The Porch of Reflection

Cruzinram

We were on Reflection in 2016 so the prices may have changed, but I think it was $30 for lunch and $45 for dinner. It was well worth whatever the cost was - everything was incredibly fresh and delicious. We loved it!

When we were on board there were two menus. One for lunch and one for dinner. It became our favourite lunchtime venue. 

We didn’t pay as it was included with our room category but I think it was cheaper at lunch than in the evening.

We're debating on trying it for embarkation lunch on our Reflection cruise next month. Partly because we like to have a sit down / full service meal for lunch at embarkation, and partly because it's outdoors. However, neither of us are shellfish fans and not into raw seafood either - we did realize that both full service restaurants (excluding Luminae) open for embarkation lunch on the Reflection are raw seafood based! Is it enjoyable even if passing on the ceviche, seafood tower, and lobster rolls?

We had loved Bistro on 5, found Sushi on 5 acceptable...

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

When we were on board there were two menus. One for lunch and one for dinner. It became our favourite lunchtime venue. 

We didn’t pay as it was included with our room category but I think it was cheaper at lunch than in the evening.

I was in the same situation and We only dined there for lunch, so it is possible that I was incorrect.  I thought the price was the same and it had the same menu, but I would be inclined to believe Chemmo’s experience over mine.

We ate lunch at the Porch on one of the port days in April when we were on the Greek Isles cruise on Reflection. The server asked if we bought a dining package and we said no and we paid a la carte based on the menu pricing.  I don't remember how much but it was not outrageous.

Edited by CEOofVacation

1 hour ago, Forever42 said:

We're debating on trying it for embarkation lunch on our Reflection cruise next month. Partly because we like to have a sit down / full service meal for lunch at embarkation, and partly because it's outdoors. However, neither of us are shellfish fans and not into raw seafood either - we did realize that both full service restaurants (excluding Luminae) open for embarkation lunch on the Reflection are raw seafood based! Is it enjoyable even if passing on the ceviche, seafood tower, and lobster rolls?

We had loved Bistro on 5, found Sushi on 5 acceptable...

Many of the items in Porch are not raw seafood based.  Lobster in lobster rolls are also cooked.  You can get a burger there.  

9 hours ago, CEOofVacation said:

Many of the items in Porch are not raw seafood based.  Lobster in lobster rolls are also cooked.  You can get a burger there.  

I did mention we don't like lobster 🙂 We're a little odd! And I thought I saw the burger only on the dinner menu? Either way, we're going back and forth on whether it's worth it just for the atmosphere and avoiding the crowds, if we don't really eat seafood.

Either way, going to play by ear. Might just head right to the Sunset Bar and grab something at the Mast Grill 😉

1 hour ago, Forever42 said:

I did mention we don't like lobster 🙂 We're a little odd! And I thought I saw the burger only on the dinner menu? Either way, we're going back and forth on whether it's worth it just for the atmosphere and avoiding the crowds, if we don't really eat seafood.

Either way, going to play by ear. Might just head right to the Sunset Bar and grab something at the Mast Grill 😉

My husband had the burger at the Porch for lunch.