Email Notifications

Ok, is mars is retrograde? My notifications online are pinging like crazy now (aka working), still no emails. That sudden pinging reminds me of when you take your car into the dealership and tell them that it is making a funny sound but it never does it while it’s at the dealership!  Well, except the roll calls, still no notifications (surely that is a bug vs a change?). 

Edited by 2Beeze

22 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Ok, is mars is retrograde? My notifications online are pinging like crazy now (aka working), still no emails. That sudden pinging reminds me of when you take your car into the dealership and tell them that it is making a funny sound but it never does it while it’s at the dealership!  Well, except the roll calls, still no notifications (surely that is a bug vs a change?). 

Browser and email notifications are controlled separately.

On the Notification Settings form the second, lower section has two setting columns. The rightmost is for email.

image.png.40b7d4335b5804f47c24a10e3f1c5534.png

You may want to review these settings. Should changes be made on the lower portion the Save button at the bottom of the form must be used.

@broberts  I sincerely appreciate your suggestion and that should work, but I had initially checked all my settings and have since double-checked, that does not appear to be the problem.

In my post above I was referring to earlier posts where neither were working correctly, a problem that began fairly suddenly and a portion resolved (again, without any changes). You see, I am not being notified as I was, it is somewhat random (bell notifications don’t include my rolls calls, for example). It is unclear why, I can only assume it is a bug and hoped by posting it here it would alert those who can to let the “upgrades” know of the problem. Fingers crossed 😊

Edited by 2Beeze

@2Beeze if you haven't already, you may want to email community@cruisecritic.com so they can pass on the message. I don't think this forum is that closely monitored by CC IT.

Presumably you have verified the account email address and checked your spam folder and filters.

1 minute ago, broberts said:

@2Beeze if you haven't already, you may want to email community@cruisecritic.com so they can pass on the message. I don't think this forum is that closely monitored by CC IT.

Presumably you have verified the account email address and checked your spam folder and filters.

Yes, I did do/ have done all of that (I’m a closet nerd from way back, like Commodore 64, Atari, and Apple IIE 😂). But thank you for asking because you never know (as I joke with my husband, the question “is it plugged in” is asked because sometimes it isn’t!  🙄

! I didn’t email because I have in the past and never had a reply; also, I had understood (as apparently had others) that the purpose of this forum was to report bugs/issues to the powers that be.  I am truly astounded if they meant it to be peer assistance, but that could be the case (and we may never know). Thanks again and happy sailing! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 1:43 AM, Woobstr112G said:

No, I am not receiving notifications......

Bob

Do you have another email address?  It seems like your provider has blocking emails when you get too many notifications in a short time frame - and once an email provider blocks one email we stop sending any more email.  In your specific case, if you have another email address it may be best to switch your notifications to that email.  It will be futile for us to start up resending to this address if the provider is going to block an email from us every few days.

If you do have another email address - please email me help@cruisecritic.com and we can update your email of record - if not just email us and tell us to start up resending to your current email and we can cross our fingers that it won't happen again

On 12/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, 2Beeze said:

Yes, I did do/ have done all of that (I’m a closet nerd from way back, like Commodore 64, Atari, and Apple IIE 😂). But thank you for asking because you never know (as I joke with my husband, the question “is it plugged in” is asked because sometimes it isn’t!  🙄

! I didn’t email because I have in the past and never had a reply; also, I had understood (as apparently had others) that the purpose of this forum was to report bugs/issues to the powers that be.  I am truly astounded if they meant it to be peer assistance, but that could be the case (and we may never know). Thanks again and happy sailing! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

This forum has always been used for peer assistance to help use features of the forums.  During migration we did address bugs in here for a bit.

Bugs/Membership Issues please email to us

help@cruisecritic.com

2 minutes ago, sft429 said:

I emailed that address on Nov 25 and have not had a reply.

Let me look for it 🙂  I am going to send you a test email as well --- if you receive it, please reply to it or reply here so I know that you received it

1 minute ago, sft429 said:

So far nothing in my Inbox and nothing in my spam folder.

Thanks - I am going to assume you won't get it since it has been more than a few minutes since I had the system send the test

Next step is to see if we stopped sending you emails for some reason (if your email provider bounced one back perhaps)

@Woobstr112G and @sft429 You both should start receiving notifications again.  Your email providers had bounced an email we sent to you so that is why you stopped receiving emails.  Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time but it could be your provider is aggressive to prevent spam, and thinking that multiple emails in a row would be spam they bounce one.  If this continues to happen however I am not sure there is much I can do. 

Please check that you have the address  <cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com> white listed and/or on your safe senders list

Thank you

Seems email notifications are once again working.  Don’t know how long this will last.  One thing I did notice was when you click on the “Go to this post button,” you are directed to a “Not Logged On Page.”  Seems confusing.  I was going to ask a question of the CC powers to be but decided not to since I wasn’t positive I’d get a response. This is the one thing that CC needs to desperately improve on.  Better responsiveness to member questions/concerns.

Bob

3 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Seems email notifications are once again working.  Don’t know how long this will last.  One thing I did notice was when you click on the “Go to this post button,” you are directed to a “Not Logged On Page.”  Seems confusing.  I was going to ask a question of the CC powers to be but decided not to since I wasn’t positive I’d get a response. This is the one thing that CC needs to desperately improve on.  Better responsiveness to member questions/concerns.

Bob

Hi Bob 🙂

If you do have questions for our admin team, please send them to help@cruisecritic.com OR tag one of us in your post (just type the @ symbol immediately followed by our user  name - you could tag me by typing in as so:   @CC Help Jenn.  It would be impossible for us to look for and find questions that members had for us if they were posted across all of the forums.  The best way to get our attention when there is a bug or an issue you need our help with is to send an email or tag us.

Are you still being directed to a not logged in page? 

Thank you 🙂 

If you are in the usa and logged into boards.cruisecritic.com  then

maybe you have not used cruisecritic for perhaps 30 minutes

(could be 20) in which case the "system" logs you off. If you then

click on the email it takes you to the  post BUT as you are  AUTO 

logged off you will have to log in again to reply

EDIT

If the post you are replying to was made by someone in the UK or in AU  when logged into the ,co,uk  ,au site then that is another reason you might be considered not logged in ( I thought this had been fixed though)

Edited by Aulanis

8 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

If you are in the usa and logged into boards.cruisecritic.com  then

maybe you have not used cruisecritic for perhaps 30 minutes

(could be 20) in which case the "system" logs you off. If you then

click on the email it takes you to the  post BUT as you are  AUTO 

logged off you will have to log in again to reply

EDIT

If the post you are replying to was made by someone in the UK or in AU  when logged into the ,co,uk  ,au site then that is another reason you might be considered not logged in ( I thought this had been fixed though)

I actually do not know if the AU/UK issue was fixed.  I will have to ask.  

13 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Hi Bob 🙂

If you do have questions for our admin team, please send them to help@cruisecritic.com OR tag one of us in your post (just type the @ symbol immediately followed by our user  name - you could tag me by typing in as so:   @CC Help Jenn.  It would be impossible for us to look for and find questions that members had for us if they were posted across all of the forums.  The best way to get our attention when there is a bug or an issue you need our help with is to send an email or tag us.

Are you still being directed to a not logged in page? 

Thank you 🙂 

Yes as to being directed to the not logged on page.

59 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

I've noticed that if I click the "go to this post: it does say not logged in.  If not a roll call, I see the thread, but not a reply box, and a rolll call says I don't have permission or something.  However, in about 5-10 seconds, the load finishes and I'm logged in.  

Once in a while, I do have to log in.

In the scheme of things, a very, very minor annoyance.

25 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I've noticed that if I click the "go to this post: it does say not logged in.  If not a roll call, I see the thread, but not a reply box, and a rolll call says I don't have permission or something.  However, in about 5-10 seconds, the load finishes and I'm logged in.  

Once in a while, I do have to log in.

In the scheme of things, a very, very minor annoyance.

Is this still happening today?  This was part of the log in/out features we were working on fixing yesterday

3 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Yup, and now I actually have to log in to post.

I apologize I misspoke, that was not worked on yesterday with the other similar issue.  I had just assumed it was.  It is to be worked on still.  I do not have an ETA at this time

2 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I apologize I misspoke, that was not worked on yesterday with the other similar issue.  I had just assumed it was.  It is to be worked on still.  I do not have an ETA at this time

Not a problem for me, as it seems to be back to only occasionally needing me to log in.  One thing I did notice is that while the Go to Post button takes me to the post, once the login happens I move up the page.  That may have been happening before the switch over though.

Update - while my email notifications are not back in order, not long after posting here my online notifications were suddenly working as they should once again. So I very much appreciate it if someone took notice and helped with the problem 👍🏼