"Who has posted?"

Merion_Mom

9 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

John do you really like it this much or are you just being your usual irritating self of countering whatever anyone says. 🤣 😈 👹 (taking advantage of those stupid emoji)

I really do like it.  It fits my needs.

I hated not being able to post pics direct from laptop.

I hated people messing up quotes.

I hated not being able to quote more than two at a time. 

I hated the effort it took to remove pics when quoting

I hated not being able to participate in a poll on my phone

I hated not being able to see signatures on my phone

I hated the limit of 6 pics in a single post, however 59 is to many. 😉

I love the new emojis

I hate that people whine so much,  but I am thoroughly entertained by it

I love the Member Galleries 

Absolutely love the Like/Laugh/Thanks button.  More folks should use it.  

I miss a few things, but you can learn how to do them.

I did not use Tapatalk for anything else

I do feel we have lost many members, that makes me sad

At the end of the day it's a free service, you learn and accept, or you quit.

There is also a feature I like that not many have discovered yet.  I've hinted about it.  I wont discuss it publicly. 

BTW, I dont counter everything.  I like plenty of stuff here. I'm just not a lemming.

If everyone lurked, there would be nothing to read.

20181029_192602.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2018 at 8:29 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Loading pages lags more with the new site. 

On 11/23/2018 at 8:30 AM, Biker19 said:

+1.

I really haven't noticed this more than a couple of times. 

Battery drain does seem to be an issue, but if you keep an eye on open sessions, it's not quite as bad

• Like 1

Cons: Miss the "back to top" button that used to be at the bottom of the page of the old site...and I don't think it is possible to find out if someone is currently on the boards? (used to be a green light next to their avatar on old site when they were on).

Pros: Was surprised at how well a cut and paste address came up on a U-tube video. Set up right on post. And I like tapping on "new notifications" that take you right to the next post after the last one I did.  

Now don't get me started on RCI's "new and improved" website.  😝 🤬

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I really haven't noticed this more than a couple of times. 

Battery drain does seem to be an issue, but if you keep an eye on open sessions, it's not quite as bad

I have not noticed any slow downs either.  But of course, I have "Ad blocker" which speeds it up dramatically anyway.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Cons: Miss the "back to top" button that used to be at the bottom of the page of the old site...and I don't think it is possible to find out if someone is currently on the boards? (used to be a green light next to their avatar on old site when they were on).

Pros: Was surprised at how well a cut and paste address came up on a U-tube video. Set up right on post. And I like tapping on "new notifications" that take you right to the next post after the last one I did.  

Now don't get me started on RCI's "new and improved" website.  😝 🤬

I have not noticed any slow downs either.  But of course, I have "Ad blocker" which speeds it up dramatically anyway.  

In the beginning you could not only tell if someone was on, but you could see where they were.  Backlash killed that pretty quickly.

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I really do like it.  It fits my needs.

I hated not being able to post pics direct from laptop.

I hated people messing up quotes.

I hated not being able to quote more than two at a time. 

I hated the effort it took to remove pics when quoting

I hated not being able to participate in a poll on my phone

I hated not being able to see signatures on my phone

I hated the limit of 6 pics in a single post, however 59 is to many. 😉

I love the new emojis

I hate that people whine so much,  but I am thoroughly entertained by it

I love the Member Galleries 

Absolutely love the Like/Laugh/Thanks button.  More folks should use it.  

I miss a few things, but you can learn how to do them.

I did not use Tapatalk for anything else

I do feel we have lost many members, that makes me sad

At the end of the day it's a free service, you learn and accept, or you quit.

There is also a feature I like that not many have discovered yet.  I've hinted about it.  I wont discuss it publicly. 

BTW, I dont counter everything.  I like plenty of stuff here. I'm just not a lemming.

If everyone lurked, there would be nothing to read.

20181029_192602.jpg

And a posting of photos IMHO actually is a bad thing. 

Not it only is the site slower but now I need to wait to see all of the pics that are posted load not only in your post but when someone quotes you. 

19 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

And a posting of photos IMHO actually is a bad thing. 

Not it only is the site slower but now I need to wait to see all of the pics that are posted load not only in your post but when someone quotes you. 

It's a shame only negative opinions are allowed.  I truly dont understand this lag for pictures to load.  I take it you never saw the 59 pictures in one post last month.  But one picture. 🤔

🤐

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 10:24 PM, Goofyfanatic said:

Other than posting photos I see no benefit to the new site. PLEASE find a way to bring back the app. It is so painful on the phone. 

I agree...bring back the App. I do not use the app but many friends who only communicated via the app, moved over to social media because they got annoyed with CC's step backwards. Mods, Hosts, all in charge, PLEASE hear and help, bring the app back.

Plus it is very hard to find a roll call from the "Roll Call Search" function.  Even if it exists, it does not show up in the search. People think no one started one so they start a new one....many cruises end up having multiple roll calls for that reason. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL READ AND CORRECT THIS just as they promptly remove posts and add a star to the point system for even discussing them.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

^ not sure it was that difficult to remove pics before - certainly not for the web version.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe it was difficult to remove photos using a phone app, but it was simple on a PC.

Really, you had to delete code, easy to screw it up like the quote coding.  Now you just touch it.

How many screwed up quotes have you seen lately?  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I agree...bring back the App. I do not use the app but many friends who only communicated via the app, moved over to social media because they got annoyed with CC's step backwards. Mods, Hosts, all in charge, PLEASE hear and help, bring the app back.

Plus it is very hard to find a roll call from the "Roll Call Search" function.  Even if it exists, it does not show up in the search. People think no one started one so they start a new one....many cruises end up having multiple roll calls for that reason. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL READ AND CORRECT THIS just as they promptly remove posts and add a star to the point system for even discussing them.

This is a form of social media

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who uses a laptop these days when just about everything else can be done from the phone?

Bob, and a good portion of the community. Not everyone as high tech as you.  I'm on laptop now

Some things really are easier and faster.  Like typing. 😉

Or are you doing speech to text?

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I do. 

Not with my laptop. 

Not much I can’t do using my iPhone as compared to my PC Laptop, iMac, and MacBook. I bet you can’t carry your laptop around in your pocket. 

Using the phone now has has gone backwards with CC, not forward. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not much I can’t do using my iPhone as compared to my PC Laptop, iMac, and MacBook. I bet you can’t carry your laptop around in your pocket. 

Using the phone now has has gone backwards with CC, not forward. 

Don't need to. I only use my laptop for posting on CC from home. How does this look on your iPhone?  

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1