Petition for RCCL to cease and disist smart baording protocol

Drummer72

On 10/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, Drummer72 said:

Im getting a petition together to force RCL from putting us all at risk with smart boarding protocol.

i will not cruise with them again until card are handed to you at check in.  Leaving the cards for anyone to take is DANGEROUS.  

Leaving them in an envelope when you arrive.  Would you leave house keys next to your door... NO, you would not.

if you are interested in supporting your saftey on board RCCL. Please let me know.  So far i have 3 signatures.  From other concered passengers.  What is it going to take to get them to listen. A mugging, a beat down a robbery from someone hiding in your room when you arrive.  

Please, together we can make RCCL “GREAT AGAIN”

thank you....

Thanks I need a good laugh this morning.

How dare RCL leave my luggage un-attended outside my room when I'm not there to collect it straight away. What if someone takes it? It's such a dangerous procedure and needs stopping immediately. :classic_dry:

Seriously, this post is pathetic. I can't get my head around why this is a dangerous procedure.

Everytime your card is scanned your picture comes up. Even if someone did take your card they wouldn't be able to do anything with it

On 10/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, champagne123 said:

A few cruise lines are doing this now.  As soooo many people have stated, it is a NON issue.  You do NOT pay for your drinks if you have a drink package.  There is a BARCODE on your  boarding pass that you give to the bartender and he scans it.

Someone earlier said that they had to pay for their drink until they had the card.  Good to know that’s not the case.

9 minutes ago, MagicMike said:

Seapass cards do not indicate which deck you are on . only the cabin #.  If you are in cabin 11648, the seapass card only says 648.  Anyone stealing or finding your card would have to try and access multiple cabins to find which one it worked on.

That’s true for a found seapass card. But if, as happened to my friends, the card is taken from the door envelope, then the person taking the card will know which room to return to. And despite guest services saying the card is deactivated, it very well might not be. 

Im not saying this is some huge deal, but it’s also not a complete non-issue either. 

13 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Even if someone did take your card they wouldn't be able to do anything with it

They could run up a bill at the arcade - no picture checks there to prevent it (thou you will be caught afterwards by the myriad of cameras).

When I started to cruise the seapass card and the door key were different things and you found your door keys in the room.  They were standard punch card type ones that they had in hotels at the time so yes then anyone could have got to your room first and taken them.

5 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Wow - this is so strange! We have been sailing NCL for the last 10 years, so this is all new to me. Why wouldn't they just give it to you when you board? 

I'm guessing this allows them to get by with fewer check-in agents.

I'm starting a petition to have the OP banned for misspelling the word desist.  That kind of carelessness is a threat to the education and legal well being of people all over.  What if someone is filing a court document and they inadvertently misspell the word on said court document because they saw it spelled on CC incorrectly.  They could have their court filing dismissed by a judge and end up in real legal jeopardy.  This kind of thing is a threat to democracy itself.  If people are unable to access fair judicial procedure the Republic as we know it could collapse upon itself.  Serious sanction against the OP is warranted and I have 7 people who signed my petition so far.  Clearly this movement is seeing a group swell of interest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This reminds me of someone who would go to England and get a petition to sue the car manufacturers and government for having the steering wheel on the "wrong" side of the car and drive on the "wrong" side of the road.  Ridiculous 

56 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm starting a petition to have the OP banned for misspelling the word desist.  That kind of carelessness is a threat to the education and legal well being of people all over.  What if someone is filing a court document and they inadvertently misspell the word on said court document because they saw it spelled on CC incorrectly.  They could have their court filing dismissed by a judge and end up in real legal jeopardy.  This kind of thing is a threat to democracy itself.  If people are unable to access fair judicial procedure the Republic as we know it could collapse upon itself.  Serious sanction against the OP is warranted and I have 7 people who signed my petition so far.  Clearly this movement is seeing a group swell of interest.

You also forgot to note the spelling of "baording" another case for a dismissal of a court document  

• Like 1

I have a mailbox outside my house.  Inside that mailbox, I get credit cards, bills, checks, etc......  Each case, of importance like a credit card, it must be activated.   Maybe we need a petition for the post office?

When you check into the ship, you have your set sail pass (boarding pass) on your phone with the barcode to scan.  You also have a piece of paper printed off with the same bar cold.  You enter the ship, scan one of the bar codes.  Go to the bar, get your first drink, and go enjoy yourself like any other trip.  At 1:00, go to room, get your sealed envelop. (just like your mailbox at home)  Check that it is not tampered with, and open it, take out your cards, open the door.  Do a quick check of the room, under the bed and in the closet to look for the boogey man, and than invite you husband in when it is safe. 

After you settle in, look at your app on the phone, to verify as a double and triple check that no one used your card when it was in the sealed envelope. 

On 10/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, Drummer72 said:

Mock me. Its Ok.  Being on vacation, can give one a false sense of security.  Being dilligent is not over reacting.  In three weeks ive been trying to get this to the attention of RCCL top brass, i have collected 3. Thats right 3 signatures.  What does that tell you?

It tells me 3 people were being polite. More than 34,000 people signed a joke petition demanding that President Obama order the Pentagon to build a Death Star. If you can't get more than 3 people to sign a petition on the internet inside of 10 minutes, it's a lost cause.

4 hours ago, MagicMike said:

Seapass cards do not indicate which deck you are on . only the cabin #.  If you are in cabin 11648, the seapass card only says 648.  Anyone stealing or finding your card would have to try and access multiple cabins to find which one it worked on.

Easier on some ships than others when it comes to suites. Silver and Gold seapass are only on a couple of decks. 😉

2 hours ago, frayedend said:

This is hilarious.  I can't believe how many people are replying to the OP thinking the OP is serious.  

It's amazing those who think the OP is serious...its these threads that keep the popcorn business....in business

Pass the popcorn

Edited by myfuzzy
  • Like 1

This system worked great on our last cruise.

I saw a really hot looking lady across from our cabin, so I switched my wife's card to their cabin card & put "Mrs" on her card.... 

Isn't The Love Boat great!!!??? 😁

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

This system worked great on our last cruise.

I saw a really hot looking lady across from our cabin, so I switched my wife's card to their cabin card & put "Mrs" on her card.... 

Isn't The Love Boat great!!!??? 😁

Best comment all day.

Did they have pineapples 🍍 on the door upsidedown too? 😀

6 minutes ago, jimdalva said:

Not when you fold it right across the bar code to put it in your pocket OR if it gets wet. I've been there done that , and I've seen others as well 

Well, that sounds like a personal problem.  We have managed to keep our set sail passes usable for the short two hours we need them prior to having access to our cabin.

• Like 1