Celebrity Infinity-any recent cruisers?

jargey3000

Sorry if I am not replying the way you are supposed to. I am new to CC so I'm still learning. Not sure how to communicate with members here...is there a private message? If not, I am hoping Brooker can respond to me on this thread. I am going on the Infinity for the 1st time next year and I was wondering which cabin they were in. I have 1072 and am hoping that one isnt a bad cabin. I am trying to avoid any I saw on reviews that had negative comments. I liked the itinerary on this particular cruise and we have gone on a few Celebrity cruises in the past, which were very good. I didnt know how bad the Infinity was when I booked. I am going on the Reflection in a few wks and the reviews are generally pretty positive. Is it hit or miss on Infinity? 

7 hours ago, philamyc said:

We cruised on the infinity on the 5 day Caribbean Jan. 14-19. We loved it and we have booked it again. Everything was top notch. I don't mind older if it means half the price!! The food was amazing.

Ditto. We sailed in early Dec and the ship and staff were amazing. We will definitely sail this ship again especially for the price. If you can get I suite class enjoy James in Lumanie. He was excellent.

judd

3 hours ago, ghdool said:

Sorry if I am not replying the way you are supposed to. I am new to CC so I'm still learning. Not sure how to communicate with members here...is there a private message? If not, I am hoping Brooker can respond to me on this thread. I am going on the Infinity for the 1st time next year and I was wondering which cabin they were in. I have 1072 and am hoping that one isnt a bad cabin. I am trying to avoid any I saw on reviews that had negative comments. I liked the itinerary on this particular cruise and we have gone on a few Celebrity cruises in the past, which were very good. I didnt know how bad the Infinity was when I booked. I am going on the Reflection in a few wks and the reviews are generally pretty positive. Is it hit or miss on Infinity? 

If you're travelling next year, I would not worry too much about negative reviews in relation to maintenance issues. A year is a long time, so you may find cabins that have issues will have been repaired in that time, and cabins that have no reports of issues might incur damage... Basically, chose your stateroom based on where you would rather be, not on the reports of maintenance issues. 

On 1/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, varoo said:

My guess would be that it had been taped by the previous occupant of the cabin, as that is something passengers often do so they don't need to hold the button down the entire time when using the hair dryer.

The stateroom attendant most likely never even noticed it.

Perhaps, but tape like that is not something that most passengers would normally travel with.

We sailed on Infinity the beginning of January.  I posted a review on here.  Many of the public spaces are in fine shape, just old.  The ship is def showing its age (lots of rust).  I was most disappointed with the condition of our room.  We had a family "suite" and it definitely had seen better days.  The bathroom had baseboards in disrepair, caulking around shower was in bad shape and it smelled.  The couch was falling apart.  The deck had rust, mold and very old furniture.  I am very glad it was not our first experience on Celebrity as I fear it would have been our last.  I would never had stayed in a hotel that was in this bad of shape!  On the plus side, we did enjoy the shows and the musical entertainment.  The food was good, service was adequate....just not as good as our past Celebrity experience.

We sailed her in September 2017, and I realize that was now 2+ years ago.  We also sailed an "old" Carnival Paradise a number of years ago.  There was no comparison between the "old" Infinity and "old" Paradise.  Infinity looked like a new ship compared to the Paradise.  Sure, it shows a bit of age, but nothing was damaged or unsightly.  Crew was awesome, and the ship was very clean. 

• Like 1

Recently completed a 4 night cruise on the Infinity in Oct.  It is a completely different cruise experience than doing a 7 day or longer.

It was more festive.   Passengers were a lot younger and there were more children.   The bars were always crowded and chair, and table hogs were in force.   Still not a problem as we always were able to get more than we needed to drink or eat. 

Port days didn’t offer any relief as most stayed on board to take advantage of what they paid for: food, drinks and lay at the pool.  Every lounger in the Solarium or at the pool was always occupied or saved.   Plenty of open chairs on the top decks.  

The casio was always packed when open.

There appeared to be many groups of women that were doing a ladies only cruise.   They would camp out at the tables in the Solarium and stay there all day playing cards or other games enjoying the drink package and snack food from the various areas.   Many were doing the same in the Constellation Lounge and Cafe al Bacio.   

Also found out that there was a group on board arranged and booked through Match.com.   That also explained a remark I heard walking up the stairs.   There was a young couple also going  up the stairs and the male said to her that her lags looked fantastic.   He then kept harping on them asking if she worked out and just kept up about how fantastic they were and were the most amazing legs he ever seen and how she must really workout a lot etc ...   It appeared rather strange that someone would say that to someone you already knew or a stranger.   I can see why he is still looking for a match. 

Entertainment overall was good except for the very loud DJ that occassionallly played by the Martini Bar.

Didn’t care for any of the drinks from the Infusion Bar that was incorporated in the Gellato area.   Every drink was infused with smoke like that one Scotch drink at the World Class Bar.  

Never had had a problem with getting drinks served in the dining rooms or buffet.

Was only asked one time to purchase a drink pack or upgrade.   I already had both.

No one hounded me to buy anything 

There was always someone at the buffet entrance trying to sell the specialty restuarants. 

Future cruise desk was always busy.  

There was a bottle of Louie  XIII at Cellar Masters.  It was $150/shot.  The bottle was from a previous cruise for  some VIP cruiser and there was about 1/8 of the bottle left.  

Muster drill was best ever.  It didn’t have that dumb video.   Showed how to put on the vest said a few words, called for those that weren’t checked in and then it was over.  

Embarkation was quick. Disembarking wasn’t .   Most did the walked off.   The line thru customs was very long like the cattle line at Disney.   There were only 3 custom officers instead of the normal 5.  We got in line to leave the ship at 8:15 and were in our parked car at Park and Go at 9: 45 and that was due to getting thru customs.

Have two more 5 day  cruises booked on the Infinity and that is mainly for the cost.  It is had to beat a suite with all the perks for under $175/day pp along with extra SBC to add to the included $150 pp.

Looking back that cruise was a blur.  It came and went very fast.  We are preparing the next 5 day cruise on the Infinity in March.  It was booked  because of the cost as we will get off that and head to the Edge doing a B2B.     We wouldn’t travel the distance for only 5 days but since we will be there it is a bonus considering the cost.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Reading all posts with interest!!  Still not sure when Chic night occurs on 4-nt Key West/Nassau cruise on Infinity - doesn't really matter but I'm a planner!!

Also, what exactly are the shows at night??  Variety shows, broadway tunes, acrobats/jugglers, comedians??  Still no Celebrity Today Newsletters for this itinerary - thank you for the pages posted so far - just would like more info if anyone has it...

Happy sailing everyone!!

10 hours ago, margie1221 said:

Reading all posts with interest!!  Still not sure when Chic night occurs on 4-nt Key West/Nassau cruise on Infinity - doesn't really matter but I'm a planner!!

Also, what exactly are the shows at night??  Variety shows, broadway tunes, acrobats/jugglers, comedians??  Still no Celebrity Today Newsletters for this itinerary - thank you for the pages posted so far - just would like more info if anyone has it...

Happy sailing everyone!!

I will post the daily papers, one at a time.  Sorry, they are a little crooked!

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0465.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, margie1221 said:

Happy sailing everyone!!

Here is day 2. The last page of the paper is the same everyday, so I am not going to repost those. The show on this night was just ok. Kinda cheesy. The comedian on the first night was pretty good. The dance class with the cruise director was fun!

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg

IMG_0469.jpeg

Really looking forward to this we have back to back first 4 day cruise in celebrity suite, just got call from concierge asking if we needed anything special then 5 day charter rock and romance in a sky suite one cabin away , music will be great Boz Scaggs, Foreigner, War , and many others. First one is 3/21. 

Thanks Philamyc for the postings.  Getting on the Infinity this Saturday. 

Interesting that Select dining is on Deck 4-I guess the amount of guests now require the larger space.

I’m wondering if the MDR is open for breakfast. Breakfast is not listed on the daily listing.

Hope our cabins are in good shape! Haven’t been on the Infinity in 2 years and it’s been a lot longer since I’ve taken this short of a cruise.  Just getting really excited to cruise again.

1 hour ago, TN Vol Fan said:

Thanks Philamyc for the postings.  Getting on the Infinity this Saturday. 

Interesting that Select dining is on Deck 4-I guess the amount of guests now require the larger space.

I’m wondering if the MDR is open for breakfast. Breakfast is not listed on the daily listing.

Hope our cabins are in good shape! Haven’t been on the Infinity in 2 years and it’s been a lot longer since I’ve taken this short of a cruise.  Just getting really excited to cruise again.

Thanks! I can't speak to breakfast in the MDR because we had breakfast in Blu every morning, however we did get room service one morning that, I believe, came from the MDR so that would seem to suggest yes. Have a great cruise! We loved it!

Lots of great information, I have a question and I'm aware beverage package questions have been discussed at length.

If you don't have a beverage package, did any of you notice if discounts were offered on board, or were loyal Captain's Club members offered discounts ?

Thank you in advance

Doing a back to back on Infinity next month 3/16 & 3/21. My first B to B. I know I hit Key West twice; I’ll just stay on the ship one time. Looking forward to see what menus and entertainment change and what stays the same. Not terribly concerned about the condition of the ship. It gather it is showing wear and tear, but, based on all my Celebrity experiences, it should be clean and maintained.