One category upgrade

little britain

23 minutes ago, mafig said:

How about a 1A for a 1B?

Shouldn't be a problem if you're booked on a normal rate. The exclusions are categories 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. Everything else is fair game, except on group rates and a few other special rates.

6 hours ago, ASell said:

I assumed, wrongly it appears, that if I books a C2 I could get a C1 with no charge....

How come they exclude that?  Its below an aqua suite...

I am just curious

TIA

You can pay C3 price for your C2. C1 are excluded from it, don’t know (or understand why)   Pay Aqua A2 get an A1, there aren’t any Aqua Suites

I tried to get a C2 for the price of a C3 and Celebrity told my TA that an upgrade was not available as the price was already discounted and no other benefits would apply.  This was a booking made in Australia for a NZ to Australia cruise.

7 hours ago, ASell said:

I assumed, wrongly it appears, that if I books a C2 I could get a C1 with no charge....

How come they exclude that?  Its below an aqua suite...

I am just curious

TIA

This is due to the large price difference between C2's and C1's (especially for M-Class ships where the C1's have MASSIVE balconies). Celebrity would be losing a lot of revenue by permitting a free upgrade from C2 to C1 whereas for the permitted upgrades there is not generally a substantial price difference. It was great back in the day when all Concierge Class staterooms were the same price; while I have never cared for the Concierge Class perks (mostly marketing lingo with minimal tangible benefits IMHO), I love large balconies - so found what are now M-Class C1's appealing. Celebrity got wise several years ago and realized they could command much higher prices for what are now listed as the M-Class C1's and somewhat higher prices for the S-Class C1's.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

This is due to the large price difference between C2's and C1's (especially for M-Class ships where the C1's have MASSIVE balconies). Celebrity would be losing a lot of revenue by permitting a free upgrade from C2 to C1 whereas for the permitted upgrades there is not generally a substantial price difference. It was great back in the day when all Concierge Class staterooms were the same price; while I have never cared for the Concierge Class perks (mostly marketing lingo with minimal tangible benefits IMHO), I love large balconies - so found what are now M-Class C1's appealing. Celebrity got wise several years ago and realized they could command much higher prices for what are now listed as the M-Class C1's and somewhat higher prices for the S-Class C1's.

There are 3 (?) decks of aft C1's on S class ships too, making them comparable or better than the SV category, it's fairly consistent fleet-wide. 

4 hours ago, paulh84 said:

There are 3 (?) decks of aft C1's on S class ships too, making them comparable or better than the SV category, it's fairly consistent fleet-wide. 

The aft C1 and SV cabins on S-class both have the same size cabins and balconies as the standard balcony cabins; the aft C1 cabins on M-class have larger balconies than the standard balcony cabins.

14 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Shouldn't be a problem if you're booked on a normal rate. The exclusions are categories 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. Everything else is fair game, except on group rates and a few other special rates.

Everything else except suites

• Thanks 1