Cursive font too thin and faint

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Problem solved. Use your laptop. I choose to use my laptop and not my phone. It's all about choices. 

I prefer to use my desktop, but it isn't always possible. Telling someone to use a laptop isn't productive.

Edited by gnome12

24 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I prefer to use my desktop, but it isn't always possible. Telling someone to use a laptop isn't productive.

Fairly sure laptop and desktop are interchangeable words for a computer vs a true mobile device.  

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Fairly sure laptop and desktop are interchangeable words for a computer vs a true mobile device.  

All three are computers. And don't forget tablets that are also computers. :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, broberts said:

All three are computers. And don't forget tablets that are also computers. :classic_biggrin:

I need to log on with my tablet, not sure how it will react.  It's a 9" Nexus

Just curious, if a Smartphone is a computer, why does it use Mobile Web.  Can a desktop/laptop/tablet emulate Mobile view

Edited by John&LaLa

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I need to log on with my tablet, not sure how it will react.  It's a 9" Nexus

Just curious, if a Smartphone is a computer, why does it use Mobile Web.  Can a desktop/laptop/tablet emulate Mobile view

Any computing device with a USB port can use the Mobile Web. One can get a stick an plan from most cell providers.

There are pc emulators for Android and iOS. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

My point wasn't differentiating desktops and laptops, it is that sometimes we are on neither. When I am away from home I don't have a laptop; all I have to use is my phone.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gnome12 said:

"I prefer to use my desktop, but it isn't always possible. Telling someone to use a laptop isn't productive.

And telling someone to change their font style they use isn't "productive" either. I haven't seen any post by you complaining to the CC help desk about the font style problem. Just agreeing with others. :classic_rolleyes: 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

And telling someone to change their font style they use isn't "productive" either. I haven't seen any post by you complaining to the CC help desk about the font style problem. Just agreeing with others. :classic_rolleyes: 

And it's back. 😖

There is an ongoing thread or two complaining about it. Really no need to be pile on.  Except here, since you intend on defending it. 😉

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

And it's back. 😖

There is an ongoing thread or two complaining about it. Really no need to be pile on.  Except here, since you intend on defending it. 😉

John, there was a reason for that. I'm sure you can figure that out. 😏 Since this is a community playground I have no problem playing nice with others but it does go both ways. ☮️

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's really hard for many of us to read, since mobile devices render Comic Sans in cursive script. But of course, if you don't care about others, go right ahead.

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

That's really hard for many of us to read, since mobile devices render Comic Sans in cursive script. But of course, if you don't care about others, go right ahead.

Now there's breaking news. :classic_rolleyes:Thank you. If you disapprove of  my posts or font styles then exercise the many options available to you. BTW, it's obvious it's CC who doesn't care. Post your dissatisfaction to them. 

Edited by davekathy

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Now there's breaking news. :classic_rolleyes:Thank you. If you disapprove of  my posts or font styles then exercise the many options available to you. BTW, it's obvious it's CC who doesn't care. Post your dissatisfaction to them. 

You know your posts render in a cursive script on devices that do not have Comic Sans MS. How does it become the fault of CC that you continue to ignore this fact?

24 minutes ago, broberts said:

You know your posts render in a cursive script on devices that do not have Comic Sans MS. How does it become the fault of CC that you continue to ignore this fact?

Not on all devices. Ignore my posts then. Your option. If I want to use the option of changing font styles CC has provided I will. This is nothing I've imported. Currently CC is not doing anything to resolve the issue. Or possible they don't feel there is issue? When this latest revision was pushed out there was no option to change font style. Just font size.  After a few days the option was back to change font style. If they can add the font style option back that quickly they for sure can lock it out just as quickly until they have a fix or just eliminate it totally. Easy. No problem. Obviously CC doesn't care about those of you that are having issues. Post your dissatisfaction to them. 

Edited by davekathy

I just skip the posts in that font since it is extremely difficult to read on my iPhone. I haven’t owned a desktop in 10 years and rarely use my laptop. The app worked great on my phone, but the new “mobile friendly” software is anything but that on my phone.

Comic Sans looks absolutely ridiculous on my tablet and I skip all posts in it.  It is not what we call a safe font in cross flatform environment.  It works for Windows and MacOS but not UNIX based OS or iOS.  And more importantly it does not have a graceful fallback font.  

BUT, it is not the users' fault, or even CC's fault.   I blame Invision for including it in its drop down menu.   Of course some people will use it if it's available.   What a dumb decision on Invision's part.  

Again, the problem with the "it's CC's fault for allowing me to use it" is that the board is already full of old posts that used it so it's not as simple as turning it off.  They're going to have to convert the old stuff.  I do agree they should turn it off for future posting purposes.    

I can understand continuing to use it if you don't know any better.  Once people have said "can you please not use it?" but you still insist on doing so, then you're simply being a contrarian.  

Edited by bEwAbG
  • Like 1