Water allowed to be brought onboard?

smalltowner

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a way to search through threads with keywords, as I could before this website was changed.  I am boarding Zuiderdam next Sunday, and wondering if I can carry a few litres of water or Perrier on board with me.

You can also purchase on board a water package for in cabin use. - Evian. The package order reduces the per bottle price.  See if the price is right compared to brining it onboard yourself. Can't remember the package prices, but it has been good enough that we no longer lug bottled water onboard now.

Edited by OlsSalt

There is supposed to be bottled water as a perk of renting a cabana onboard. How many bottles of water can a person get each day? Wondering if I need to supplement with water I bring onboard?

9 hours ago, Bill B said:

What's wrong with the ship's water?

Taste and missing electrolytes after the ship's distillation process. The ship's water is perfectly pure and safe. That is not the issue. We don't drink other beverages like sodas or alcohol,  so a fine tasting bottled water is our own beverage of choice. We either bring it, or order it onboard.  The ship's Evian bottle water package is fine with us.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:58 PM, OlsSalt said:

You can also purchase on board a water package for in cabin use. - Evian. The package order reduces the per bottle price.  See if the price is right compared to brining it onboard yourself. Can't remember the package prices, but it has been good enough that we no longer lug bottled water onboard now.

Do you remember if you purchased this pre-cruise or onboard?

8 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Do you remember if you purchased this pre-cruise or onboard?

We have bought it in advance, but I no longer see the water packages now offered in the "Alrready Booked" choices - it used to be 6 packs or 12 packs.

This last time we ordered it at the Ocean Bar or any other bar or wine steward can handle it. It was delivered to the cabin. There will be several bottles already in the cabin for purchase - which you can use, and then replace with your own purchased stock once you get the package delivered to your stateroom if you want it right away.

A lot easier when you could order this online and have it waiting in the cabin - not sure why they dropped it.  Might be they could not assure they would have that particular brand (Evian of late) available once on board, if ordered before embarkation. They have had other mineral bottle brands in the past, and they have all been good. Evian is now only a recent brand option.  

San Pellegrino, large size,  is also standard onboard,  but they can run out of that too and then they offer small bottles of Perrier if you want sparkling mineral water. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

We have bought it in advance, but I no longer see the water packages now offered in the "Alrready Booked" choices - it used to be 6 packs or 12 packs.

This last time we ordered it at the Ocean Bar or any other bar or wine steward can handle it. It was delivered to the cabin. There will be several bottles already in the cabin for purchase - which you can use, and then replace with your own purchased stock once you get the package delivered to your stateroom if you want it right away.

A lot easier when you could order this online and have it waiting in the cabin - not sure why they dropped it.  Might be they could not assure they would have that particular brand (Evian of late) available once on board, if ordered before embarkation. They have had other mineral bottle brands in the past, and they have all been good. Evian is now only a recent brand option.  

San Pellegrino, large size,  is also standard onboard,  but they can run out of that too and then they offer small bottles of Perrier if you want sparkling mineral water. 

Thanks  I'll try calling shore services.  Does the bottled water in room get the 50 percent 4 star discount.

2 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Both packages are there for my February cruise.   Under "Purchase Beverages" then check the "Water" box. Also listed a gallon of distilled water.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jenp123 said:

Screenshot_20181102-101233_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for finding these - I sure missed them in my own search. These are liter sized bottles. Don't know if the 4-5 star discount applied or not (DH handles the final bill)  - but the discount will (should?)  be automatically calculated on the bill if it does apply.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:00 PM, vms said:

There is supposed to be bottled water as a perk of renting a cabana onboard. How many bottles of water can a person get each day? Wondering if I need to supplement with water I bring onboard?

The Cabana Stewards will give you as many bottles of water as you need or ask for each day.  There is no need to supplement as you’ll have plenty.  Enjoy your cabana!

• Thanks 1