Celebrity Infinity-any recent cruisers?

jargey3000

I have no idea, but I was very surprised.  We never even met our cabin steward.  I thought that was odd.  We told him about the balcony problem via a note we left him.  I love meeting them and chatting with them, and they are usually so accessible.   Also we were in a Concierge room, which we always are, and we did not receive our sparking wine.  The shower situation was a joke. 

If I may ask -- were you in a suite or Aqua room?

8 minutes ago, brooker said:

I have no idea, but I was very surprised.  We never even met our cabin steward.  I thought that was odd.  We told him about the balcony problem via a note we left him.  I love meeting them and chatting with them, and they are usually so accessible.   Also we were in a Concierge room, which we always are, and we did not receive our sparking wine.  The shower situation was a joke. 

If I may ask -- were you in a suite or Aqua room?

We were in 7190 - C1 - got bumped up from a veranda. Our first time in concierge.  Pablo was our steward and did a great job.  We knew beforehand that you had to ask for the bubbly - something new and not a good thing, we think.  Our stateroom was spotless and in a good location.  This was only our 7th cruise but we thought the MDR food was great - better than Silhouette in March.  I was kind of PO'd about our waiter's upsell, though.  I wouldn't have tipped him because of it, but my wife......

BTW, we liked Key West a lot but not so much Nassau.  What did you do there, if I may ask?  And I guess I just did.  :classic_biggrin:

Well we never had to ask for the bubbly before, but they are always changing things, and now we know to ask.  And to be fair, our stateroom was clean, quiet and in a great location.  But the bathroom was definitely showing its age - cracks, mold and general discoloration.  and I love the bread and breadsticks that you get with dinner, and one night we actually had to ask for it.  This was probably our 8th cruise on Celebrity and all others have been fantastic.

We have been to key west many times, both on cruises and at hotels, and we love it there.  In Nassau we went to Blue Lagoon Island and absolutely loved it.  I highly recommend it.  Also, We are beer drinkers and there is a brew pub in town and we went there before getting back on the ship. 

When we go to a new port for the first time we tend to do a good bit of research then usually walk around.  This has worked well almost everywhere - Hawaii, Mexico, Carib, Europe - just not in Nassau.  A couple at our table did Blue Lagoon and had a great time so if we return maybe we'll give that a try.  Seems like the excursion folks did better than the wanderers there.  Beer drinker here, too, with the occasional shot of Makers Mark.  Like to try the local brews whenever possible.

Nice chatting with you.  Happy cruising

49 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

When we go to a new port for the first time we tend to do a good bit of research then usually walk around.  This has worked well almost everywhere - Hawaii, Mexico, Carib, Europe - just not in Nassau.  A couple at our table did Blue Lagoon and had a great time so if we return maybe we'll give that a try.  Seems like the excursion folks did better than the wanderers there.  Beer drinker here, too, with the occasional shot of Makers Mark.  Like to try the local brews whenever possible.

Nice chatting with you.  Happy cruising

Right back at you!!!!  Take care. 

8 hours ago, brooker said:

I have no idea, but I was very surprised.  We never even met our cabin steward.  I thought that was odd.  We told him about the balcony problem via a note we left him.  I love meeting them and chatting with them, and they are usually so accessible.   Also we were in a Concierge room, which we always are, and we did not receive our sparkling wine.  The shower situation was a joke. 

That's odd. Our cabin steward made a point of meeting us the first day and said hello to us whenever we saw him in the hall. It's in their interest to meet you if they want to get extra tips!

12 hours ago, brooker said:

was on Infinity for the 4 nighter last week.  Ship is very tired.  Our shower head was taped together, yes taped.  and the tape gave out the last night. 

You should have said something about it. Our hair dryer's button was taped so it was always on when plugged in. I took a picture of it and found the head housekeeper at a Captain's Club event and showed it to her (and pointed out that I was showing it to her instead of the safety officer). It was replaced the next day and she even sent us a bottle of wine as an apology (or thanks for letting her know, take your pick).

Edited by MisterBill99

Took the 4 day cruise in the Infinity Oct.28 to Nov 1 and found it fine. As a cruiser on Celebrity since 1996 I was on the Infinity as an almost new ship to Alaska. It was so beautiful! (and "massive" as opposed to the Century and especially the Meridian, my first Celebrity cruise. It is showing it's wear and tear but we were happy (happy on ANY cruise). It is in a little better shape than the Summit (We were on last January) and there were definitely areas that could use a better cleaning and some paint but not terribly noticeable (unless you are looking to find fault. Obviously newer ships have a more modern look but I still think she is beautiful!

56 minutes ago, newyorkray said:

Took the 4 day cruise in the Infinity Oct.28 to Nov 1 and found it fine. As a cruiser on Celebrity since 1996 I was on the Infinity as an almost new ship to Alaska. It was so beautiful! (and "massive" as opposed to the Century and especially the Meridian, my first Celebrity cruise. It is showing it's wear and tear but we were happy (happy on ANY cruise). It is in a little better shape than the Summit (We were on last January) and there were definitely areas that could use a better cleaning and some paint but not terribly noticeable (unless you are looking to find fault. Obviously newer ships have a more modern look but I still think she is beautiful!

Along with the rest of the fleet, she will be getting a facelift soon. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, MisterBill99 said:

You should have said something about it. Our hair dryer's button was taped so it was always on when plugged in. I took a picture of it and found the head housekeeper at a Captain's Club event and showed it to her (and pointed out that I was showing it to her instead of the safety officer). It was replaced the next day and she even sent us a bottle of wine as an apology (or thanks for letting her know, take your pick).

Yes, we should have.  I wish I had.  I never want to be a bother though. But I know - better to be a bother than to sit and complain on here right? 

1 hour ago, brooker said:

Yes, we should have.  I wish I had.  I never want to be a bother though. But I know - better to be a bother than to sit and complain on here right? 

Asking them to fix something correctly is not being a bother. To be honest, neither your shower head nor my hair dryer should have been "repaired" that way, which makes you wonder whether the room stewards are being discouraged from reporting things and instead taking the repairs into their own hands. I initially thought that maybe they were out of hair dryers, but that was not the case. Did you mention the issue in your survey?

3 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Asking them to fix something correctly is not being a bother. To be honest, neither your shower head nor my hair dryer should have been "repaired" that way, which makes you wonder whether the room stewards are being discouraged from reporting things and instead taking the repairs into their own hands. I initially thought that maybe they were out of hair dryers, but that was not the case. Did you mention the issue in your survey?

Agreed.  And the fact that I was unable to open our balcony door, and my husband opened with difficulty, leads me to believe that no one was cleaning the balcony or they would have known the door was faulty.   And yes, I reported both issues in my survey.  having said all of this however, I will continue to cruise on Celebrity ships, because this was the first time I had any issues.

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Better later than never. 

Agreed. But in response to the comment "could use a better cleaning and some paint". you said it would be getting a facelift "soon". That means that the maintenance issues are likely to get worse until 2020. It's not like saying that it's going in for dry dock next month.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2018 at 9:35 PM, cltnccruisers said:

This was only our 7th cruise but we thought the MDR on Infinity last week may have been the best MDR food of any of them.

Good to hear as we are, once again, on Celebrity Infinity!  Short cruise to Key West & Cozumel.  Do they still have "formal night" on the short cruises?

1 hour ago, catch annette said:

Good to hear as we are, once again, on Celebrity Infinity!  Short cruise to Key West & Cozumel.  Do they still have "formal night" on the short cruises?

No formal nights ever on any Celebrity cruise.  Just Chic night, now. You can pretty much wear whatever you're comfortable in, including jeans (not ripped) and collared polo shirts.  No need for suit, dress shirt or tie.

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

No formal nights ever on any Celebrity cruise.  Just Chic night, now. You can pretty much wear whatever you're comfortable in, including jeans (not ripped) and collared polo shirts.  No need for suit, dress shirt or tie.

The Mediterranean is a bit different. Europeans like to dress up and even on the Celebrity ships you'll find many people in formal wear on Evening Chic night.

12 hours ago, sailco said:

The Mediterranean is a bit different. Europeans like to dress up and even on the Celebrity ships you'll find many people in formal wear on Evening Chic night.

I believe the OP was asking about their short cruise to Key West and Cozumel, and virtually no one will be dressed up, although you can if you choose to.  Med cruises can be dressier, but it certainly is not a requirement and the majority will not be dressed formally on Chic nights.  I love that everyone can be comfortable in whatever they choose to wear.  That being said, my DH loves to dress up!

I sailed on Infinity last month and was pleasantly surprised at how well she has held up over the years.  We are going on the revolutionized Millennium in August so that should make for an interesting comparison.  I just wanted to say that we enjoyed our five day Western Caribbean cruise on Infinity.  Standards were maintained... clean... pleasant and helpful crew and staff.... food quite good in the M.D.R.  Went to Tuscan one night and that was good too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wiselindag said:

I sailed on Infinity last month and was pleasantly surprised at how well she has held up over the years.  We are going on the revolutionized Millennium in August so that should make for an interesting comparison.  I just wanted to say that we enjoyed our five day Western Caribbean cruise on Infinity.  Standards were maintained... clean... pleasant and helpful crew and staff.... food quite good in the M.D.R.  Went to Tuscan one night and that was good too. 

Thanks for this

We sail in April.

Originally she was to be in dry dock about now/this spring  and done before our  April TA sailing. 

X changed their dry dock refurb plans

How were the public spaces?  Were you in the spa or Blu at all?

TYIA

I kept wondering how they were going to improve the ship, so no worries.  I like the M Class ships and hope you do too.  The public spaces all looked good and were the old familiar spots - Cafe Al Bacio, Rendezvous Lounge, the Grand Foyer, etc.  I didn't go to the spa or Blu (but I did go by and take a picture of Blu).  I usually sail in Aqua, but for this short cruise, stayed with a regular Balcony.  i brought a group with me and since I needed to eat with them, it made more sense to skip Aqua and Blu.  I hope you have a wonderful time.

19 hours ago, catch annette said:

We were on a short Infinity cruise recently and there is one evening chic night.  Yes there was a noticeable difference in how dressed up people were.  

Edited by Zoedokey

On 11/9/2018 at 11:35 PM, MisterBill99 said:

...... Our hair dryer's button was taped so it was always on when plugged in. I took a picture of it and found the head housekeeper at a Captain's Club event and showed it to her (and pointed out that I was showing it to her instead of the safety officer). It was replaced the next day and she even sent us a bottle of wine as an apology (or thanks for letting her know, take your pick).

My guess would be that it had been taped by the previous occupant of the cabin, as that is something passengers often do so they don't need to hold the button down the entire time when using the hair dryer.

The stateroom attendant most likely never even noticed it.