Online Check-In-Photo Upload???

Wilda

Do they still take your picture at check-in or do I have to dig up a digital picture and upload it?

If you are on a cruise that offers photo upload, note that this is optional. If you don't upload the photo, it will take an extra 5 seconds for them to take one at the terminal.

Cruised the Allure 2-9 September.

Uploaded Photos (actual photos used for passport renewal this spring).

Expedited Check-in.

There were two representatives doing expedited check-in, a good idea but they need a bit more training. It took the representative a couple minutes of moving her ipad and my wife's passport to get them aligned to be recognized, then she took my wife's photo and she was checked in...

I asked politely why she took my wife's picture as it had been uploaded, she told us because it was a picture of a photo... I politely told here it was the actual photo used to passport renewal, she ash ooohhhh...

She scanned my passport, still took a bit of fiddling around to get the distance and alignment right, but, she did not take my photo...

A good idea they have and it should work good when everyone gets a bit more practice..

Dennis & Sue

I have been on several cruises, where they suggest you upload a photo. Haven't done it yet as it seems too much of a hastle. I have also read reports that they take you picture anyway, so why bother.

I uploaded my photo for my upcoming cruise, and THEN I read the directions afterwards and realized I didn't use a plain white background. So I will see if they make me redo it at the port or not. It's not a big deal to me either way.

I have been on several cruises, where they suggest you upload a photo. Haven't done it yet as it seems too much of a hastle. I have also read reports that they take you picture anyway, so why bother.

Not much of a hassle, and having everything done for everyone (photos, waivers and payment) really speeds things along. We were curb to ship in 5 minutes.

The couple of times that we have had the ability to use the uploaded photo it has been no hassle at all.

My guess is that the people that need to have their pictures retaken is because of 1 of 2 reasons. As noted before what seemed like an untrained worker or most likely the passenger not following the directions and not using a plain white background.

Just got back from Enchantment where they had you upload your picture. It was easier than some I've done, not a hassle for someone with today's technology. Once we got to check in, she said, your pictures are on file, looked at them, looked at us and we were on our way. It might have saved 3 minutes at most off check in, but for each agent checking in 100 people or so, that can be a time saver for them I guess.

I wonder if our photos will still be on file for Symphony next spring.

It's not really an issue to do it yourself. Just take a picture with your phone. Email it to yourself, than when you fill in the forms, just upload it. 3 minutes at home, or 3 minutes at check in? But if the line is long, I would guess, everyone behind me could get to their first Mojito faster.

They wish the photo taken with a white background, I don't even have sheets that are white.:) I will probably let them take mine when I finally get on one of those ships.

We just take a photo against a white door in our house. Super simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not really an issue to do it yourself. Just take a picture with your phone. Email it to yourself, than when you fill in the forms, just upload it. 3 minutes at home, or 3 minutes at check in? But if the line is long, I would guess, everyone behind me could get to their first Mojito faster.

Sorry but you need to upload a photo each time you cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They wish the photo taken with a white background, I don't even have sheets that are white.:) I will probably let them take mine when I finally get on one of those ships.

What color are your walls in your house, they don't seem to mind pale blues or pinks as long as there is contrast between the background and portrait.

We just did ours a couple of days ago for our Anthem cruise. We took it against our basement wall which is a beige color because upstairs is green and wouldn't work. We uploaded pics for Anthem 2.5 years ago and they used mine, but DH had to have his retaken at the port. Something about his glasses. It's very easy to take and upload, but if they have to retake it they will so we'll see in a week and a half. Anthem is the only ship so far that uploading pics has been an option for us.

I uploaded our photos, but I sure don't remember the "white" background requirement (and I read fine print disclosures for a living). Maybe a plain background. But not white. Of course I may have missed it.

It says white or neutral background so a light color. I'm assuming they're looking for contrast.

It says white or neutral background so a light color. I'm assuming they're looking for contrast.

Agreed, and for the person who mentioned the glasses, a non- flash picture helps (light from the rear)