Who is your fave NLC Cruise Director & why?

plum24

31 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Sadly, my favorite is no longer with Norwegian...  Tyler G. was AWESOME on my last Escape cruise and he will definitely be missed.

I feel the same way. We were on the Escape Dec 2016 he could do everything and was all over the ship.  We were on the Getaway in Jan 2018 and I could no tell you who was the CD.  You either LOVED or hated Tyler G. We LOVED him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missilecop3 said:

I feel the same way. We were on the Escape Dec 2016 he could do everything and was all over the ship.  We were on the Getaway in Jan 2018 and I could no tell you who was the CD.  You either LOVED or hated Tyler G. We LOVED him

He was definitely all over the ship...  And if you didn't get to witness him performing with Howl at the Moon, you missed out!!!  Best HATM performances EVER!

• Like 1

I'd never paid too much attention to the cruise director prior to my last cruise - yes, sometimes I'd notice if someone was extra-friendly, but didn't ever remember their name.  But on my October cruise on the Jade, I thought Richard Matic did an outstanding job.  He was really funny and personable, seemed to be everywhere, and I really enjoyed his demeanor.

We have only taken 1 NCL cruise and we must have lucked out because it was on the Escape with Tyler and we really liked him. Too bad he's gone 😞 .

Not on NCL, but Matt Mitcham on Carnival is so much fun and so personable. Seriously, if you are looking to cruise Carnival-find a ship with Matt on it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Julie Veriote (sp?).  I don't think she works on the ships as a CD anymore (maybe in corporate?).  But, by far she was the best CD I've ever known on any ship, any cruise line.

Julie was on the Bliss, but not as a CD.  She was overseeing the entertainment and is in corporate.  I agree she was the best CD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BSR said:

Julie was on the Bliss, but not as a CD.  She was overseeing the entertainment and is in corporate.  I agree she was the best CD.

Thanks.  You could tell she was destined to move up from CD, even though she was great at that job.

2 hours ago, jazzydiver said:

I'd never paid too much attention to the cruise director prior to my last cruise - yes, sometimes I'd notice if someone was extra-friendly, but didn't ever remember their name.  But on my October cruise on the Jade, I thought Richard Matic did an outstanding job.  He was really funny and personable, seemed to be everywhere, and I really enjoyed his demeanor.

Another vote for Richard! I would go on a cruise just for him, we loved him! I’ve never even noticed the CD until our cruise with him.

Sounds like she is now in corporate, but Julie was outstanding.  She was on the Pearl when we did Alaska, which was my second cruise.  We've done lots of cruises since then, but no other cruise director has come close to Julie.  She was everywhere and always trying to make the cruise especially enjoyable.  I always hoped to see her again, but she was too good not to move up the line to higher positions.

I  would say about 5  years ago or  more  there were a  few  CD  who  actually stood out. In addiiton hotel directors , especially Klaus , who moved on the corporate. For some reason the  dynamic of  a CD has changed , less  talented  etc.   

22 hours ago, plum24 said:

I love reading all the threads tracking the comings and goings of CDs, and how they help make sailings fantastic.

Who is your fave cruise director and why?

You know it is rare that I can even remember any of them. For the most part they have little influence of how we respond to our cruise, but there have been a few we really enjoyed.. Too bad my brain is getting almost as old as I am. The one I really liked was on the Jewel about 2 years ago. Of course I have no idea his name. The very best, both CD and assistant was on the Jewel for her original sailing from Dover to NYC> Seeing that has been 13 years ago, I have no idea who they were but would know them if I saw them today, walking down the street. Of course there have been a few that were awful. I would probably be more inclined to remember them. 

18 hours ago, busyone said:

Sounds like she is now in corporate, but Julie was outstanding.  She was on the Pearl when we did Alaska, which was my second cruise.  We've done lots of cruises since then, but no other cruise director has come close to Julie.  She was everywhere and always trying to make the cruise especially enjoyable.  I always hoped to see her again, but she was too good not to move up the line to higher positions.

I was fortunate.  She was the CD on a few of my cruises....mostly when new ships were sailing in their first year at sea.

Always outstanding!  Glad to hear she was promote....well deserved.

23 hours ago, jazzydiver said:

I agree!!! Richard was the CD on the Dawn a few years back and he was great!