RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, nadinenurse1 said:

Please advise the purpose of making us wait, is it in hopes they will sell the room ?  I hate surprises and I hate to wait 

Yes, this program is to help sell unused rooms. If insides are selling better they can move some up to open more insides up. If you don’t like surprises I wouldn’t bid. We found out right at 24 hours before boarding the ship last week. Even the stateroom attendant didn’t have us down for that room when we got there. 

I didn't read all the way through, so I apologize if I'm asking something that has already been answered.  I will be solo on Anthem in a month.  I booked a JS (it's a birthday cruise 😊) with my usual TA.  I'm Diamond, but only a cruise or two away from Diamond Plus.  I rec'd the RoyalUp email with a few options, and made a bid on a 1-bedroom (my bid was about $750).  I just checked on  the status of my RoyalUp bid.  I get a page with my name that now says ""Not eligible for upgrade." My boarding pass on the RCL site is showing my original JS cabin number.   Does "Not eligible for upgrade" mean that my bid might be accepted, or something else?

Thanks, Tulsa.  That's what I was wondering. 

When I cruised with my family, things were more straight-forward.  (I'm a widow.) For ex., now when I try to book a specialty restaurant online, I sometimes get a message to call them instead.   They don't say solos CAN'T book, but they make it harder for them.   The Royal Up program might be the same thing.

9 minutes ago, Tiggercat said:

We got the email last week and our cruise is in 55 days.

The email was sent to my daughter through me but since we are doing a B2B in 46 days and have the same room all the way through, I ignored the offer. Ours was for a suite Cabin. At the time I booked us I should have gone with the JS at the start but since cruise is paid for i didn't want to add another $500 pp.

3 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Sounds like something else. .... guess solo traveler might preclude it. just a guess my part 

My last Royal cruise (October, 2019), I was solo in an oceanview, put in a bid for a balcony, ended up with a junior suite, so solos can definitely get upgrades, unless it's changed in the past few months.

2 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

My last Royal cruise (October, 2019), I was solo in an oceanview, put in a bid for a balcony, ended up with a junior suite, so solos can definitely get upgrades, unless it's changed in the past few months.

So when you sail solo you RoyalUp  bid for two correct? 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Sometime inside final payment (90 days), if ever, but, you can still just go to the site and see if you can bid without the e-mail.

I looked ,  I am at 97 days.  Its says to make sure your info is correct or that its 30 days out.

Tulsa:

Yes - the bid I submitted was doubled -- priced for two passengers.   I gave up & just called RCL.  I was told that the "ineligible to bid" page was a glitch in the system, and that my bid is actually still pending.  

On the positive side, the representative made the birthday dinner reservation for me that the website wouldn't let me make as a solo.    

Slightly different royal up question.... 

Suppose you have 4 people, the max for your current room, on your reservation. You win a royal up bid for a room that can hold more people. Two questions (I know about the lifeboat requirements) 

1. Would you be able to add additional people AFTER the royal up? 

2. Would they pay the same amount as guests three and four or would they pay the going rate for the royal up room? 

TIA

5 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Slightly different royal up question.... 

Suppose you have 4 people, the max for your current room, on your reservation. You win a royal up bid for a room that can hold more people. Two questions (I know about the lifeboat requirements) 

1. Would you be able to add additional people AFTER the royal up? 

2. Would they pay the same amount as guests three and four or would they pay the going rate for the royal up room? 

TIA

1. No 

2. Only charged for two guests 

Edited by Tulsacoker

Just now, Tulsacoker said:

1. No 

2. Only charged for  two guests 

Thanks.. I know the royal up only charges the first two, I was asking if allowed to add guests after the royal up what would they be charged. It's a moot point now that you said people cannot be added to the reservation after royal up. 

4 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Thanks.. I know the royal up only charges the first two, I was asking if allowed to add guests after the royal up what would they be charged. It's a moot point now that you said people cannot be added to the reservation after royal up. 

Don't 100% hold me to that but I have not seen any indication that you can add people to a room that you Royal Up too

Edited by Tulsacoker

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

Don't 100% hold me to that but I have not seen any indication that you can add people to a room that you Royal Up too

Per Royal, they will only.offer you a royal up bid for the same capacity room of your orogonal booking. Not sure that's true but that's what the person on messenger said. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tennislvr8 said:

Per Royal, they will only.offer you a royal up bid for the same capacity room of your orogonal booking. Not sure that's true but that's what the person on messenger said. 

Don't dispute that's what they say but i have been offered Royal Up for two bedroom suites many times for my wife and i. Not sure where royal is seeing we we dont sleep in the same bed 😄 

• Haha 1