Choosing cabin

Jossie1960

I was looking on the deck plan of Silhouette to decide on a cabin. I was surprised to see the most expensive Balcony cabins in the worst location on the ship, just below the pool deck and Gym.   What is the reason for Aqua cabins to be in such a poor location or am I missing something?

Why do you think that they are in the worst location?  You are one flight away from the pool, gym,  buffet. Solarium, Persian Gardens, and  bars open during the day.   It all depends on what you feel is the ideal place.  

I only use the elevator on the first and last days when I have my carry on, the other times I use the stairs.    It is very convenient  for me to go up one flight to get to  those areas.  If you use elevators then I guess it doesn’t matter how many decks you are away.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

13 hours ago, Jossie1960 said:

I was looking on the deck plan of Silhouette to decide on a cabin. I was surprised to see the most expensive Balcony cabins in the worst location on the ship, just below the pool deck and Gym.   What is the reason for Aqua cabins to be in such a poor location or am I missing something?

Your 100% correct.  Everyone knows those locations can have noise problems, do you want to risk your vacation?  For me, I would never take one of those locations, I guess that's why I do not book "guarantee" cabins.   As others have pointed out, it's a way for Celebrity to try and get premium prices for a cabin in a poor location.  Don't take the bait.  If you like Aqua Class, you'll need to book early for better cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not all Aqua or Suites are in “bad” locations.  There are many very quiet cabins under the salon, the buffet, the solarium you just have to do some research so you know what your booking.

I'm glad some of these locations work for you, but all of these cabins in public areas have the potential for late night or early morning cleaning with lot's of furniture movement.  If it's worth the risk to you, it's a good deal for you.  But that doesn't mean it's a good deal for everyone.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, miched said:

Why do you think that they are in the worst location?  You are one flight away from the pool, gym,  buffet. Solarium, Persian Gardens, and  bars open during the day.   It all depends on what you feel is the ideal place.  

I only use the elevator on the first and last days when I have my carry on, the other times I use the stairs.    It is very convenient  for me to go up one flight to get to  those areas.  If you use elevators then I guess it doesn’t matter how many decks you are away.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

As stated in the first post, the OP clearly considers the cabin locations to be poor because they are directly under public areas that can be very noisy.  For me, no amount of chair scraping and vacuuming over my head at 4am (or at any other time) would be worth being one deck away from any of the things you mentioned (or from any other spot on the ship).  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Your 100% correct.  Everyone knows those locations can have noise problems, do you want to risk your vacation?  For me, I would never take one of those locations, I guess that's why I do not book "guarantee" cabins.   As others have pointed out, it's a way for Celebrity to try and get premium prices for a cabin in a poor location.  Don't take the bait.  If you like Aqua Class, you'll need to book early for better cabins.

And I agree with you 100%. Not only don’t we book “guarantee” cabins, but we also book cabins that have other cabins above and below them, with minor exception, such as being directly under the Bridge for a Panama Canal transit.  That was on NCL; it was really a dream location for that cruise, and we felt pretty confident that the folks on the bridge were not a rowdy bunch. 😜

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

And I agree with you 100%. Not only don’t we book “guarantee” cabins, but we also book cabins that have other cabins above and below them, with minor exception, such as being directly under the Bridge for a Panama Canal transit.  That was on NCL; it was really a dream location for that cruise, and we felt pretty confident that the folks on the bridge were not a rowdy bunch. 😜

Turtle and pee make a lot of sense to me.  There are so many things that can go wrong on a vacation, control the things you can.  Don’t roll the dice and hope everything will be ok. If you like Aqua class you’ll need to book early to get a better choice of cabins.

I once had a cabin under the pool deck (Aqua) and whilst the furniture moving above didn’t bother me too much, the pool party held one night most definitely did!  I could hear every song and as I attempted to sleep I remember thinking that it didn’t feel much like modern luxury to me.   

All things considered, we look at staterooms that are in between floors with other staterooms.  Not opposed to staying above or below a place (like a retail outlet) that is probably open for limited hours. 

I just booked on the Equinox for a January cruise, I never book this late and I like to select my cabins, you might say I am very selective and want good locations, noise free without noises coming from above or below me but I might be SOL on my January cruise.  I booked the Good/Better/Best promo and all they had for the great price I am paying is a guarantee cabin.  So I am praying we get a good cabin but as they say you get what you pay for!  YIKES

We have stayed underneath Oceanview and did not have issues with noise.  Any noise is more of an occasional low rumble or soft squeaks.  I am a light sleeper and have never been woken up by noise from above.  None of thiese stops us from booking an Aqua or Sky Suite.  We do not book anything lower than an Aqua.  We love Blu and Luminae.