RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Can't access the setsail pass after getting an upgrade.  Anyone have this happen to them.

You may have to call to have them reissue docs.  After my upgrade the online set sail pass was updated but luggage tags still had the previous room.  A call to C&A and update luggage tags were available within a couple of hours.

40 minutes ago, fizzywm said:

Plusgrade

Thank you. I blame Plusgrade and Royal Caribbean for their ignorant upgrade attempts! Royal may need to take upgrade offers in-house in the future. There is apparently an issue to bid  again 24 hrs later when you self upgraded.

Edited by coaster

Got my first Royal Up email.   Our Sdventure sailing in 10 days or so.  Since we are sailing in separate cabins the upgrade is only one person.

I'd bid, but not pos see ible while on ship.  Will try Saturday.  The VP looks promising 

Screenshot_20190110-200621_Email.jpg

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Got my first Royal Up email.   Our Sdventure sailing in 10 days or so.  Since we are sailing in separate cabins the upgrade is only one person.

I'd bid, but not pos see ible while on ship.  Will try Saturday.  The VP looks promising 

Congrats, the club is now getting smaller.

Plusgrade/ Royal Caribbean promised a follow up email within 24 hrs for me to bid again on a balcony or higher. It didn’t happen.

A new email today asking me to bid more on my second cabin on Rhapsody was sent today. Plusgrade/Royal Caribbean....  Juat be on the same page. Inventory wise and the emails you send to guests regarding upgrades. 

Edited by coaster

3 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Has anyone been upgraded to a suite or if already in a suite to a higher suite?  The upgrade wins seem to be up to a balcony room. 

We have never received an offer to bid on an upgrade.  All of our current bookings are for a Jr. Suite.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Congrats, the club is now getting smaller.

I'm still a member.  Would like to get one for my May HM cruise, too early for that.  On another note at least now Dan is getting promo emails.(different email address)  I have signed up several times and then when I log in it's gone and I have to sign up again.  Must be an omen.  

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm still a member.  Would like to get one for my May HM cruise, too early for that.  On another note at least now Dan is getting promo emails.(different email address)  I have signed up several times and then when I log in it's gone and I have to sign up again.  Must be an omen.  

Im ok not getting them for our March break cruises as I’m happy in the cabin we have and I wouldn’t pay to upgrade.  On our Christmas cruises I’d welcome the chance to upgrade.

15 hours ago, cementhands said:

Be great to hear the ship. Cruise length. Date. Original price. 

I bid recently at lowest allowable bid for three different upgrades. Now patiently waiting. Sold out Grandeur February 2019 cruise.

May get lucky.

Probably not.

Inside guaranteed room. $1,691.09 for 2 leaving out of Baltimore Maryland 12 nights is price we paid. Booked in November 2018 during stock market dip. I swear cruise ship prices dip when the Dow Jones is down.

Great to hear of your good fortune.

We will be on Liberty of the Seas for 7 days on the March 10th sailing. Original booking was ~$1600 for an inside on deck 6, we are now in a balcony on deck 9. I bid the minimum of $100 ($200 total).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Still a member here too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bandera Cruiser said:

We will be on Liberty of the Seas for 7 days on the March 10th sailing. Original booking was ~$1600 for an inside on deck 6, we are now in a balcony on deck 9. I bid the minimum of $100 ($200 total).

Great to hear.

I bid a little above minimum on three different upgrades.

You have given me hope!

7 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Has anyone been upgraded to a suite or if already in a suite to a higher suite?  The upgrade wins seem to be up to a balcony room. 

We are booked in a crown loft.  We received the royal up email to bid for star class cabins.  We wanted a star class, but all were booked.  I am very doubtful that any will become available.  They are just so limited, especially going during president's week.  

1 hour ago, amybk27 said:

We are booked in a crown loft.  We received the royal up email to bid for star class cabins.  We wanted a star class, but all were booked.  I am very doubtful that any will become available.  They are just so limited, especially going during president's week.  

Never hurts to bid

The bids, IMHO are to replace the upgrade fairy.  They will hold those bid offers in a pool until the very end (in case of cancellations) and use them to fill the ship where needed.  This was previously done by the upgrade fairy (the sweet free one) or her sister the $$$ upgrade fairy (who would call pax to upgrade for a price).  

So say a permanent goodbye to the upgrade fairy...RCI figures "why give away...what you can get money for?"  RIP upgrade fairy.  😞 

Edited by island lady

8 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

We have never received an offer to bid on an upgrade.  All of our current bookings are for a Jr. Suite.

Mine are booked  in JS cabins and GS cabins.  Have received email offers to bid to higher cat suite on the next three, and this previous one we are on.  

10 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

This kind of makes sense when you think about it.  Those who have booked full suites face a penalty of $100 PP if they cancel their booking so it seems logical that fewer suites are being made available through cancellation.  Since there is no such penalty for lower cabin classes (assuming they booked using a refundable deposit option) those rooms would be more volatile due to cancellations...not to mention the fact that there are just more of them to start with.

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

YIPPEE !!!

10 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Kinda sorta.

Booked an OV guarantee on Adventure for my family.  They got a Superior Balcony.  They were thrilled!

That was not the Upgrade Fairy, that was the Guarantee Fairy.:classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1