Roll Calls not appearing on lists

wales4ever

There was a roll call for our February 17 Nieuw Amsterdam started on August 1. It does not appear on the listings. No wonder it only has one member!  I only found it today because when I searched again (and did not find it again) I saw the  " If you don't find your Roll Call here, click here"  heading and scrolled through the list of the Nieuw Amsterdam messages.

That 'find your XXX Roll call' tool has always been iffy.  The new software specifies a particular format for the title of the roll call, and if it isn't exactly right, it can't find it.  I have never used it, always went to main boards page, clicked on ROLL CALLS, clicked on cruise line, then ship, and looked for a thread with the dates.  If there was one, it would be there.  EM

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This has been discussed here frequently recently. It is some flaw of the new software. You can still see your Roll Call by going off the main board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

And going to Holland America Roll Calls.

Still not showing for feb 17 Nieuw Amsterdam Nor if I click on " find your roll call" on the link above. Oh well never mind.....

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The new software specifies a particular format for the title of the roll call, and if it isn't exactly right, it can't find it. 

It's not the new software, it's always had that suggested format.  The "Find Your Roll Call" link has always been bad.

And the issue with that particular Roll Call IS the date format.  It should be "February 17, 2019" NOT "February 17/2019".  The Roll Call finder tool cannot see it, so it won't show up automatically in the "Find Your Roll Call" link.

Edited by Shmoo here

My roll call was not showing in the "find your roll call" and the format was correct.

I emailed cruise critic and in a couple of days they had the roll call in the listing (thanks Scrapnana for the help 😄 ).

No question it had some bugs in it before the format change and probably has more now 😉