Cyber Monday

Ep010835

I don't know what you mean by "complete and submit a FCD form on Monday" . . . you have to have purchased your FCD when you were on a cruise.  And if you already have an FCD, why wouldn't you use that instead of the $1?  If you don't use it, you're giving up the associated OBC.  Plus, you have to pay that $99 at some point anyway, right?  So might as well use your FCD and get the OBC plus you've gotten some of the cruise already paid for.  To me, that $1 deposit is only useful if you are totally out of FCDs.  

Now, if you're trying to ask if you can use an FCD but have it only be worth $1 instead of $100, that makes no sense at all -- you paid $100; why wouldn't you want to apply $100 to your next cruise?  I'm sure that's not your question because that simply makes no sense.  But I'm trying to cover all the bases here to make an effort to understand what you're asking.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

I don't know what you mean by "complete and submit a FCD form on Monday" . . . you have to have purchased your FCD when you were on a cruise.  And if you already have an FCD, why wouldn't you use that instead of the $1?  If you don't use it, you're giving up the associated OBC.  Plus, you have to pay that $99 at some point anyway, right?  So might as well use your FCD and get the OBC plus you've gotten some of the cruise already paid for.  To me, that $1 deposit is only useful if you are totally out of FCDs.  

Now, if you're trying to ask if you can use an FCD but have it only be worth $1 instead of $100, that makes no sense at all -- you paid $100; why wouldn't you want to apply $100 to your next cruise?  I'm sure that's not your question because that simply makes no sense.  But I'm trying to cover all the bases here to make an effort to understand what you're asking.   

Clearly I left out one important detail. I will be on the CB all day Moday. Consequently, I have yet to "complete and submit a FCD form”. I plan to do that “on Monday". 

Wondering if my deposit will be $1 or $100. 

9 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I would imagine that the FCD will be $100 and not the $1.  Remember that the FCD is refundable and will earn OBC when used.  

I don’t believe the FCD would be refunded when booking a cruise with non refundable deposits .

10 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Keep in mind that deposit made during Cyber Sale are non-refundable. If you use a FCC, it would be lost if you cancel the booking.

some yes, some no - 2 different 'sales'

here and now - next 6 months or so - NONrefundable

there and then - later cruises 7 or more months out - Refundable

( see what I did there ?? )

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Maybe because the experience of many posting is more than the current Future Cruise Consultant has.

Exactly.  How many times have we all heard the complaints about the inaccurate answers we get from the Princess folks. 

hey -

As we are now on Monday and the $1 deposits are on the website -  So, I have some future cruise deposits, but not enough to do all the trips I want to lock in.  If I pick a cruise, 19 days - next fall and pay the $1 per person deposit - then I miss out on the $150 per person onboard credit that I would have gotten by using the Future cruise deposit?  Does that sound right?

Does anybody think that maybe, I could get another future cruise deposit this spring (while on board) and THEN add that to my $1 that I paid today?   Yep, want to have my OBC cake and eat it too!

On 11/24/2018 at 11:50 PM, patrickmoran said:

Keep in mind that deposit made during Cyber Sale are non-refundable. If you use a FCC, it would be lost if you cancel the booking.

Just booked today and it IS refundable.

15 hours ago, CaliforniaDon said:

hey -

As we are now on Monday and the $1 deposits are on the website -  So, I have some future cruise deposits, but not enough to do all the trips I want to lock in.  If I pick a cruise, 19 days - next fall and pay the $1 per person deposit - then I miss out on the $150 per person onboard credit that I would have gotten by using the Future cruise deposit?  Does that sound right?

Does anybody think that maybe, I could get another future cruise deposit this spring (while on board) and THEN add that to my $1 that I paid today?   Yep, want to have my OBC cake and eat it too!

The official rule is that FCDs can only be applied to new bookings. Reality is that sometimes you can speak with an agent who will allow it to be added to an existing booking and get the OBC associated with the FCD.