Princess website changes

rocklinmom

9 hours ago, nbist said:

I am in AZ and it shows the new webpage. Hate it so far, very slow and balky.

Every change they have made lately has messed up the personalizer. We booked a window suite under the sip and sail promotion and although all the perks showed up initially now the beverage package is missing, and the free gratuities. I called them and they said they could see them. Not sure what we will have when we get on-board..... Today I was in the personalizer looking at excursions. The website locked up. When I logged back in now my booking is gone! Hopefully it will be back later.

Agree that the old website was easy to navigate and much better than other cruise lines. I will never understand the need to monkey with things that work!

I had the same thing happened. My free gratuities disappeared on the Personalizer. I called Princess and they told me to look on the Travel Summary. I did and it was there. It adds a step that you have to go through but look there and yours should be listed also. 

9 hours ago, nbist said:

Every change they have made lately has messed up the personalizer. We booked a window suite under the sip and sail promotion and although all the perks showed up initially now the beverage package is missing, and the free gratuities. I called them and they said they could see them. Not sure what we will have when we get on-board..... Today I was in the personalizer looking at excursions. The website locked up. When I logged back in now my booking is gone! Hopefully it will be back later.

Agree that the old website was easy to navigate and much better than other cruise lines. I will never understand the need to monkey with things that work!

I had the same thing happened. My free gratuities disappeared on the Personalizer. I called Princess and they told me to look on the Travel Summary. I did and it was there. It adds a step that you have to go through but look there and yours should be listed also. 

9 hours ago, nbist said:

Delete

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser

Now that the Princess website is so horrible I find myself spending more time on Celebrity, HAL, Viking Ocean and Cunard. Yeah they are also less than satisfactory but I no longer have a “go to” easy to use site. May as well be frustrated on other cruis lines and see what’s out there. 

Princess you really screwed this up. So sad. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, Ep010835 said:

Interesting you would mention this. I’m currently doing this right now. Booked a CC mini-suite directly with the BB TA and waitlisted for a suite (sold out at present) for an upcoming cruise. The BB TA personnel easily admit that they aren’t too swift about passing along notifications about upgrade contacts they receive from PCL.

When I spoke with a PCL customer service person, I was advised that when PCL notifies a TA by email, they also send an email cc to the customer. If this is accurate then I can be pro-active and contact the BB TA to secure and confirm the change. All the while keeping the generous BB TA OBC in my pocket.  

Of course the wild card here is PCL actually sending a notification cc email to me. 

My experience has been to receive the upsell offer from Princess as a forwarded email from my TA (not big box).  I have never received an email from Princess directly.  The forwarded email has always been sent relatively quickly (i.e. within a half hour of the TA's email receipt).

9 minutes ago, msmoger said:

My experience has been to receive the upsell offer from Princess as a forwarded email from my TA (not big box).  I have never received an email from Princess directly.  The forwarded email has always been sent relatively quickly (i.e. within a half hour of the TA's email receipt).

I'm beginning to believe that the difference is due to "upsell" vs "waitlist". I've waitlisted myself for a different cabin category rather than getting an upsell offer out of the blue. 

Yesterday I spoke with yet another PCL CS person who told me the very same thing. If a cabin in my waitlisted category becomes available, PCL will send an email to the TA with a simultaneous cc to me. Still, I'm checking their websites daily. 

18 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Now that the Princess website is so horrible I find myself spending more time on Celebrity, HAL, Viking Ocean and Cunard. Yeah they are also less than satisfactory but I no longer have a “go to” easy to use site. May as well be frustrated on other cruis lines and see what’s out there. 

Princess you really screwed this up. So sad. 

9 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes I actually find the NCL website easier to use now.  Might go back to them after our Princess cruise.  I'm too old to be frustrated trying to research and book cruises. 

If you're having trouble, the big box warehouse site (rhymes with bosco) lets you use it, even if you're not a member. They handle most but not all cruise lines, even river cruises. I find it a convenient way to search for a cruise if I only have a vague idea of what I want--like when or where I want to go, or the number of days. It is fast and easy to use, just select all the search criteria you want, then see what meets your needs.  I've never had any technical issues with them. And, I get to see the cost. Once you narrow it down, you can go to the cruise line site and search for a specific cruise (or cruises). If they don't list the specific cabin you want, and you're a member (or a member lets you use their number, which is allowed), you can call and if it's available, they can book it for you.

13 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

If you're having trouble, the big box warehouse site (rhymes with bosco) lets you use it, even if you're not a member. They handle most but not all cruise lines, even river cruises. I find it a convenient way to search for a cruise if I only have a vague idea of what I want--like when or where I want to go, or the number of days. It is fast and easy to use, just select all the search criteria you want, then see what meets your needs.  I've never had any technical issues with them. And, I get to see the cost. Once you narrow it down, you can go to the cruise line site and search for a specific cruise (or cruises). If they don't list the specific cabin you want, and you're a member (or a member lets you use their number, which is allowed), you can call and if it's available, they can book it for you.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I used Safari and Chrome. I had the same results on both. I found the website easy to use. All of the filters were at the top of the itinerary choices. Unfortunately for the time frame that I'm interested in it was the same stale Caribbean itineraries on the same stale always malfunctioning Caribbean Princess. 

I have to say that I have more issues with the Cruise Critic website update than any cruise line website. It loads very slow. I have high speed internet service and this site just doesn't respond as such. The mobil friendly website is anything but friendly.

I just spent minutes today on the web site checking my reservations, checking for any price changes, and booking a new cruise for 2020 and everything worked fine and was laid out just like it was over three weeks ago when I last used it (was on a three week Princess landcruise).  The only snafu I have is when I log in it says there was an error, but if I click on my "My Account" and then "Home", my personalizer comes up just fine.  So I am a little confused about what others are talking about!

Pooh

Wow so you are still able to see your recently viewed cruises list and save cruises to your favorites?

And when you do a cruise search, is it the same or are the buttons the large photos of destinations?

Edited by rocklinmom
typo