Celebrity Infinity-any recent cruisers?

jargey3000

5 hours ago, mbddisney said:

I was hoping you could upload a picture of the dailies that might have the page with the hours for venues.  I am trying to get this info to some new cruisers so they have an idea of what is on the ship and how early or late they are open!!!!  Thank you in advance if you you can help me out

We're on a Panama Canal cruise so I doubt the dailies will be of much help. But I'll try to post one from a sea day when I get back.

Edited by MisterBill99

15 hours ago, sailco said:

Could you tell me if the rear bar outside the buffet (Deck 10 I think) is a non smoking area? Thank you.

Yes, the Oceanview Bar is completely non-smoking.

They also have hard cider on tap on the drink package (Strongbow, I think).

For anyone who likes Angry Orchard, you can get it on the Classic drink package at Cellar Masters on deck 5. It's $1 extra at other places since they carry Strongbow, but CM doesn't carry it. It's the first time I've ever had a bartender on a cruise ship know me, he asks if I want 2 whenever I show up. I get them and bring them into the dining room since the bartenders in the deck 4 dining room go to Rendes Vouz, where they do not have Angry Orchard!

Edited by MisterBill99

15 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, the Oceanview Bar is completely non-smoking.

They also have hard cider on tap on the drink package (Strongbow, I think).

For anyone who likes Angry Orchard, you can get it on the Classic drink package at Cellar Masters on deck 5. It's $1 extra at other places since they carry Strongbow, but CM doesn't carry it. It's the first time I've ever had a bartender on a cruise ship know me, he asks if I want 2 whenever I show up. I get them and bring them into the dining room since the bartenders in the deck 4 dining room go to Rendes Vouz, where they do not have Angry Orchard!

I haven't tried any of the ciders.  I've always been a beer & shot guy.  But as I get older my stomach doesn't always want to cooperate.  Is cider a little easier on the tum-tum?

We are on the Infinity in December.  We have sailed her previously.  We just left the Summit on Sunday after 14 nights.  The CD, crew and staff were wonderful.  On my survey I commented that after December I will not sail on any M class unless it has been through dry dock.  The staterooms especially are in rough condition.  It is not "Modern Luxury".  Every time I disembark an M class I say "no more", but, then book one again.  This time I mean it, LOL.

MisterBill - THANK YOU for posting your thoughts.  It is greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are on the Infinity in December.  We have sailed her previously.  We just left the Summit on Sunday after 14 nights.  The CD, crew and staff were wonderful.  On my survey I commented that after December I will not sail on any M class unless it has been through dry dock.  The staterooms especially are in rough condition.  It is not "Modern Luxury".  Every time I disembark an M class I say "no more", but, then book one again.  This time I mean it, LOL.

"This time I mean it"  - yeah, sure.  :classic_biggrin:  This is our first trip on a M class.  But for the cruises we've done we do tend to prefer the smaller ships - around 100,000 GT give or take a little.  So I expect we'll be comfortable.  We got a free bump to Concierge and as I've read doing CC on a M class may be a good test.  But yeah, "This time I mean it" - sounds like raising the kids.

Thank you for the copy of the daily.  I notice the solarium is not open until 11:30am.   We disembarked the Summit on Sunday the the hours were 7am-10pm.  Many days we started our day by using the hot tub.  I am disappointed to see it opens so late and this will not be an option on the Infinity.

14 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

We're on a Panama Canal cruise so I doubt the dailies will be of much help. But I'll try to post one from a sea day when I get back.

I am really looking for the page on the dailies that has the hours of each of venues and what deck they are on it would be amazing if you can download one of the hose   Thank you for trying

6 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you for the copy of the daily.  I notice the solarium is not open until 11:30am.   We disembarked the Summit on Sunday the the hours were 7am-10pm.  Many days we started our day by using the hot tub.  I am disappointed to see it opens so late and this will not be an option on the Infinity.

The two Celebrity Today(s) that X-elite posted are for embarkation day showing the hours of operation for the different venues only for that day. 

20 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Our cabin was in good condition. However, Infinity is apparently not due to Edge-ifying until 2020.

Speaking of "Modern Luxury", that was one thing that the CD did not convey. BTW in speaking to other guests, I think that my negative opinion of him was the majority opinion. He is not the appropriate CD for a Celebrity cruise, especially one of 15 days. Perhaps the presumably younger passenger mix they will  get with the 4-5 night sailings they're going to do now will like him better.

One more tip: check the dailies for $5 free slot play. Not sure how often they will have it on the shorter cruises but we had it 4 nights. We ended up making $30! Now, under normal circumstances betting $50 and ending up with $30 would not be good, but in this case it was $30 we didn't have when we started! The secret is to keep track of your winnings and cash out after you've spent the initial $5. You can hit the "Cash out" button and it will print a voucher for your earnings and leave the remaining free money on the machine.

Edited by MisterBill99

20 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Marie - I tend to agree with you.  I love the size and feel of M-Class but I'm waiting for the upcoming major renovations before I book again.

1st Celebrity cruise coming up on Nov 10 - 5 nights on the Infinity.

2 questions:

1) Can someone tell me on Embarkation day, how busy is the MDR for "open seating" dinner? When is a good time to go and not miss the theater show on the 1st night? (We are not early diners, so I'm currently hoping for 7:15pm time - not sure if that is too late for showtime)

2) How does future booking work while on the ship? Heard they offer good deal, but I'm be searching up and down and can't really find a date/itinerary that fit my budget and schedule yet.  

Thanks in advance for your input!

2 hours ago, QT911 said:

1st Celebrity cruise coming up on Nov 10 - 5 nights on the Infinity.

2 questions:

1) Can someone tell me on Embarkation day, how busy is the MDR for "open seating" dinner? When is a good time to go and not miss the theater show on the 1st night? (We are not early diners, so I'm currently hoping for 7:15pm time - not sure if that is too late for showtime)

2) How does future booking work while on the ship? Heard they offer good deal, but I'm be searching up and down and can't really find a date/itinerary that fit my budget and schedule yet.  

Thanks in advance for your input!

I would not go later than 6:30 to make sure you get to the show, especially if you intend to sit at a table larger than 2. Also suggest making MDR reservations online in advance in the Cruise Planner. Once you get on board, they will tell you that only 5 and 5:15 reservations are available.

I think they were offering some special deal with an extra perk if you booked Concierge or higher.  Also I think you get OBC to be used on the current cruise, which did not interest me since I wasn't spending anything. I did not speak to the future cruise person to fully understand how it worked.

We’ll be cruising on the Infinity Nov 24 as well for 5nts. We haven’t been on the M class ships just the S class ones. We booked one of the Sweet Sixteen Balcony cabins  as everyone talks about how large the balconies are. The price was right so we grabbed one. This will be the shortest cruise we’ve been on...Just a quick getaway.

Hello MisterBill99 or someone who recently on the Infinity,
Could you tell me the Celebrity Today's daily Schedule around 7am and 5pm regarding the fitness classes at Fitness center, please?

I hope they still provide the free classes such as Stretch and Abs or total body conditioning everyday except Embarkation days.

I will be really appreciating for any information.
Many thanks.:classic_smile: 

OP here...thanks for all comments. We're on the 4-night key west/bahamas run. First Celebrity cruise. 2 questions:

- will they have a "dress-up" (formal) night on a 4-nighter? or can I leave my "good" jeans at home...?

- on some other cruiselines they have art auctions , which we go to mainly for the free champagne.... Will they offer something like this on our cruise? ...hic!!

oh...and any more comments specifically about food quality  would be appreciated!

Edited by jargey3000

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

OP here...thanks for all comments. We're on the 4-night key west/bahamas run. First Celebrity cruise. 2 questions:

- will they have a "dress-up" (formal) night on a 4-nighter? or can I leave my "good" jeans at home...?

- on some other cruiselines they have art auctions , which we go to mainly for the free champagne.... Will they offer something like this on our cruise? ...hic!!

oh...and any more comments specifically about food quality  would be appreciated!

Celebrity no longer has formal evenings. It is called evening chic.  Celebrity's website gives guidance for the evening wear in the MDR. We enjoyed all our food selections and were really good. But that's our opinion. 

Edited by davekathy

We were on the 10/9/18 Panama Canal cruise and returned home yesterday 10/24.  This was our third Panama Canal cruise and we enjoyed it immensely.  This ship is older and we saw them replacing some railings in different areas but all in all we thought the ship was in good condition. 

We found the crew to be very friendly and efficient (some of them we had met on previous cruises) and the officers visible and approachable.  

The food in the MDR and Tuscan Grill was very good.  The buffet was also good with hot selections being hot and cold selections being cold and there was a good variety - you do need to walk around the entire area or it is easy to miss things. 

This was our experience only and can't speak to what others encountered.  We wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Infinity again and in fact will be on a B2B 12/3 and 12/8.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:43 PM, newfiegirl4 said:

So glad to hear she is still in good shape. My friend and I will be on her Nov 24th. 

Has anyone see a thread for this date? I'm sure I posted to a roll call ( I know or I thought I read that there are no roll calls for under 7 days) but I did post somewhere about the cruise but cannot find it anywhere. I've been searching for the date  and it's not listed. Can someone please help? Thank you,

Cathy

I also will be on her on the same days.  First cruise on Celebrity.  Already booked Le Petit Chef at Qsine.  Can't wait.  Also a whiskey tasting and cocktail class.  Waiting until on ship for spa booking.  This is a belated 33rd anniversary trip.  

28 minutes ago, katiegirl1264 said:

My husband and I really enjoyed Infinity. So relaxing and the food was great. I recommend going to Qsine that has something called Le Petit Chef. So delightful, I was smiling the entire time! It really made the night special.

Thanks for posting and welcome to Cruise Critic.