RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, Sharenamichele said:

I am so excited to see royal up is a possibility.  Our cruise isnt until March 2020 on Harmony of the Seas but hoping we are offered the opportunity to royal up.  We always book an ocean view balcony would love to upgrade to a junior suite or Grand Suite.

Why would they offer a suite through the upgrade program if they can sell it outright for regular price?  The program is really to help them sell unsold cabins.  

6 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Why would they offer a suite through the upgrade program if they can sell it outright for regular price?  The program is really to help them sell unsold cabins.  

I am happy to pay for the royal up.  I am just saying I am excite that it is a possibility to royal up and pay less than you would normally pay for the upgrade.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I agree... it has to be for only cabins they don't have sold yet. We're in a Sky CL suite and got the offer to upgrade to Star class CL, Star Aqua and Royal CL. 

13 hours ago, coaster said:

Bug.  An email that says you will get another email within 24 hrs to resubmit your bid. Nothing after 37 hrs later. A lie or a bug?

I give RCI credit and the third party company that handles this upgrade process as being an IT issue. It is new and I believe there might be an issue communicating  cabin availability between RCI and the company that they contracted to do this upgrade process. I am not blaming  one specific technical issue at this point. I believe it is a combination of factors.

Off topic but is that a picture for your roll call name of the S S Norway? Sure looks like it. Favorite times on that ship and when it was the S S France. Thank you.

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

Just curious.

Noticed it HOW??  Email, checking on cruise planner or getting luggage tags ???  What cruise and when is it leaving?

I logged on and noticed a new room number. For my husband's job he has to send all out of the country travel info in so I was gathering everything and saw it had changed. I did NOT get a email from Royal so it may have just happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

I logged on and noticed a new room number. For my husband's job he has to send all out of the country travel info in so I was gathering everything and saw it had changed. I did NOT get a email from Royal so it may have just happened.

interesting, royal up stated on ours we wouldn't know till 48 hrs prior to our sailing 

1 hour ago, oh2bonh20 said:

That is a great question!  I would love to hear if that is the case.  

I find it perfectly normal considering the tens of thousands of reservations being filled, rebooked, cancelled or changed in any number of ways, that availability of rooms and categories fluctuates from minute to minute.

5 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

interesting, royal up stated on ours we wouldn't know till 48 hrs prior to our sailing 

Did I miss when this cruise was sailing???

Not sure? but if I recall they state …  UP until to 48 hours.  Meaning no later than but possibly earlier???

Edited by boscobeans

4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Actually, the email says, “up until 48 hours,” so I would assume anytime between whenyou make the offer and 48 hours before you sail.

The wait is killing me! Haha!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sharenamichele said:

I am so excited to see royal up is a possibility.  Our cruise isnt until March 2020 on Harmony of the Seas but hoping we are offered the opportunity to royal up.  We always book an ocean view balcony would love to upgrade to a junior suite or Grand Suite.

going from inside, OV or balcony to JS or higher you do not get double C and A points on the bid up program.

Edited by BEENSAILING

7 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

24 hours- the denial email seems to come around 1PM the day before sailing. The acceptance can come at any time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 3bzmom said:

Actually, the email says, “up until 48 hours,” so I would assume anytime between whenyou make the offer and 48 hours before you sail.

Ours says we can modify or cancel until 48 hours prior to departure. It also states "stay tune for an email at least 24 hours before sailing to see if you've been upgraded."

This might be due to our bid not being accepted right up front... not sure.  

5 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

going from inside, OV or balcony to JS or higher you do not get double C and A points on the bid up program.

No big deal for me. The Difference between D and D+ is not anything to write home about.  

A larger stateroom sure is to us as well as an other perk or two..

34 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

From what I have read no you get the existing booked level of points which isnt a big deal to me.  We go on a cruise every so often because we live on the west coast.  

Edited by Sharenamichele
Didnt finish my thought

3 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Off topic but is that a picture for your roll call name of the S S Norway? Sure looks like it. Favorite times on that ship and when it was the S S France. Thank you.

You are correct. Took the picture in Miami 4 months before her unfortunate boiler explosion in 2003. Thank you for noticing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

You are correct. Took the picture in Miami 4 months before her unfortunate boiler explosion in 2003. Thank you for noticing.

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

Thank you for writing back.  We loved that ship-sailed on her 10 times. I also sailed on her (as a young person!) when she was the S S France. I have slides and photos and videos that need to transferred onto a disk.  I also saw her being broken up in Alang-the graveyard of ships. Sad demise.

In case helpful.

Brilliance of Seas, 4 nights, sail date 2/14/19

Received e-mail to bid 1/5/19

Placed bid 1/8/19

Bid accepted 1/9/19

Original cabin was a 2V - inside

Bid $75 / per person ($150 total) for Balcony

Accepted, moved to category E1 - Balcony (edit maybe category is 1D - not totally sure - normal balcony)

Edited by lizzy911

12 minutes ago, lizzy911 said:

In case helpful.

Brilliance of Seas, 4 nights, sail date 2/14/19

Received e-mail to bid 1/5/19

Placed bid 1/8/19

Bid accepted 1/9/19

Original cabin was a 2V - inside

Bid $75 / per person ($150 total) for Balcony

Accepted, moved to category E1 - Balcony (edit maybe category is 1D - not totally sure - normal balcony)

Enjoy your balcony!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1