Limelight Club

Bumbley3

First cruise approaching. We are going on Brittania in February to Carribean. My question is, is it a good idea to pre-book The Limelight Club if so do you pay immediately that you book or do they take it from your on board spend credit on board and can you cancel and get a refund as it may clash with a gala night and I understand we won't know when they are until we board ? 

All help gratefully received

21 minutes ago, Bumbley3 said:

First cruise approaching. We are going on Brittania in February to Carribean. My question is, is it a good idea to pre-book The Limelight Club if so do you pay immediately that you book or do they take it from your on board spend credit on board and can you cancel and get a refund as it may clash with a gala night and I understand we won't know when they are until we board ? 

From P&O..  This applies to Limelight..  Book now to assure a reservation.

Select Dining venues can be very popular restaurants with a high demand for bookings. If you feel you may be unable to meet your dinner reservation, please notify us at least 12 hours before the time of your booking, to avoid the cancellation charge. A cancellation charge will not be applied if transferring to a different time / date

• Thanks 1

I don't know how Brittania does it, but most lines take payment when the booking occurs.  If you cancel within their time-frame...you get an OBC if you are on the ship....otherwise, it goes back to the credit card you used to book it.

• Thanks 1

Hi

We really love the Limelight club and have always found that our seats are better the earlier we book, the last couple of times we have been really lucky and got seats right at the front. They take payment when you book and your loyalty tier discount will be applied to this booking. We have never cancelled a limelight club booking, but have cancelled other reservations and the money was refunded to the card we booked with .. Or they will change the date for you if places are still available.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hi - I am on board just now and booked on Sunday for the Limelight Club on Friday without any problem.

Might not be a problem but do you know your table allocation. Some in Limelight Club are in poor position and I would rather not bother.

The only evening I would not prebook for would be the first. This is because they often do a much discounted price on the night. 

We happened to be passing the club and they offered us the deal. We had already booked for a special occasion later in the cruise but decided to take the offer as well. It was a really nice way to spend the first evening.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:09 PM, Bumbley3 said:

I have never cruised before. Do they allocate table when you book ? 

We were on Britannia in 2015 and saw Madeline Bell at the limelight club but we were not allocated a table ,we just lined up outside and when it opened we chose our own table but it looks like they must have changed the policy since then.

Usually I wouldn t bother to book in advance but when we saw Gareth Gates earlier this year he was sold out every night.I agree about some of the tables being in an awkward place.Is it possible to ask for a particular table? We have been twice and have always been allocated a table

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Usually I wouldn t bother to book in advance but when we saw Gareth Gates earlier this year he was sold out every night.I agree about some of the tables being in an awkward place.Is it possible to ask for a particular table? We have been twice and have always been allocated a table

Dont think you can book tables it is a matter of the earlier you book the better table you get. We did Britannia maiden and booked Kiki Dee in advance and because of it being a first time when we got onboard we asked at the Limelight Club would we need to queue on the night for best tables and was told no they were allocated on when you booked.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Dont think you can book tables it is a matter of the earlier you book the better table you get. We did Britannia maiden and booked Kiki Dee in advance and because of it being a first time when we got onboard we asked at the Limelight Club would we need to queue on the night for best tables and was told no they were allocated on when you booked.

Thats what I thought.We had booked to see Gareth Gates before our cruise hoping we would be allocated good seats but although they were closer to the front than the previous time we had booked they were right by a pillar!

On 11/25/2018 at 9:33 PM, Bumbley3 said:

I am conscious that your questions haven’t been fully answered, so here goes;

The Limelight club can be pre-booked via your cruise personaliser. Bookings usually go ‘live’ around 3 months before your cruise, but sometimes earlier. At this time, the act appearing each day will be shown. With any pre cruise booking (whether it be Select dining, excursion or spa) you pay in full, less any loyalty discount, when you book. You can never use on board credit when booking pre-cruise I’m afraid, but you can if you book on board (but you then don’t get loyalty discount). However, P&O have an excellent cancellation policy. You can cancel very late (I think it’s 3 days before the event, so even on board) and receive a 100% refund, with no fees. You do not have to transfer the booking - you just get a full refund and you can book another date if you wish, but you don’t have to. 

Tables are allocated by booking date, so technically the earlier you book the better the table. However, this isn’t as clear cut as it implies. What they consider to be good or bad tables don’t always fit with my idea. One time we sat on the far side (the last area they fill) and had a very large table, were nicely spaced from other diners and had a clear view. Another time we were much closer but the table was small, very close to other diners and I had my back to the stage. I noticed a better table was free so asked to move to it after the starter, which they very happily did. 

You are correct that the formal nights are never confirmed until you are onboard but, with ex U.K. cruises at least, they are usually fairly easy to predict. They are always the 2nd night (first sea day) and almost always the penultimate night (the last night is always casual). The remainder are usually fairly evenly spaced and always on sea days (where scheduled) or on the earlier port departure days (where there aren’t convenient sea days). I usually ‘predict’ our formal nights from the itinerary using the above logic and am usually correct 9 out of 10 times. I’m afraid that we have never done a fly cruise to the Caribbean, so different logic may apply. Others will be better to advise. 

Food and entertainment are subjective, but we have always enjoyed the meal. We saw Darren Day, who I was less keen to see than my wife, but he was really excellent and we both enjoyed his performance. We were both looking forward to Claire Sweeney but were both disappointed. Her roots are cruise ship singing and she unfortunately reverted to that style, rather than ‘natural’ singing. Furthermore, the song choice was poor. We were older than the average passenger on that cruise but found the song choice to be desperately outdated (Gracie Fields ‘We’ll Meet again” - need I say more). Friends of ours saw the Eric and Ern tribute and said that they were very good. Madeline Bell seems to live on the ship. She doesn’t appeal to us, but quite a few people on here have said she was good but I have spoken to several passengers on various cruises who weren’t as complimentary. 

Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1