RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 6/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, Mark42 said:

Success!!!
45 days from our alaska cruise, on Radiance of the Seas.

Doing online check in I noticed on the 1 inside cabin in our group of 6 cabins, a new room number assigned overnight!?!?

Here are the details.

Original inside cabin cost $688/ person incl taxes, fees etc.

minimum Royal up offer to balcony was $200, bid $250.

Got Balcony today, 45 days before sailing. Very happy.

Maybe of interest to some people here.

Our other 5 cabins were a primo Balcony on the hump with extended balcony, so no Royal up wanted or attempted.

3 cabins, we’re booked in Balcony’s but a few weeks ago I noticed Suite Guarantee rate that was cheaper than 2 of the later booked cabins and on one balcony (Mine) booked 2 years ago at a stupid cheap rate (Thanks COVID/ Lift n Shift) so I paid addl $450 to change to Suite Guarantee.

5th cabin was originally booked as an Inside, but decided to spend $$ to go to Suite Guarantee. NONE of these 5 cabins attempted Royal up.

This morning during 45 day online checking and using “barcode trick”

here are our results….

2 of us got Junior Suites, and other 2 hit the jackpot and are assigned Grand Suites. 
we are All happy!

What's the barcode trick?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

If you have an iPhone you can add your seapass to Apple Wallet and the last four digits of the barcode is your gty cabin number. If you have an Android use a barcode scanner. 

Ok - did not know this! I'll keep it in mind the next time I book a GTY!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, ckrobyn said:

They did that, and they are not.

Some TA's don't participate in the RoyalUp program.  Not sure if it's a contractual thing or if they just don't want to deal with it or not....  big box member agency is one that doesn't allow RoyalUp 

• 3 months later...

22Sept2022: Booked an RS for Celebrity Solstice 5nt 2Jan2023 sailing.  MoveUp to PS available 25Oct2022, happy with RS so only made a minimum offer, bidding range $500 – 1,250pp.  31Dec2022, 2days prior to embarkation day – my bid still showed Pending and unable to Modify or Cancel, but with a comment “The time period to modify or cancel your offer has passed.”  Clicking on “Don't miss out! Click here to see other upgrade options on your upcoming cruise and to make an offer” jumped to the Welcome to Celebrity MoveUp bidding webpage, with a comment “Not eligible for upgrade.”  Received the email from Celebrity that “our offer to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite wasn't accepted.” 1Jan2023, 1day prior to embarkation day – my bid showed Expired. No worries, the RS with The Retreat experience was awesome!

On 8/15/2022 at 9:56 PM, miyanc said:

i wonder why its only a select few or I should say any number less then 100% ( as I dont know the numbers) who even get royal up offers.  and it doesnt seem to matter if its inside or suite or assigned room or gty.  Although I bet there is a meaning behind it.  Like maybe they are looking more at moving under or over solid areas.  Or maybe its a algorithm for extra money.   

If they invite everybody they will be overwhelmed with requests and alot of people will wind up disappointed is my guess.  I suppose there are more metrics as well, but we will never know

2 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

22Sept2022: Booked an RS for Celebrity Solstice 5nt 2Jan2023 sailing.  MoveUp to PS available 25Oct2022, happy with RS so only made a minimum offer, bidding range $500 – 1,250pp.  31Dec2022, 2days prior to embarkation day – my bid still showed Pending and unable to Modify or Cancel, but with a comment “The time period to modify or cancel your offer has passed.”  Clicking on “Don't miss out! Click here to see other upgrade options on your upcoming cruise and to make an offer” jumped to the Welcome to Celebrity MoveUp bidding webpage, with a comment “Not eligible for upgrade.”  Received the email from Celebrity that “our offer to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite wasn't accepted.” 1Jan2023, 1day prior to embarkation day – my bid showed Expired. No worries, the RS with The Retreat experience was awesome!

I’m glad you had a good cruise, but this experience is a bit more relevant on the Celebrity forum😉

7 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m glad you had a good cruise, but this experience is a bit more relevant on the Celebrity forum😉

Ah good point, just posted on the Celebrity MoveUp forum - thanks!

(Celebrity is part of Royal Caribbean Group, and both Royal's RoyalUp and Celebrity's MoveUp bidding programs are managed by Plusgrade)

On 9/10/2022 at 10:55 PM, MandyMooToo said:

If you have an iPhone you can add your seapass to Apple Wallet and the last four digits of the barcode is your gty cabin number. If you have an Android use a barcode scanner. 

What a great tip!  Just found out our cabin number (in the qty category we booked).

We have just over 2 weeks to sailing.

Does this mean that our RoyalUp bids are not successful?

My app still doesn't show a cabin number ("-" for Deck, GTY for Stateroom & "-" for muster) but when I view setsail pass it shows Deck 3, GTY & a barcode (which decodes to our stateroom number).

I really appreciate if anyone knows if that will definately be our stateroom now, or if a royalup is still possible.

Cheers,

Gary.

Perth, Australia.

16 hours ago, msuspartabigten said:

Thanks everyone. I was just wondering as we're 40 days out and I check everyday and was wondering if I'm wasting my time 😂

Not necessarily.  We booked a suite GTY for our upcoming Feb cruise and bid the minimum for an upgrade and got notified that we were upgraded a few days ago (about 30 days out).  We ended up with an Owner's Suite (Jewel) - so excited.  Actually not quite sure what to expect, but this is probably the only time we will ever have a cabin at this level.  The highest category we ever sailed in was a Junior Suite once and expected to be in one this time as well.  We mostly do balcony rooms.

Anyway, the point was that we weren't expecting the upgrade but got it about 30 days out so you never know.  Our last accepted upgrade was much closer to sailing if I remember right, but this one was early.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Not necessarily.  We booked a suite GTY for our upcoming Feb cruise and bid the minimum for an upgrade and got notified that we were upgraded a few days ago (about 30 days out).  We ended up with an Owner's Suite (Jewel) - so excited.  Actually not quite sure what to expect, but this is probably the only time we will ever have a cabin at this level.  The highest category we ever sailed in was a Junior Suite once and expected to be in one this time as well.  We mostly do balcony rooms.

Anyway, the point was that we weren't expecting the upgrade but got it about 30 days out so you never know.  Our last accepted upgrade was much closer to sailing if I remember right, but this one was early.

Thank you! We've only done Junior Suites so I'm really looking forward to possibly having a real suite, maybe a crown loft!

Did you get notified? Or did it show a different room number in your app? That's where I keep checking to see if my room number changes. 

56 minutes ago, msuspartabigten said:

Thank you! We've only done Junior Suites so I'm really looking forward to possibly having a real suite, maybe a crown loft!

Did you get notified? Or did it show a different room number in your app? That's where I keep checking to see if my room number changes. 

I actually got an email that we had been upgraded.  Later that day, I got another email with updated cruise documents and I could log in and print the correct luggage tags for the new room as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sunnydaysmile said:

We received an email that our offer has not been selected yet, and the team onboard is still reviewing and may choose it based on availability before departure.  

Has anyone been upgraded after boarding?

With all the airline issues today, the odds may have gone up.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

How early before a cruise does RoyalUP open up? It suggests 30 days on the form, but I didn't know if that was accurate or more of a placeholder number. 

Sometimes they will send out emails months in advance of the cruise.

The 30 day thing applies to using the link if you haven't received an earlier offer.

• Like 1