See post no Divina

Mrearl

• 4 weeks later...

Lighten up folks :).  Or perhaps you might want to cut-back on the monthly fees you pay to CC for access :).  This is a terrific blog site and we salute the owners for taking the time, money, and effort to upgrade.   Upgrades are simply part of the Internet game and you might want to compare this last major CC upgrade with what happens on cruise line web sites.  Is the new CC site perfect?  Or course not.  But like any major upgrade the bugs will gradually be worked-out over a period of time.  For the whiners you might want to consider just how much you are paying for this amazing service.

Hank

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Lighten up folks :).  Or perhaps you might want to cut-back on the monthly fees you pay to CC for access :).  This is a terrific blog site and we salute the owners for taking the time, money, and effort to upgrade.   Upgrades are simply part of the Internet game and you might want to compare this last major CC upgrade with what happens on cruise line web sites.  Is the new CC site perfect?  Or course not.  But like any major upgrade the bugs will gradually be worked-out over a period of time.  For the whiners you might want to consider just how much you are paying for this amazing service.

Hank

We are not paying in hard cash, but CC is a business that makes money off of us regardless, through the content that is contributed, agency fees and so on. If and when CC spends cash to upgrade, if this could even be considered an upgrade, it is not out of the goodness of CC’s “heart” but to make more money off of us. 

Folks who participate with their time (which they DONATE to CC) are perfectly within their rights to complain if they see their efforts being made more difficult or time consuming. 

11 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

We are not paying in hard cash, but CC is a business that makes money off of us regardless, through the content that is contributed, agency fees and so on. If and when CC spends cash to upgrade, if this could even be considered an upgrade, it is not out of the goodness of CC’s “heart” but to make more money off of us. 

Folks who participate with their time (which they DONATE to CC) are perfectly within their rights to complain if they see their efforts being made more difficult or time consuming. 

I will disagree although certainly understand your point.  Over the years I have certainly contributed a lot of time to CC, much of which was helping folks who wanted to do European ports on their own (my personal expertise).   But CC has also given me a lot of good information which has been helpful in choosing our cruises and planning our port days.  I have gotten as much back from other posters on CC as I have contributed.  I think you could say I am grateful that CC provides this wonderful forum for us to share are ideas, expertise, and also give us all the ability to learn.  So I am not going to join in criticizing CC for their web site...especially so soon after a major upgrade.

So to twist the lyrics of an old song, "All we are saying, it give them a chance."   🙂

Hank

• Like 1