RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Question - we received a Royal Up offer in our email. We have a balcony and may attempt to bid for a Jr Suite. However it shows on the site no suites left for our cruise? Is that a waste of time to even attempt that?  

Just now, aimcat said:

Question - we received a Royal Up offer in our email. We have a balcony and may attempt to bid for a Jr Suite. However it shows on the site no suites left for our cruise? Is that a waste of time to even attempt that?  

No, it may not be a waste of time. I think that the website does not show all available staterooms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aimcat said:

There are always cancellations on a cruise.  We had a Jr Ste Guarantee that wasn't finalized until 2 days before our cruise, and we still got paperwork for the Diamond+ guest that was going to be in our cabin.

If you are interested, I suggest bidding.  You never know.  :classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Looks like that is a 1A category, but I can't find it on the deckplan yet.  There are only 7 on the ship.

Is that an upgrade over a balcony? We are currently on deck 8, on a balcony right at the hump. 

17 minutes ago, aimcat said:

It lists an ULTRA spacious ocean view with large balcony also - what is that room?  I have never seen that before? 

I see some on deck 11, port side, around 11172.  Looks like it sleeps 6 and is 374 square feet, bigger than a JS, about the same size as a GS.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aimcat said:

Is that an upgrade over a balcony? We are currently on deck 8, on a balcony right at the hump. 

Yes, it is an upgrade in that you get much more space.

1 minute ago, TanaQ said:

Not necessarily. In Feb. I got upgraded from obst. OV to a D1 balcony on deck 11.  Cost me $60 pp, just $10 above lowest bid.

Technically not the lowest bid. I also said rarely. 😉

Every case is different. In my case, I desperately wanted a balcony and did not dare risk a low bid. So I bid high. I was satisfied with the outcome. 

I'm pleases you had a positive outcome

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas June 2nd and my bid was just accepted.  We had an obstructed balcony on deck 6 and we are now upgraded to a regular balcony on deck 9.  I was very happy with the obstructed balcony since I have sailed in one before but my husband was really unhappy with it.  I paid $400 ($200/per person) more for this cabin and I am happy with the price since all balconies are sold out.  4 months after I booked it I wanted to change the cabin to a regular balcony and it was $700 more and I would have lost $200 in OBC so I feel like we did good with this price.  I also bid on the Jr Suite and I would have loved to get it but that's ok.  I'm not overly thrilled with the location of the cabin, (at the back of the ship) but that's ok my husband will be happier now.

We are now in cabin 9718 so if anyone has any information on that one please let me know

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, swoopy2110 said:

You just want to show everyone you're in an upper loft suite 😉

What's really funny about this is that there is no such suite category as "upper loft suite".  This is just one more example of the RoyalUp folks incorrectly advertising/marketing a room category that is either inaccurate or totally incorrect.  Now, I suspect that anyone who is booked in a Star Class suite knows what category they are offering.....but it's still inaccurate.  They need to tighten up their advertising game.

I deiced to pay for a Jr suite upgrade to ensure double cruise points. I just couldn't stand ending this cruise 1 point away from leveling up...

But I want to bid on a higher suite. Only problem is the biding system still has us in a balcony. so, the bidding upgrades are way too high since I just paid all that extra $$$... I hope they update the bid system in the next week... Otherwise my plan sort of back fired.

we sail may 12th so maybe there is still time.

It seems that rejections are done at the last minute, if I don't get upgrade 48 hours ahead, I'm assuming they are not going to accept my bid even though I bid the highest amount offered for a balcony. Not many people come back here to say what they ended up getting the upgrade or being rejected. 

1 minute ago, sugcarol said:

It seems that rejections are done at the last minute, if I don't get upgrade 48 hours ahead, I'm assuming they are not going to accept my bid even though I bid the highest amount offered for a balcony. Not many people come back here to say what they ended up getting the upgrade or being rejected. 

The denial e-mail seems to come about 6PM on the night before the sailing - pretty sure everyone whose bid was not accepted is getting that.

Well we are now within 48 of our sailing.  No rejection email.  No acceptance email.  But if I log into the original link that page is now updated to say "you are not eligible for an upgrade"

Was worth a shot though....always fun.

I got my Royal Up upgrade email this morning!!!!  Hooray!!!  We are cruising on Symphony Sat.  I made the offer on Mar 2nd.  Status change from Sky to Star so I think a great deal, but my 'nothing in life is free' radar is on and wondering if I had originally overpaid!  LOL

We were in 1 bedroom Aquatheatre and got upgraded to 2 bedroom - $600 per / total $1200.  I canc our adult drinks pkg and my 2 kids refreshment pkg and my 2 night BOGO this morning and come out even! 

Hope this info helps others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've been patiently waiting for my RoyalUp offer for our July cruise on Harmony of the Seas. However, when I checked prices yesterday there was an OS $1200 cheaper than my currently assigned GS. I snatched it up and call it a win-win. Final payment was due today.  Still interested to see if I get an RoyalUp email but not as eager now!

1 hour ago, CruiseingWendy said:

I've been patiently waiting for my RoyalUp offer for our July cruise on Harmony of the Seas. However, when I checked prices yesterday there was an OS $1200 cheaper than my currently assigned GS. I snatched it up and call it a win-win. 

Congrats and welcome to CC.

• Like 1