1st Reflection cruise - best dining

Mialias

We take a cruise every couple of years. For us the entertainment and service is always satisfactory. Food/Dining is what makes a cruise for us. So far we have been on Norweigen, Royal and Carnival (back in the day). Reflection was FAR superior to all of these. We did main dining most nights which was well above average. We upgraded 2 nights to steakhouse which was as good as any on land. The other night we tried qzine. That was an amazingly fun experience! I don;t think I have ever seen anything like this. Certainly a highlight. The rest of the cruise went smoothly. Time to go on a diet!

5 minutes ago, Mialias said:

We take a cruise every couple of years. For us the entertainment and service is always satisfactory. Food/Dining is what makes a cruise for us. So far we have been on Norweigen, Royal and Carnival (back in the day). Reflection was FAR superior to all of these. We did main dining most nights which was well above average. We upgraded 2 nights to steakhouse which was as good as any on land. The other night we tried qzine. That was an amazingly fun experience! I don;t think I have ever seen anything like this. Certainly a highlight. The rest of the cruise went smoothly. Time to go on a diet!

Thanks for sharing your opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

We really liked Murano and Qsine. The food was so good in both restaurants, but Le Petit Chef at Qsine was really the star of it all. The vivid rich colors and creativity of the animation was such a joy to watch. I've never seen anything like it. Make sure to reserve and go see it!!

Just off the Reflection.

IMHO, the lawn club grill serves a better steak than the Italian Steakhouse (Tuscan Grill).  I  really suggest you try Murano and the Lawn club grill for dinner and eat one meal at the Porch (have the seafood tower).  Tuscan Grill is hit and miss...some like the menu, we have eaten there a few times and never really had a good meal.....additionally, they offer two or three additional steaks for an additional charge on top of the cover charge. LPC is a once and done...which is annoying.   LPC is pretty much a once and done...but actually I think the video of the dinner presentation is on YouTube....watch the movie and save your $55. They have four dinners, but everyone only watches one....so if you order something else too bad.  The sushi bar is actually pretty good...a la carte...for something different...check out the menu. 

You may also find two special dinners offered...one TajX indian food and the other a BBQ.  On the reflection I would recommend skipping TajX (I have a thread here on that dinner)...it's almost the same food that's served in the buffet during your cruise....I felt ripped off.  We've had the same dinner on other ships and it's been quite good...just avoid it on the Reflection. 

Can't comment on the BBQ dinner...never done it.

We loved the Lawn Club Grille when we were on the recent transatlantic cruise.  The food was so good and the service great.  My husband said the carrot cake dessert was the best he's ever had.  I loved that I could have a filet and lamb chops and sea food so I didn't have to choose.  We loved Lawn Club so much that we went back for a second time and loved it even more even though the weather was horrible that night.

21 hours ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

We loved the Lawn Club Grille when we were on the recent transatlantic cruise.  The food was so good and the service great.  My husband said the carrot cake dessert was the best he's ever had.  I loved that I could have a filet and lamb chops and sea food so I didn't have to choose.  We loved Lawn Club so much that we went back for a second time and loved it even more even though the weather was horrible that night.

Carrot cake?  I remember their warm chocolate chip cookie w/ice cream.  I loved it!  Have they replaced the cookie with the carrot cake or do I just not remember that both were offered?

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

Carrot cake?  I remember their warm chocolate chip cookie w/ice cream.  I loved it!  Have they replaced the cookie with the carrot cake or do I just not remember that both were offered?

They had the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream too.  The desserts were wonderful.  In fact the first night we went my husband had the carrot cake and I ordered the apple crumble.  By mistake they brought  me the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream which I said was fine.  They insisted on bringing me the the apple crumble and said I could take it to go which I did.  So that night I had the warm chocolate chip cookie and later the apple crumble 🙂   Both were fantastic