RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

I think you still need to be invited for that link to work.  I put our May reservation number in there yesterday and it did not work.  We received a RoyalUp email today and now when I put our name and booking number into that link the offer appears

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it might have been a way to "invite" ourselves.

Just checked.  We have two reservations for Serenade, both with same last name, but different booking numbers.

When I put my booking number in it says my upgrade was successful, the other offer I was given is expired, and there are no other upgrades available.

When I put Laura's booking number in it shows GS, JS, and 2 bedroom no balcony suite.  She did not get an invite to bid.

We leave in 19 days, and Laura's current cabin is an Aft balcony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Over the minimum or just the minimum? 🤔

I thought that what I have read ( on here and FB) most bid like $10 or $20 over the minimum bid.  

Edited by molly361

16 hours ago, jacads said:

I am currently booked in early July for Ovation of the Seas on a cruise to Alaska.  We currently have a Grand Loft Suite booked for 2 adults and 2 kids which is already star class.  I received a royal up offer from RCC for a Royal Suite today in my email.  The bid goes up to $5K which would be $10k for the two people.  No way I am going to bid that much.  But I was wondering what would be a reasonable bid for something like this?   Since the Royal suite can sleep up to 6 is it possible to invite 2 more people to go on the cruise with us?

Thanks,

Jacads

The  terms and conditions clearly state that you cannot add anymore guests to the reservation.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cccult said:

you can check directly on the royalC  website. I found it through the FAQ. I plugged my name and booking number in and it said I had to wait until 30 days from sailing. But I plugged my husbands (different last name) in and he was able to bid right away. we bid on GS even though the website says sold out for that cat.

I really wish it gave double cruise points, this next cruise in our balcony will put us at 29... so double points would totally boost us up a level

Good to know.. thanks :)

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Really?  I thought from what I have read that most of them WERE just over the minimum.  Guess my poll on that died somewhere

Can you bump your poll back up. I dont think I filled it out prior to winning

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sometimes the emails end up in the Spam folder

I doubled checked my spam today and didn't see it. But perhaps I had already deleted them out. I tend to kill off everything in spam once a month without really looking at what's in there.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, cccult said:

you can check directly on the royalC  website. I found it through the FAQ. I plugged my name and booking number in and it said I had to wait until 30 days from sailing. But I plugged my husbands (different last name) in and he was able to bid right away. we bid on GS even though the website says sold out for that cat.

I really wish it gave double cruise points, this next cruise in our balcony will put us at 29... so double points would totally boost us up a level

I feel your pain. I have 170 points currently. I am taking 4 night cruise next week and 7 night in October, I will be 1 point off, don't know why I did the 4 night when I could have done the 5 night and would have been Diamond Plus on October cruise, really dumb on my part.

2 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

I feel your pain. I have 170 points currently. I am taking 4 night cruise next week and 7 night in October, I will be 1 point off, don't know why I did the 4 night when I could have done the 5 night and would have been Diamond Plus on October cruise, really dumb on my part.

Leave your spouse at home. 😉

Viola, 4 more points

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Leave your spouse at home. 😉

Viola, 4 more points

I know you didn't mean to hurt me but my husband passed away 2 months ago and my friend thought a short cruise now would help me in coping with my loss. 

Edited by sugcarol
left out word

5 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

I know you didn't mean to hurt me but my husband passed away 2 months ago and my friend thought a short cruise now would help me in coping with my loss. 

Sorry for your loss. We took a long cruise a week after Laura's parents passed. It was very soothing.

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Voila, my bad

And I thought only Carol corrected spelling. 😉

I thought you were expousing on some sort of new way to get C&A points!

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I thought you were expousing on some sort of new way to get C&A points!

I think I've learned and shared them all. We did end up with 21 points off of the free Noro cruise. 

For our may cruise, the min bid for a jr suite is $200pp or $400 total. The gty jr suite comes to just over $900 total.

I'm torn, part of me really wants to just call in the gty and get the double points. But I'll loss our current $100 obc.

I bid on both a jr suite and a grand suite.  they still have about 15 jr suites online and ZERO grand suites. Min bid on a grand suite is $350pp, i figured I'd be totally surprised if we won our 1st grand suite experience . We wouldn't have been able to afford the $6k+ original price for the room when we booked in September.

If we get a jr suite, via the bid, we at least get to keep our $100 obc but still pay $400 extra and not get the double points. which means we'll have one more night before we turn platinum...