CHEERS question with multiple staterooms

blowe

We are booking the Fascination for Spring Break next year. It will be my wife and 2 daughters. She is a drinker and wants to sign up for CHEERS, but I do not. We are booking 2 rooms. The rules state that every adult in the STATEROOM has to purchase CHEERS. So theoretically, we could sign up as 1 adult and 1 kid in each stateroom and we would only need to purchase CHEERS for her and not me as I am in the other stateroom. Your thoughts?

• Like 1

Nothing theoretical. My DH and I are sailing this Sunday. We are booked in 2 cabins with a grandchild in each room. He is buying, I am not. Now the Cheers monitors will be out soon to talk about the evils of sharing so don't tell them your plans and I won't either. but let's get one thing out of the way. Are you supposed to share? No. :classic_tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, blowe said:

I did some additional reading and this seems to be a hot/taboo topic. 

It's only taboo to folks who think the only reason to do as you want is to skirt the rules and "cheat".

Yeah, there are going to be those that do "cheat".  But there are folks like you who legitimately don't need or want two Cheers! packages, and the non-Cheers person will not drink at all or will buy a la carte, playing completely by the rules.

• Like 2

Yep we are going to do this with my daughter son in law husband and me. My daughter and husband in one room. Drink package. Me and son in law in other no drink package. My sonin law has an LVAD a battery operated heart so no drinking. My bar bill last cruise was 45 for whole cruise so not really a drinker. It will work best for us

• Like 1

We are not cheating we will still pay for my drinks.  It is sad that even with medical proof that the other person will not be drinking you still have to pay for both.  The whole 3 I drank last time we cruised

4 minutes ago, Gin505 said:

We are not cheating we will still pay for my drinks.  It is sad that even with medical proof that the other person will not be drinking you still have to pay for both.  The whole 3 I drank last time we cruised

Don't sweat it.  Someone...has a "pre-conceived notion/attitude", and there is little we can do to change it...

It is annoying about the "medical proof" argument, but unfortunately those are faked more often than one might expect.  "Horshack's mother", etc...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 9:28 PM, Gin505 said:

By any chance did you ask to speak with a manager/supervisor?  I too, have a doctor's note so it's crazy that I'm required to purchase a drink package just so my husband can drink (without having a high bar tab!).

We have considered moving my husband to my inlaws cabin (him and his brother in one cabin, and me and sister-in-law in the other cabin), but in order to do that I'd have to pay a $125 cancellation fee.  Then there is the issue of the room keys.

12 hours ago, mimi_j said:

By any chance did you ask to speak with a manager/supervisor?  I too, have a doctor's note so it's crazy that I'm required to purchase a drink package just so my husband can drink (without having a high bar tab!).

We have considered moving my husband to my inlaws cabin (him and his brother in one cabin, and me and sister-in-law in the other cabin), but in order to do that I'd have to pay a $125 cancellation fee.  Then there is the issue of the room keys.

Have you called Carnival?  Normally, they will move people around with no charge as long as their bookings are linked.  As far as room keys are concerned, see all of the posts above (just go to GS and get the keys switched around).

18 hours ago, mimi_j said:

It’s reasonable that doctors notes don’t hold much weight for this. While it sounds like your intentions are fine; many simply want to purchase 1 package and have 2 people drink off it. And it’s not hard to get a doctor to write a note, that isn’t regulated the way prescriptions are; and face it, drinking alcohol (outside of maybe 1 glass of red wine a day or whatever they say now) is an unhealthy thing to do so any doctor can honestly say that they advised their patient not to drink.

where I work, men are required to be clean shaven unless they have a doctors note. And everyone has a doctors note allowing them to not be clean shaven.

Edited by sanger727

We are doing the same thing. My husband and son are booked in one cabin and getting Cheers, and I am booked in another cabin with our other sons who are underage. I have severe migraines and cannot/do not drink. We don’t normally get Cheers, but it’s my son’s 21 bday cruise... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, mimi_j said:

Does your husband drink enough to justify the cost of two packages? Would you drink enough specialty non-alcoholic drinks in combination with your husband's drink to justify the cost?  If not, apply the amount you expect your husband would spend to your account (cash, gift card, or Cruise Cash) and you won't have a high bar tab either.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:24 AM, pacruise804 said:

Does your husband drink enough to justify the cost of two packages? Would you drink enough specialty non-alcoholic drinks in combination with your husband's drink to justify the cost?  If not, apply the amount you expect your husband would spend to your account (cash, gift card, or Cruise Cash) and you won't have a high bar tab either.

Funny you mention that...with the alcohol drink cap it might actually make sense for us both to buy a premium drink package; we've been discussing it.  But to answer your question no I do not drink enough specialty non-alcoholic drinks to justify any drink package.  I do not drink soda or coffee (I also do not drink juice or sweet tea).  I pretty much only drink unsweetened tea and water, so I would take advantage of the bottled waters.