Bottled water

wolfegizmo

I thought I'd snapped a picture of the water prices so that I wouldn't forget, but now can't find the pic! If memory serves, last month plain bottled water was $2 or $3 and Pellagrino was $5 small $8 large.

I don't drink alcohol  but consume massive amounts of tea so have tended to buy the premium non-alcoholic packages, and then try to remember to have a couple of smoothies to feel more like I'm getting my money's worth!

Now for suggestions you totally did NOT ask for: I drink lots of water in general and haven't had a problem with tap on board, but ZeroWater, which I use at home, has 26oz tumbler for travel.  I've been thinking that i'll take one on my next trip and forego the package.

Have a great trip!

• 4 weeks later...

Do they let you bring any water on board for your own use? Some cruise lines allow cases of water to be brought on and put in your cabin. Or purchased at ports along the way and brought on board. Can we do this on Reflection? We drink nothing but plain bottled water, lots of it. We don't want packages with fancy sparkling water and sodas, etc.!

On 11/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, PTC DAWG said:

How does water expire? 

Best set by dates do not mean expired. 

The plastic bottles that the water is packaged in has the ability to begin breaking down/releasing chemicals into the water....hence the best before date. 

3 hours ago, flynn37 said:

Do they let you bring any water on board for your own use? Some cruise lines allow cases of water to be brought on and put in your cabin. Or purchased at ports along the way and brought on board. Can we do this on Reflection? We drink nothing but plain bottled water, lots of it. We don't want packages with fancy sparkling water and sodas, etc.!

Yes, you may bring water on board, just put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters at the dock  

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 7:09 AM, dkjretired said:

Yes, you may bring water on board, just put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters at the dock  

Thank you so much! That will be a huge money saver! Leave more for fun stuff! :)

8 hours ago, flynn37 said:

Thank you so much! That will be a huge money saver! Leave more for fun stuff! 🙂

There was a report on this board that last week the porters refused to accept water on the Edge in Ft. Lauderdale.  If so this is totally new as many of us have done this in the past.  

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

There was a report on this board that last week the porters refused to accept water on the Edge in Ft. Lauderdale.  If so this is totally new as many of us have done this in the past.  

Bring along a cheap duffle bag and put your water in at the hotel. Slap a luggage tag on the duffle bag along with your luggage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Bring along a cheap duffle bag and put your water in at the hotel. Slap a luggage tag on the duffle bag along with your luggage. 

I just called and was told that you may bring bottled water, but not in your luggage, no luggage tags, no wheelie suitcases or backpacks - only what you can carry in your arms through security and onto the ship! :( That really sucks. Not too many people will be able to haul a case of water around, standing in lines, etc. Certainly not enough for a whole family!

20 minutes ago, flynn37 said:

I just called and was told that you may bring bottled water, but not in your luggage, no luggage tags, no wheelie suitcases or backpacks - only what you can carry in your arms through security and onto the ship! 😞 That really sucks. Not too many people will be able to haul a case of water around, standing in lines, etc. Certainly not enough for a whole family!

Thanks for the update. Even RC has tighten up on the amount of bottled water and soda allowed to be brought onboard.  We have no experience with either as we do the CBPs. 

Edited by davekathy

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for the update. Even RC has tighten up on the amount of bottled water and soda allowed to be brought onboard.  We have no experience with either as we do the CBPs. 

Funny, we've been on several RC cruises and were Never allowed to bring water or soda on board! I think it all depends who's on duty when you arrive! I think we are going to have to do at least a couple of drinks packages, like it or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the phone with Celebrity right now, and the agent tells me we can only bring non-major-brand water on board. Like supermarket brand. No Zephyrhills or Dasani or anything like that, because they sell that on board. Never heard anything like this before! And she reiterated that you can bring what you can carry in your arms only. NOT in a carry on bag or shopping bag or checked luggage. What you can carry in your arms without dropping it all over, lol. 

This seems new ...hope they won't boot my  Fiji water,,.maybe I should get something like Publix instead?

How much are the large Evian bottles on board if not on the premium package?

Can someone re post the salt content of the X water on the  classic package..?

I know it isn't spring water and is in aluminum  ( ick) but we may have no choice..

Thanks...Modern Luxury only gets better!

13 hours ago, flynn37 said:

I am on the phone with Celebrity right now, and the agent tells me we can only bring non-major-brand water on board. Like supermarket brand. No Zephyrhills or Dasani or anything like that, because they sell that on board. Never heard anything like this before! And she reiterated that you can bring what you can carry in your arms only. NOT in a carry on bag or shopping bag or checked luggage. What you can carry in your arms without dropping it all over, lol. 

Never heard of such a thing and the customer service agents are not known for being accurate.  And they do not sell those types of water onboard.  As regards still water (as opposed to sparkling) they sell Evian and some off brand I don't recall.  No Dasani or Zephyrhills or anything other than those two.  Is it different for the Edge?  Can't swear to it until I sail it, but talking Celebrity in general.

And to those concerned about carrying on water, FYI you can also buy water in port and carry it on.  May be more expensive than what you could bring from home but likely cheaper than what Celebrity charges.  The same is true for soft drinks.

Edited by phoenix_dream

On 11/16/2018 at 11:57 PM, wolfegizmo said:

Going on the Edge soon.   I do not want to purchase the water package because all I want is plain bottled water.  

Does anyone know the price of bottled water on the cruise? 

‘Thanks!

The non-premium water (16.9 oz) cost $3.50 a bottle/carton.  Then you need to add on the gratuity to that amount which brings the  actual cost to about $4.  

14 hours ago, flynn37 said:

No Zephyrhills or Dasani or anything like that, because they sell that on board...

I apologize profoundly but they for sure DO NOT sell Zephyrhills on X ships! So I should be OK if I carry two 24x660 ml Z. cases on both shoulders??? (I can do that, at least through the security check!)

Ridiculous!

6 hours ago, keesar said:

The non-premium water (16.9 oz) cost $3.50 a bottle/carton.  Then you need to add on the gratuity to that amount which brings the  actual cost to about $4.  

We'll do our best.. that's  about the cost at airports....minus the gratuity...

Ships water makes me bloat and the new X stuff apparently has salts..

Plain bottled Spring Water will be fine..