RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Royal Up Success!

Sailing Allure of the Seas on Sunday, April 21... 7 night cruise. Received an email Wednesday (4 days from cruising) saying our bid was accepted!!!

Girls trip (myself, my mom, my sister and my grandmother). Originally booked in the Owner's Suite. Bid on 3 different star class suites. Bid accepted for the Grand Panoramic 1 bedroom suite. (FYI... not the suite we bid the highest on!) I don't remember the low and high when bidding but the bid was about middle on the scale.

I was not expecting the upgrade since our cruise has been showing "Sold Out" for a while and we are already in a higher suite, but it happened! I am so excited to spend the week celebrating my mothers birthday and watching my hip 88 years young grandmother be pampered and spoiled rotten! 

Best of Luck to each of you playing the Royal Up waiting game! It paid off for us and was worth the wait!

Edited by meredithw05
  • Like 6

Got the email 2 weeks ago and awarded yesterday for Anthem of the Seas sailing in 61 days.

Was booked in a 2D balcony and got a 4C balcony for $300 on a 9 day cruise, not the minimum but only a little above it.

The 4C has a huge balcony with terrific view forward off the angle aft straight back along the bump out. From pictures the cabin seems a little more spacious.  Pretty happy with the results.

On 11/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, barbeyg said:

Got the email a bit ago for our Sunday sailing on the Adventure.  We have a Ste Gty that is not assigned yet.  However, on the email, our cabin assignment is shown as the Panoramic Suite with no cabin number.  I would be tickled with that, if we end up in one of those, since this was a last minute booking, and we just want to be onboard.  lol

Interestingly, our choices for upgrade are:

Grand Suite @ $250 pp +

Owners Suite @ $350 pp +

Royal Suite @ $1000 pp +

for a six night sailing.  We are passing and will wait to see what we get.  Hopefully before we sail Sunday.  :classic_smile:  I don't think the Solarium deck chairs would be comfortable enough for 6 nights.  lol

I'd be interested to know if you got the panoramic suite in the end, as we're in exactly the same situation - we have an as yet unassigned suite guarantee but the royal up site claims we're in a panoramic suite.

24 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

I'd be interested to know if you got the panoramic suite in the end, as we're in exactly the same situation - we have an as yet unassigned suite guarantee but the royal up site claims we're in a panoramic suite.

We did not get the panoramic suite. :classic_smile:  Two days ahead, our cabin number finally populated, and we had a mid-ship, Deck 9, Junior Suite.  It was a last minute cancellation for a 340+ Diamond Plus.  We know this because we got their invites, etc. all week long.  Our cabin was in a great location, and was only four doors down from the mid-hump Jr Ste we have booked for next month on Adventure.

Good luck with your cabin placement! :classic_smile:

Looking for some help

We have a Balcony Guaranty.  I put in a bid for a JS and a GS...since then, I got a fraud alert on my credit card and the card had to be cancelled.

I can see modify on the page, but it only allows me that I can see to change the bid amount.

Can I change the card somewhere or do I need to cancel the bid and do a new one?

18 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

We did not get the panoramic suite. :classic_smile:  Two days ahead, our cabin number finally populated, and we had a mid-ship, Deck 9, Junior Suite.  It was a last minute cancellation for a 340+ Diamond Plus.  We know this because we got their invites, etc. all week long.  Our cabin was in a great location, and was only four doors down from the mid-hump Jr Ste we have booked for next month on Adventure.

Good luck with your cabin placement! :classic_smile:

Thanks for the info, we shall ignore the royal up claims then and go back to expecting a JS as our most likely outcome.... hopefully it will be populated more than 2 days before as I'm not sure what that will do to my nerves!

17 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

Thanks for the info, we shall ignore the royal up claims then and go back to expecting a JS as our most likely outcome.... hopefully it will be populated more than 2 days before as I'm not sure what that will do to my nerves!

Hope you get yours sooner too!  It was a bit nerve-wracking, but we did it again for this fall on Anthem.  lol  I'm hoping lightning won't strike twice with the late notice.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meredithw05 said:

Royal Up Success!

Sailing Allure of the Seas on Sunday, April 21... 7 night cruise. Received an email Wednesday (4 days from cruising) saying our bid was accepted!!!

Girls trip (myself, my mom, my sister and my grandmother). Originally booked in the Owner's Suite. Bid on 3 different star class suites. Bid accepted for the Grand Panoramic 1 bedroom suite. (FYI... not the suite we bid the highest on!) I don't remember the low and high when bidding but the bid was about middle on the scale.

I was not expecting the upgrade since our cruise has been showing "Sold Out" for a while and we are already in a higher suite, but it happened! I am so excited to spend the week celebrating my mothers birthday and watching my hip 88 years young grandmother be pampered and spoiled rotten! 

Best of Luck to each of you playing the Royal Up waiting game! It paid off for us and was worth the wait!

What a wonderful birthday gift.  This is a GREAT upgrade.  Congratulations

7 hours ago, SoonerDan said:

Looking for some help

We have a Balcony Guaranty.  I put in a bid for a JS and a GS...since then, I got a fraud alert on my credit card and the card had to be cancelled.

I can see modify on the page, but it only allows me that I can see to change the bid amount.

Can I change the card somewhere or do I need to cancel the bid and do a new one?

I’d get in touch with RCI and explain the situation and that you’ve had to cancel your CC to ask then how to change your CC details.

8 hours ago, meredithw05 said:

Royal Up Success!

Congratulations, that is a fabulous upgrade and I hope you have a fabulous cruise. 

What's the latest anyone has heard of an accepted bid? We were originally booked in a suite guaranty  on this Sunday's Allure (Apr 21) and got assigned a Crown Loft Suite several weeks ago which is great. Then Monday we got a Royal Up email and bid on 2 star suite options. Still no word. Is there any slim hope left? When do they actually finalize these? 

20 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Hope you get yours sooner too!  It was a bit nerve-wracking, but we did it again for this fall on Anthem.  lol  I'm hoping lightning won't strike twice with the late notice.  

Why not just book the cabin you want and not get stressed out waiting for the results?  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why not just book the cabin you want and not get stressed out waiting for the results?  

Not stressed out, just wondering if we would get bumped. lol ‘Nerve-wracking’ for me is having to check back several times a day the last week. 🙂 We weren’t concerned till the last week.

We didn’t book a particular cabin because it was $400+ more at the time. Worth the savings to have to spend some time wondering. Now it’s more than that to pick a cabin. 

We DO book specific cabins when it is important enough to us. Alaska is next year, and the location is very important to us for that cruise. 👍🏼

Edited by barbeyg

4 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Not stressed out, just wondering if we would get bumped. lol ‘Nerve-wracking’ for me is having to check back several times a day the last week. 🙂 We weren’t concerned till the last week.

We didn’t book a particular cabin because it was $400+ more at the time. Worth the savings to have to spend some time wondering. Now it’s more than that to pick a cabin. 

We DO book specific cabins when it is important enough to us. Alaska is next year, and the location is very important to us for that cruise. 👍🏼

Maybe it’s just me, but “nerve-wracking” seems a bit stressful to me. Glad you got the upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe it’s just me, but “nerve-wracking” seems a bit stressful to me. Glad you got the upgrade. 

Yeah, I should have made clear in my post that I was worried the last week when wondering if we would be bumped (has happened occasionally according to posts here). 🙂

i personally only chance it when it when it doesn’t matter where we are on the ship. I only begin to fret the last couple of weeks about being bumped, but GTY is really not for all.👍🏼

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Yeah, I should have made clear in my post that I was worried the last week when wondering if we would be bumped (has happened occasionally according to posts here). 🙂

i personally only chance it when it when it doesn’t matter where we are on the ship. I only begin to fret the last couple of weeks about being bumped, but GTY is really not for all.👍🏼

Again, don’t want to “fret” or worry, book the cabin you would like to have from the beginning. Problem solved. 

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:
7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Again, don’t want to “fret” or worry, book the cabin you would like to have from the beginning. Problem solved. 

Have you read the title of this thread? Suggesting repeatedly to just book the cabin you want on a thread discussing bidding for upgrade seems to totally miss the point of the thread. 

Furthermore even if you book exactly what you want, you are still subject to mechanical cancellations, ship charters and other potential problems. Nothing is worry free. 

• Like 6

I'd love to book what I want, but $$$ definitely plays a factor.  For Symphony in November, we're in an Oceanview balcony.   As much as my wife and I would love to be in a JS (we've gotten used to them over the years), the price is literally more than double what we're currently paying. 

That's where the Royal Up maaaay (?) be beneficial.  Or a substantial price drop where we can upgrade ourselves, but I'm thinking those days may be over.

Edited by Nabalab

4 hours ago, Nabalab said:

I'd love to book what I want, but $$$ definitely plays a factor.  For Symphony in November, we're in an Oceanview balcony.   As much as my wife and I would love to be in a JS (we've gotten used to them over the years), the price is literally more than double what we're currently paying. 

That's where the Royal Up maaaay (?) be beneficial.  Or a substantial price drop where we can upgrade ourselves, but I'm thinking those days may be over.

I have to agree, the Crown Loft goes for about $10K - no way we could afford that without the RoyalUP

18 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

Have you read the title of this thread? Suggesting repeatedly to just book the cabin you want on a thread discussing bidding for upgrade seems to totally miss the point of the thread. 

Furthermore even if you book exactly what you want, you are still subject to mechanical cancellations, ship charters and other potential problems. Nothing is worry free. 

Use this to determine if one should consider a Royal Upgrade. Lol

A8DD3767-8331-4A5D-A633-207924028E00.jpeg