YES ESCAPE HAS PAPER STRAWS!

drumming cruisers

Just got back from Canada/new England cruise on Escape. They have paper straws and wooden stir sticks. Cruise was good. Cabin steward was awful. Never "made bed" just threw duvet cover over wrinkled up sheets. DH had to leave a note every night for coffee and creamer. Seemed like our belongings had been rifles thru. Clothes on shelves, and other items. She moved curling iron and I couldn't find it. She put it in enclosed shelf under the tv where the magazines are stored. Could have started a fire if it was hot. We were in cabin 14856, her name was Melody. Was tempted to take her tips away but didn't. We have never had a complaint about a cabin steward before. Most are wonderful! She was just odd.

Specialty restaurants were great. Choir of Men was fantastic. Menu was salad, Beef Wellington, Lemon cheesecake. We thought it was great. and lots of beer.

Escape was very crowded, more than the last time we were on it last February. Was or 14th NCL cruise. We liked Bliss better. FANTASTIC restaurants on that ship!

Of course the "TIPS" are a pool of which many participate... glad you did not take away.

Did you attend the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet?  Did you receive the Hotel Director's Information?  He is the one you should have visited with to voice your concerns.  The bed-making thing would have bothered me too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Just got back from Canada/new England cruise on Escape. They have paper straws and wooden stir sticks. Cruise was good. Cabin steward was awful. Never "made bed" just threw duvet cover over wrinkled up sheets. DH had to leave a note every night for coffee and creamer. Seemed like our belongings had been rifles thru. Clothes on shelves, and other items. She moved curling iron and I couldn't find it. She put it in enclosed shelf under the tv where the magazines are stored. Could have started a fire if it was hot. We were in cabin 14856, her name was Melody. Was tempted to take her tips away but didn't. We have never had a complaint about a cabin steward before. Most are wonderful! She was just odd.

Specialty restaurants were great. Choir of Men was fantastic. Menu was salad, Beef Wellington, Lemon cheesecake. We thought it was great. and lots of beer.

Escape was very crowded, more than the last time we were on it last February. Was or 14th NCL cruise. We liked Bliss better. FANTASTIC restaurants on that ship!

If she was that bad I would hope you talked to guest services about it

Funny our last steward behaved exactly like this plus did not make the towel animals. The last night I did write a detailed note to the HD to alert him of the problems. I'm noticing many more complaints about stewards and while I don't like it quite frankly I think it's stemming from the change in corporate culture. They are being pressed to do more in less time and depending on the personality some may be passive aggressively fighting back, so to speak. Just my opinion