RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

31 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

You can raise / lower withdraw as long as it hasn't been accepted/charged/assigned a new room.  I keep changing my mind on my own so I play with it quite a bit 🙂 

I've played with mine too.  :classic_smile:

Have raised and lowered it.  Very easy to do.  

For those interested, click on the confirmation email you received after bidding, and go to the bid from there.  On my iPad, I click the > and it takes me into the bid where I can manipulate it.  I just lowered mine today, since a Grand Suite would be nice....but isn't a big deal. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, firerecruit71295 said:

We received an email a couple of weeks ago offering the Royal Up bidding option.  I just looked on the RC website and it shows all rooms are sold out except for interior cabins.  Any idea why RC would do this?

In addition to the website not showing all available staterooms, some of these bid requests appear to be for the purposes of market research.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, firerecruit71295 said:

We received an email a couple of weeks ago offering the Royal Up bidding option.  I just looked on the RC website and it shows all rooms are sold out except for interior cabins.  Any idea why RC would do this?

In case someone cancels at the last minute they have people willing to pay for their cabin

• Like 1

We are 74 days out on Allure in a GS. No offers to bid yet but there are 39 suites available above the GS . If we do get an offer to bid  ( i feel left out!) , specifically for CL  does the offer indicate if the loft is L1 or L2? I would hate to pay extra only to get a loft that is not directly overlooking the ocean.

Thank you!

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This is wrong in so many ways. 😱

Good job. 😇

It’s the accountant in me. I can’t help it. 😂 It’s on the low end for now. 

Great job on your ‘win’. Enjoy. 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

HELP!!!

Hello! Has anyone recieved and UP offer on a Crown Loft? I am trying to find out if when offered they give you a choice of L1 or L2. I dont want to risk losing the ocean view if I was bidding and recieved an L2

Thank you

From what I have read on here it's just stated as Crown Loft and you could end up with either one

7 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

HELP!!!

Hello! Has anyone recieved and UP offer on a Crown Loft? I am trying to find out if when offered they give you a choice of L1 or L2. I dont want to risk losing the ocean view if I was bidding and recieved an L2

Thank you

I got the offer, but it doesn't specify L1 or L2, I think it's luck of the draw.  

image.thumb.png.9ccf492965667cdb5011e81aa36b00ea.png

56 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

HELP!!!

Thank you

I took the chance in January and was happy with the L1 assigned.

10 minutes ago, SeasTheDay20 said:

We are sailing on Ovation June 14 and are currently booked in a balcony GTY (XB). Our options are below

Spacious Ocean View Balcony. $50 pp

Realize that depending on what you have now or will get, this option might actually be a downgrade or no better cabin.

Just got an email for our June 16 sailing on Jewel of the Seas. My wife and I are currently booked in an inside cabin. Options are:

Ocean View - $50 USD pp

Ocean View Balcony - $150 USD pp

Spacious Ocean View Balcony - $250 USD pp

Going to put in a weak bid for the OV Balcony, but really not expecting much. It's our first cruise, and we're excited to even be there. If, by the greatest stroke of luck, we can land a balcony, we'll be grateful. If not, we'll have a phenomenal time regardless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kovo89 said:

Just got an email for our June 16 sailing on Jewel of the Seas. My wife and I are currently booked in an inside cabin. Options are:

Ocean View - $50 USD pp

Going to put in a weak bid for the OV Balcony, but really not expecting much. It's our first cruise, and we're excited to even be there. If, by the greatest stroke of luck, we can land a balcony, we'll be grateful. If not, we'll have a phenomenal time regardless.

I'd go for the OV balcony, but not the spacious one, too much money.

3 hours ago, Kovo89 said:

Ocean View - $50 USD pp

We are on this sailing and have an OV Balcony.  Got the offer for:

Jr Suite bidding starts at $600pp

2 Bedroom OV Suite starts at $400pp

Spacious OV Balcony starts at $80pp

Will most likely stick with our original room.  

I know there is a zillion page thread on the Royal Up program.  But I cannot find a clear answer and I gave up looking.  Here's my question:

In general, if you place a minimum bid on an upgrade to a "better" cabin, are you actually saving money vs what it would have cost to book that "better" cabin in the first place?  

Yes, call or look on the website for your answer, but the answer to your question is "not necessarily".  The problem is that once they start doing RoyalUp, sometimes they remove cabins from inventory, so you CAN'T just upgrade yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1