Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

1 minute ago, Sandy1975 said:

Question about towels on the pool n solarium decks: Do we need to check out towels with our seapass or was that just a glitch on the app? I thought it was confirmed that this was not the case. Thanks

No the towels were on the lounge chairs or in the rack. 😀

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I haven’t had time to read back thru all posts. I will have something to do for the two days in FLL and then back on for 3 days to finish answering questions. 

Oville, Katie, I’ve missed seeing you. If you read this and want to come by between 6:30 and 7:30, I’ll be around. 10147. If anyone else wants to stop by from the Cruise Critic group, please do. We’ve got 2 bottles to finish up! 😀

Hope you have a great get together.

I will be toasting you all  in spirit!

Much thanks for sharing  your impressions, photos etc!

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Well, it is happening as predicted. It was windy on the pool decks but our balcony had no wind. My DH took a nap out there in the rocker. Don’t worry it is back safely inside. He loves that thing!

6D1B56E2-A3AC-4DE9-8A16-448A5EABA395.thumb.jpeg.c9aa5277f6b692f46c513089f9656e2f.jpeg

Love this shot...nice to have the curtain!

Looks very relaxing.. and a wonderful shot of the sunset. VT I have a question... did you by any chance measure the distance between the bed and the wall in the IV cabin? I ask because someone is wondering if a relative with a walker can get past the bed easily to get to a sofa. Also another odd question... did you by any chance measure the width of the bathroom door... same person concerned about getting into bathroom with walker.  Thanks.... how are you feeling? 

Hi VT-

First off-, I am so sorry to hear about your fall.  You have such a great attitude about your incident and I am so happy you haven't let this mishap ruin your great adventure!  You are a true champ!

Thank you for all of the great info and photos you've been sharing!  I am thoroughly enjoying every post and am super excited for January to get here!

We have only traveled only the S class ships and love some pre-dinner entertainment and drinks ar the Explorers Lounge.  Could you please let me know if there is a bar or lounge on the Edge that is equivalent to Explorers?  We love the ambience and quaint atmosphere. 

Happy sails!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Well, it is happening as predicted. It was windy on the pool decks but our balcony had no wind. My DH took a nap out there in the rocker. Don’t worry it is back safely inside. He loves that thing!

Looks to me like that rocker is a lot more comfortable then the balcony chairs provided if your DH dragged it out there.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

6D1B56E2-A3AC-4DE9-8A16-448A5EABA395.thumb.jpeg.c9aa5277f6b692f46c513089f9656e2f.jpeg

Love it! What a great solution to the comfy chair on the balcony conundrum!

Your DH may have started something... 😁

VT - thanks for the review so far ... curious as to how you're finding the WiFi is holding up while you're underway. 

I figure there are *a lot* of people aboard making use of the onboard WiFi system, so I'm curious as to if it's straining at all? 

Do you feel it similar to the other ships with Xcelerate WiFi, is it faster? slower? 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, mit429 said:

VT - thanks for the review so far ... curious as to how you're finding the WiFi is holding up while you're underway. 

I figure there are *a lot* of people aboard making use of the onboard WiFi system, so I'm curious as to if it's straining at all? 

Do you feel it similar to the other ships with Xcelerate WiFi, is it faster? slower? 

Thanks!

Have had great WiFi service the whole time! 

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

BTW, I went back and measured the height of the accessible bed and it is 23 inches from floor to top of mattress, which person in room said is industry standard.

Thank you. It looked like that was the case, but I really appreciate your confirmation. Now I will definitely look forward to our upcoming (August) cruise on the Edge.

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks! Great idea! I took a selfie. I wish I had thought to ask the MD to shape my scar like an E. 😉

That would have been SO cool!  :classic_biggrin:

I can't think of a nicer place for you to heal than enjoying the Suite Life - we are all with you in spirit (and wish we were there in person!).  Thank you for all you have done and the wonderful pictures (I especially enjoyed the one of your red drink).

Now go take a ride on Mr. EDge and don't fall off:classic_tongue:

• Like 1

It was nice to meet Mike, Carol, Dianne, Maureen, Miriam, Katie and Jeff. It’s even more fun to talk Edge in person. 😊  I wish I could have met everyone on the roll call, but fate happens.

Thanks to everyone for wishing me well. It really meant a lot to me. It’s never pleasant to be injured, but worse when you aren’t at home - I  felt I had a big family behind me! 

Everyone was wonderful on Celebrity. They  were checking on me constantly, bringing me ice for the swelling, giving me wine and making sure we had a wonderful experience despite the drama.

i saw Lorenzo again last night at Raw on 5 - he was one of the first X people there after the injury. He gave me his handkerchief to help stop the bleeding and when I kept insisting that I was going on the Edge (while bleeding profusely), he kept saying that I would be fine and I would get on the Edge. He told me that since I kept saying that I all I wanted was to get onboard, he wanted to do everything to make it happen. He called Medical to help facilitate me coming onboard to be checked. A very nice guy! 

Okay, enough about that. I just wanted to give kudos where deserved. On to important stuff, like Edge food, drink and entertainment . 😉

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It was nice to meet Mike, Carol, Dianne, Maureen, Miriam, Katie and Jeff. It’s even more fun to talk Edge in person. 😊  I wish I could have met everyone on the roll call, but fate happens.

Thanks to everyone for wishing me well. It really meant a lot to me. It’s never pleasant to be injured, but worse when you aren’t at home - I  felt I had a big family behind me! 

Everyone was wonderful on Celebrity. They  were checking on me constantly, bringing me ice for the swelling, giving me wine and making sure we had a wonderful experience despite the drama.

i saw Lorenzo again last night at Raw on 5 - he was one of the first X people there after the injury. He gave me his handkerchief to help stop the bleeding and when I kept insisting that I was going on the Edge (while bleeding profusely), he kept saying that I would be fine and I would get on the Edge. He told me that since I kept saying that I all I wanted was to get onboard, he wanted to do everything to make it happen. He called Medical to help facilitate me coming onboard to be checked. A very nice guy! 

Okay, enough about that. I just wanted to give kudos where deserved. On to important stuff, like Edge food, drink and entertainment . 😉

Well, it sounds like we all need to find Lorenzo upon boarding to thank him for helping VT in her time of need... well after this time period so he knows we do not forget!

I Am sure he will be well impressed as to how we stick together and remember those who went above and beyond their call of duty to assist us, The Edgies, in time of need...

We appreciate his assistance for one of our own, even though he would do it for any passenger, yet we are NOT just any passengers... We are Edgies! 🤩

Like the Three Musketeers, just with more, a whole lot more, Musketeers!

Continue to be well and heal VT and bon voyage

• Like 2

Vt...et al 

Glad the  EDGIE get together worked out well...the first Cruise Critic unofficial roll call party.

Hope you continue to heal..hope they will cover or comp your med bill!

Looking foward to your next installments!

We will also look for Lorenzo..where is he usually?

Bo, you nailed it!  🌟  We will all thank Lorenzo when we see him!

Marilyn, I hope you are feeling better today, and that leaving the beautiful Edge will not be even a bigger trauma than your other one (don't want to dwell on it, you know).  Just remember that you will be back on Saturday, and all will be well.  :classic_love:  Enjoy your time in Ft. Lauderdale, and I am sorry the weather is so cold.  Hopefully it will warm up soon, so you can enjoy it more.

Speaking of seeing someone....

Marilyn, you have not mentioned Valentina.  Have you found her, or did I miss the posting about her?  

Have a great day and stay safe!

~Barbara~