ice buckets in cabins on Allure?

jean-lynd

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, jean-lynd said:

I just read a review and they stated that they don't provide ice in your cabin any more.  Is this true?  If so, is there someplace that you can get ice 24/7?  Thanks for your help!

The cabin steward (c s) will provide an ice filled bucket on request.  Upon our intro to the cs we ask for ice bucket in the AM & PM.  Also, any special needs eg; extra pillows, bath towels, etc.  Very accommodating. 

I have never had a problem, and didn't just over a week ago either, with asking for ice bucket from cabin attendant.  He/she keeps it filled twice a day. 

The one thing I HAVE noticed is they are not putting my bottle of white wine on ice in one of those plastic buckets any longer.  They have it in a little wine bag, warm...or a note telling me it is in the little fridge.  That fridge does not of course keep the wine cold enough...sigh...more changes not for the better.  

14 hours ago, island lady said:

The one thing I HAVE noticed is they are not putting my bottle of white wine on ice in one of those plastic buckets any longer.  They have it in a little wine bag, warm...or a note telling me it is in the little fridge.  That fridge does not of course keep the wine cold enough...sigh...more changes not for the better.  

Just ask your room attendant for an extra plastic bucket of ice and they'll provide one, no problem. 

Not everyone drinks their wine the second they step foot in the room, and the staff have plenty of extra duties on turnaround day as it is, so it's reasonable that they don't put every bottle on ice and keep changing out the ice twice a day every day until you decide to drink it.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just ask your room attendant for an extra plastic bucket of ice and they'll provide one, no problem. 

Not everyone drinks their wine the second they step foot in the room, and the staff have plenty of extra duties on turnaround day as it is, so it's reasonable that they don't put every bottle on ice and keep changing out the ice twice a day every day until you decide to drink it.

They used to do that without asking. And it's not the cabin attendant (housekeeping) that supplies the wine, (in bucket or not)...it's the room service/restaurant department.  They come around with a cart that has trays of fruit, wine, etc. with notes on each for each cabin.  😉   We like our glass of chilled wine or bubbly on the balcony for sail away.  It's our tradition.  

This is just another change, like having to ask for our robes now, and the ice...etc.  Who wants to drink warm white wine?  The beer is warm also.  😞