Recent Majestic Princess - dress up themes

kate59

14 hours ago, kate59 said:

Just another question for Sailaway John, can we still get holes punched in the cruise card on Majestic or do they provide the clear plastic folder to go on the lanyard.

Guest services were happy to do it for me last month  (even though the check-in person had said it wasn't done any longer).

Enjoy your cruise!

On 11/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, kate59 said:

Just another question for Sailaway John, can we still get holes punched in the cruise card on Majestic or do they provide the clear plastic folder to go on the lanyard.

The guy at passenger services said they don't punch them anymore as they wont work.

Though we did see other passengers with punched cards that must have been working.

Anyway the passenger services guy gave us a clear plastic sleeves to put our cards in.

This worked quiet well when I realised that I did not have to take it out of the plastic to open the door.

You just have to touch the card to the flat door unlock. The door always opened first try no need to have to reswipe your card like the old system.

Just remember on the Majestic to take an extra card (any old credit card sized card will do) to use in the power slot.

We left an old coffee card there and would pull it up slightly when we left the room to turn off all the lights. Worked really well.

Enjoy your cruise. The Majestic is a wonderful ship especially Harmony, Alferdo's and Le'Mer.

Karryl

Next Princess cruise I am taking my portable lightweight hole puncher.  Will set up stand @ Crooners  and charge the punters $5 to punch the hole in their cruise cards.  Might be generous and give Elites 10% discount.  Yall reckon I will do any business?🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

On 11/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, kate59 said:

No they are a different type of cruise card now and I do not think you would want to punch them. May damage the code. They are just a tap and enter card.

There were huge queues of people wanting their cruise cards punched on Majestic on Sunday and they were punching them. I had to go to Guest Services about missing dining reservations and I was horrified at the length of the queue but it moved very quickly since most people were there to get their cards punched.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There were huge queues of people wanting their cruise cards punched on Majestic on Sunday and they were punching them. I had to go to Guest Services about missing dining reservations and I was horrified at the length of the queue but it moved very quickly since most people were there to get their cards punched.

LOL, I can imagine Uncle les having his own line, offering the punches for $5 but the holes for free. 😛

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Majestic so thought I should update this thread.

Not actual theme nights but some got dressed in cowboy gear for the country dance in the Piazza on deck 5. Otherwise it was only the 2 formal nights.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kate59 said:

Just off the Majestic so thought I should update this thread.

Not actual theme nights but some got dressed in cowboy gear for the country dance in the Piazza on deck 5. Otherwise it was only the 2 formal nights.

Holy Moly is that what this thread is about,

Enjoyed it fellas.

Cheers Carole