Resetting Password...

Hello, 

It's been at least 9 years since I've been on these boards. However, we are looking at finally doing another cruise. 

I would love to use the same profile I've always had as I had quite a bit of activity on there, unfortunately, I can not remember the password and I do not have access to the email account that it was formed under. Is there any other way to reset my password?

Thank you for your help

As you cannot log in under your old profile you will have to email

help@cruisecritic.com   and explain the problem.

You will need to give them the old email address and  the new one you want to use.

and  your old profile name.  One snag I foresee might be that you  cannot have two profiles with the same email address  but maybe they can close this new one and restart the old one.

Good luck  - It may take a while as they have been snowed under with the changes to the web pages.

Edited by Aulanis

7 minutes ago, dcuttler said:

My question is, I hope, easier.  I have full access to my account but I just want to change my password.  I can't find anything in Account Settings that will allow me to do that.  Am I missing something?

you MUST email admin to make changes to your email address or password

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

No you dont need to do that- you can change your password here

https://www.cruisecritic.com/?modal=password

That changes it for the boards. I'm not sure that it changes the CC password.

Another way to change the password is to log out, click Log In, then click the Forgot Password link.

7 hours ago, broberts said:

That changes it for the boards. I'm not sure that it changes the CC password.

I think it should be the same password for both the boards and the main CC site? That seemed to have been part of the rationale for making sure that logging into either side would automatically log in to the other.

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

I think it should be the same password for both the boards and the main CC site? That seemed to have been part of the rationale for making sure that logging into either side would automatically log in to the other.

Yes. It's the same password database. 

3 minutes ago, Zaydas said:

I have been trying to get a new password . I put in my email as directed n I’m told email is sent with new password but it never arrives. I have tried about ten times.  What’s going on

Did you check the spam or trash folder??

Have you changed your email address since you joined CC?

10 hours ago, Zaydas said:

I have been trying to get a new password . I put in my email as directed n I’m told email is sent with new password but it never arrives. I have tried about ten times.  What’s going on

Send an email to help@cruisecritic.com outlining the problem. Include your username.

Aaaaah!    I read " I put in my email as directed "  that he had sent an email to help- duh! Not that he had entered his email address in the box that comes up with the link.

I was going to say now maybe a good time to say check what email address you have in your profile.  BUT  I cant find it any more - Not in profile or settings

in fact  none of the links seem to work.

42 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

I was going to say now maybe a good time to say check what email address you have in your profile.  BUT  I cant find it any more - Not in profile or settings

in fact  none of the links seem to work.

Mine  shows in Account setting

using computer  with FF

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

If you click on your username in upper right, and then "Account Settings", your email is there.

That said, we can't (at this time) change our emails.  If you want to do that, you have to send an email to help@cruisecritic.com and ask them to change it.  Be sure to include username, old email and new email.

7 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

If you click on your username in upper right, and then "Account Settings", your email is there.

That said, we can't (at this time) change our emails.  If you want to do that, you have to send an email to help@cruisecritic.com and ask them to change it.  Be sure to include username, old email and new email.

Curiously, when I reset my password the email went to an old address, the one I used to create the account. Not a new address that was showing in my account profile. Fortunately I still had access to that account.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Mine  shows in Account setting

using computer  with FF

Thanks- also using FF  and have the ublock for FF running and it has decided that a large section of the page needs blocking!!

Makes me wonder what it is finding on the page!  I have told it not to block that page and all is good. It keeps a log- one day when I have nothing to do I might let it block the page just to see what "dubious" sites it is blocking.

Edited by Aulanis