Email Notifications

This is my settings page - I get emails for anything I am subscribed to

maybe change your settings to these (just ti try)  remember to click save at the bottom.

this link should take you to the page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/

Also maybe check your email address is ok - a few seem to have been corrupted during the change overimage.thumb.png.ed23fc5f7c210b869521719e50be5d8c.png

Edited by Aulanis

2 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

This is my settings page - I get emails for anything I am subscribed to

maybe change your settings to these (just ti try)  remeber to click save at the bottom.

this link should take you to the page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/

Also maybe check your email address is ok - a few seem to have been corrupted during the change overimage.thumb.png.ed23fc5f7c210b869521719e50be5d8c.png

image.thumb.png.ed23fc5f7c210b869521719e50be5d8c.png

Those are my settings as well......

Bob

If your eamail address is showing correctly then  check here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/followed/      that the next to the end column  says immediate.

After that I can only suggest you email help@cruisecritic.com    They will send a test email

In the past some have said that fixed it others say not, got to be worth a try.

Jenn said recently thry were getting better at  getting to their incoming mail :)

image.thumb.png.3b738a866bd37dcd6ac185fe4516e04b.png

23 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I think mine are off again.  My last notification was early this afternoon.  I guess I'll look at my list until Monday when hopefully they'll fix it ..... again.

It turned out that my email provider that I use for the address her was down last night, so I think that was the problem.  Overnight, all my missing notifications arrived.

My apologies.  

My email notifications have now stopped coming too.  Haven't changed anything and my settings are still the same.

I do get the notifications on the

screen on my laptop.

Edited by sft429

Thanks, Yeah, I looked at everything from the sticky and I get oodles of emails and my junk filter isn't catching them so I'm at a loss...

I will go through the sticky again tho - I sometimes rush through things

31 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Its on one of the  blue links in there -   it opens YOUR notification preferences

where you can move slide switch to get notifications as well as emails.

I'm getting desktop/browser notifications just not email notifications.

I've erased my browser history and cookies, tried different browsers, changed notification options back and forth and I can't get any email notifications whatsoever, instant or daily.

This all worked for years and now "poof" it quit...

I had numerous email notifications on 11/20/2018 and not one since.

Edited by sft429

On 11/25/2018 at 7:25 AM, Aulanis said:

You need to email help@cruisecritic.com  mention your user name and email address and  give them the link to this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2606794-email-notifications/?tab=comments#comment-56235714

@Woobstr112G    Is yours working yet  - I saw Jenn was looking at it.

Nope, still not working and no help, follow up, or interaction by anyone at CC.  The most frustrating thing is the lack of communication from anyone at CC.  I have sent several emails regarding this issue, since it first occurred, that are rarely answered. 

Bob

On 11/25/2018 at 6:48 AM, sft429 said:

I've erased my browser history and cookies, tried different browsers, changed notification options back and forth and I can't get any email notifications whatsoever, instant or daily.

This all worked for years and now "poof" it quit...

I had numerous email notifications on 11/20/2018 and not one since.

Ditto.....

Bob

I hope it's just the time of the year for slow customer service...  I called American Airlines last night about a flight in Feb that was purchased as MSP -->CLT-->BGI and has changed to MSP-->MIA-->BGI.  Said I'd be put in a queue and would be called back in less than 30 minutes.  Never happened.   I was charged twice for my virus protection renewal last Fri and an email, phone call, and trouble report have all been fruitless so far.

The same has happened to me - quite recently randomly the notifications don’t show me a pertinent post is there - either by notice or by email. Yes, I check the sticky, double checked my settings and I have lots of computer experience. It makes CC almost useless if I can’t know about posts (including 3 current roll calls, one of which I started). I posted in this area about this recently and wasn’t notified that individual responded. Nothing has changed - not virus software, nothing. I use an iPad usually and notices only stopped working days ago. I have in the past directly emailed cc directly on other issues and ever had s response from any, so I have not emailed on this issue.  It seems utterly unfair to not have follow up or concern - we support Cc via links and even roll calls etc which brings more people in. A post is removed fast enough, but a major issue and it sincerely feels as if there isn’t lifeboat available. Disappointing, sincerely.

>> the last email notice that I had was on 11/6. Not one since (although I do have almost daily sales emails from CC). I just had one notice from one thread (online notice - bell), but not a single one from the post today for the response to my initial post on this issue or posts to me directly on a roll call... and who knows what else, it would be a guess what else is out there I have no idea about...🙄

Edited by 2Beeze

On 11/28/2018 at 5:37 PM, 2Beeze said:

The same has happened to me - quite recently randomly the notifications don’t show me a pertinent post is there - either by notice or by email. Yes, I check the sticky, double checked my settings and I have lots of computer experience. It makes CC almost useless if I can’t know about posts (including 3 current roll calls, one of which I started). I posted in this area about this recently and wasn’t notified that individual responded. Nothing has changed - not virus software, nothing. I use an iPad usually and notices only stopped working days ago. I have in the past directly emailed cc directly on other issues and ever had s response from any, so I have not emailed on this issue.  It seems utterly unfair to not have follow up or concern - we support Cc via links and even roll calls etc which brings more people in. A post is removed fast enough, but a major issue and it sincerely feels as if there isn’t lifeboat available. Disappointing, sincerely.

>> the last email notice that I had was on 11/6. Not one since (although I do have almost daily sales emails from CC). I just had one notice from one thread (online notice - bell), but not a single one from the post today for the response to my initial post on this issue or posts to me directly on a roll call... and who knows what else, it would be a guess what else is out there I have no idea about...🙄

No communication from CC whatsoever.  Ain’t that special.....

Bob