Is it just me..........

Jeffrey1950

As I posted last week, I do not care for the new format but have long ago given up getting upset with the "if it is not broken don;t try to fix it" rule as we must provide employment for the people who do think it needs fixing even if 99% of the readers/users do not like it.

8 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

As I posted last week, I do not care for the new format but have long ago given up getting upset with the "if it is not broken don;t try to fix it" rule as we must provide employment for the people who do think it needs fixing even if 99% of the readers/users do not like it.

More like 99% of users like the new website. 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, cruisegirlkat said:

OMG, I go away on vacation and come back to a really messed up Cruise Critic site.  I HATE the new lay out.  I can't find anything, especially the threads I used to follow, WTH.  Please Cruise Critic put the site back to the way it was.

Maybe when they see how many are disliking the new format they will change back to the good old days. We will see what is more important to them we the people or a fancy site- I say lets unite and band together on this...

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey1950 said:

Maybe when they see how many are disliking the new format they will change back to the good old days. We will see what is more important to them we the people or a fancy site- I say lets unite and band together on this...

There are vastly more users not complaining. Besides, going back is not an option.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeffrey1950 said:

I don't have a problem with the new website but then I didn't rely on the app only. 

I think it is quite easy to get used to the new format. Play around with the links  e.g click on the last post on the right hand side to take you to the most up to  date part of the thread. Technology moves, and all websites change, not just Cruisecritic.

What I find very poor, is when going to view Roll Calls you immediately see posts on the front screen from 2010! Surely this is off putting and will confuse some. I do hope this is rectified sooner rather than later.

As has been said, at present I think there are fewer posters! We sail in less than 3 weeks on QV, and the Roll Call is now silent, although it never was busy, and this is a cruise that has been sold out for weeks.

vBulletin not secure?  Who cares?  It's an open forum that anyone can read, you have to join to post.  This about the only forum I am on that doesn't use vBulletin.  Sorry, the format is lame and not intuitive.   And for the member that designs GUI's, maybe they should have hired you to handle the change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratflinger said:

vBulletin not secure?  Who cares?  It's an open forum that anyone can read, you have to join to post.  This about the only forum I am on that doesn't use vBulletin.  Sorry, the format is lame and not intuitive.   And for the member that designs GUI's, maybe they should have hired you to handle the change.

None of the forums I use regularly use vBulletin anymore.

Unlike you, I find the new format visually pleasing and I'd even say intuitive. But intuition is something informed by experience, so the fact that all the other forums you are on use a different platform is the reason why you find this one more difficult. 

• Like 1

I only use my iPhone to access this site.  I miss the app and find the font very small. My first thought was thatCruiseCritic was taken by a salesperson— the kind that says that the software does absolutely everything they want and even more. I can’t believe that here is no longer an App! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

What I find very poor, is when going to view Roll Calls you immediately see posts on the front screen from 2010! Surely this is off putting and will confuse some. I do hope this is rectified sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately I have been unable to fix that on my own, I am hoping that CC help will be able to deal with it once they are finished with the other issues.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, Jeffrey1950 said:

Is it just me or do others dislike the new format for this board? Like the saying goes if it is not broken don't fix it. Of course I will continue to use it but I find it very annoying compare to the old one. Just saying !!

Interesting since the new format was launched the very few posts being made, Notice only three today and only five since Friday. Either Cunard people have suddenly become singular in nature or they have chosen not to play in the new and revised sand box. Hmmm!!

16 hours ago, BellaAnna said:

Exactly!  I use to come to the board quite frequently and enjoyed it.  Now it is so sleepy here I hardly bother.

what a great loss to our Cunard family!

That does certainly appear to be true. The level of posting has declined massively.

Did people know it was going to be updated and hence unavailable ? For me, I visited the day after the change started and thought it very odd there were no new posts. I came back sometime later and again found no new posts. What is going on here I thought ? I visited a few more times over the next few days and concluded something was up. Finally I spotted something that alluded to one forum being open and found a thread about the updates. 

So I wonder if others found no new posts, and decided to venture else where and have just not returned ?

I am actually rather used to the new system now.  I keep tabs open for my few favorite boards, so not having to search for anything.

I notice many of 'my' boards are quieter than before.....but I put other reasons for some of it.  Yes, some are the transition period, but my Cunard roll call is quiet because many are actually cruising. (and it is a small roll call).

....and I noticed a drop off after the site was up again - so a flurry of catch up activity, then reduction.  Again, could be people traveling or after giving the site a try, they didn't like it.  We'll never know.

Edited by mef_57