay the current air fare?

Thanks very much April! I’m feeling the pressure on it this year. :o

I believe you have to pay the current air fare. At least that has been our experience.

I'd argue strongly if they wanted to change your flights. The accounting I saw on line showed the flight cost, the discount from Princess, and the total I would pay. If you are refaring the cruise, you would lose the contribution that Princess is making to your air and thus increase what you are paying, but you shouldn't have to start over with new air fare! When we looked at the discounted air promotion, they were offering the discount on flights from my daughter's home airport but not from mine...interesting.

But...no personal experience with re-faring.

I'd argue strongly if they wanted to change your flights. The accounting I saw on line showed the flight cost' date=' the discount from Princess, and the total I would pay. If you are refaring the cruise, you would lose the contribution that Princess is making to your air and thus increase what you are paying, but you shouldn't have to start over with new air fare! When we looked at the discounted air promotion, they were offering the discount on flights from my daughter's home airport but not from mine...interesting.

But...no personal experience with re-faring.[/quote']

It was part of a promotion..... 1/2 off airfare. It is a well known fact that if you change promotions you lose the benefits/perks of the original promotion and get the perks of the current promotion you are booking under. There is nothing to argue with Princess about.

The airfares refreshes (changes on their computer screens) every 20 minutes.

The airlines make the changes very frequently not Princess so if you cancel you can’t get a fare from weeks or months ago back plus the price of a sale long gone if I understand you correctly. I was almost going to do what I think you want to do and then recalled it is not possible. This is in regard to post 14 with which I agree. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did this the beginning of last month when California cruisers got a state specific discount for Santiago to LA. My PCC put me on hold while refarring ticket, keeping everything including seat & meal selection on all 3 legs of flight (SFO to Charlotte to Santiago, LAX to SFO) while TRANSFERRING the ticket to the new booking which kept it all the same. So I know that it CAN be done. That said, PCC apparently have access / ability that the regular 1-800-Princess people don't have access to. If you really want to know, call whichever TA (PCC or other) you used to book and ask them.

Was this a fare you got during the sale Ombud? In the end I think April is correct since the sale was a unusual air fare sale but check it out. I have frequently been able to refare and keep exact same air price but it was never part of a sale long gone. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bobby3334

Yes. Exactly. The 1800Princess said "no, sorry, only new bookings." And I originally booked a month earlier. My PCC said "hold on a minute ... (on hold) ... (came back &) done. Would you like to have autopay on due date put back on?" So I traded one promo for a better one but kept flight the same. Unfortunately did lose guarantee spot & now I'm #22 wait list on TD. But it's 5 months out so not too shabby

Went onto UAL & Delta websites and confirmed that I kept flight / seats

Edited to add initial call to Princess was August 30th, 2018 around 07:55 PM, PCC did this Sep 9, 2018 around 09:36 AM day before promo ended

Edited by Ombud

So I'm a bit confused. I see two issues.

Refaring when one gets some Princess air promotion... I would think if one rebooked, that promo is gone.

However, I'm not clear with a booking when one has no contribution from Princess. So if one refares, are folks' experiences indicating that the air fare also gets reset to whatever is listed at that time..and in the future? So one may loose that lower air fare that was originally booked?

TIA

I surmise that the answer is "it depends on how good your PCC or TA is." You definitely lose $300 air discount promo, don't necessarily lose original ticket price (price before promo applied). My nonrefundable deposit transferred over ONLY because it was a FCD

FWIW: only your PCC or TA knows the rules in your particular case. Worth a call

Yes. Exactly. The 1800Princess said "no, sorry, only new bookings." And I originally booked a month earlier. My PCC said "hold on a minute ... (on hold) ... (came back &) done. Would you like to have autopay on due date put back on?" So I traded one promo for a better one but kept flight the same. Unfortunately did lose guarantee spot & now I'm #22 wait list on TD. But it's 5 months out so not too shabby

Went onto UAL & Delta websites and confirmed that I kept flight / seats

Edited to add initial call to Princess was August 30th, 2018 around 07:55 PM, PCC did this Sep 9, 2018 around 09:36 AM day before promo ended

So the promo you had previously was the one with the 1/2 off airfare?

I’ve refared with other promos and kept my original airfare but never with a promo that 1/2 off airfare was a part of. Always had to go with the current EZ air price.

I don't know if this helps, but I thought I might share my experience.

I booked direct through princess originally for a 7 night cruise with the ezair promotion that got us 300.00 off per person. As this is our first cruise, I second guessed everything I did, and transferred our booking to a local TA. he contacted me a couple of months in, and said he could get us bumped from a deluxe balcony to a mini suite, but we'd lose the air promotion that was part of our original booking.

He found us a better flight going direct through the airline for about 30.00 per person more, and then offset that with a small OBC.

So when all was said and done, we got better flights, bigger room, and basically the same price, but we did lose the ezair.

We just refared our cruise that we had $150 ea. towards airfare gratuity. After everything was done on the refare I went to the princess website and checked , all princess did was to take away out $300 towards airfare. So instead of paying $249 total we are paying $550 for our airfare. I hope I explained this good enough for you. Have a GREAT day.

I just re-fared my April cruise -- it appears that the EZAir is kept separate from the cruise. My flights / cost was not affected. My cruise benefits did change, but the net change ended up with $800 in my pocket. (flight benefits were not included in either of the cruise benefits)

• 11 months later...

It's clear that the discount promotion of the airfare will be lost after refare, but for the original ticket price I got conflicting first hand experience. Could more people share the experience?

PescadoAmarillo: Your EZ Air would very likely be affected. We ran into this in the past few months. I believe you have to pay the current air fare. At least that has been our experience.

Ombud: "it depends on how good your PCC or TA is", you don't necessarily lose original ticket price (price before promo applied) -- TA has to do more job to "transfer" the ticket

Bobnfl, BDRebel: Flight cost not affected, kept the original ticket price