Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

I went to guest services to pay down my tab with cash, so as not to incur it on my credit card. While down there, I eavesdropped on several of the guests who were removing gratuities. They each had basically the same story. "I prefer to give cash"... In other words, they are a bunch of cheapskates in my opinion... If someone goes above and beyond, then give them something extra, but don't stiff the hardworking staff behind the scenes... It's their hard work that makes for a great vacation, in addition to the crew that you have direct contact with... Rant over......

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Current situation: sleeper creeping in the OL...

I was just now thinking over this epic journey we've been on this week. Well, you weren't actually here, but I tried to make it seem like you were.

The computer outage on embarkation day, and the marathon for Vibe passes. The great food and beverages consumed, and the likely ten pounds I will have gained. The ferry ride over to St John, and swimming at the magnificent Trunk Bay. The spider. Ah, yes the spider... I guess I'll never really know what happened to the little bugger.

The great journey on the catamaran in Tortola. Swimming all the way around the Indians, even though I thought I was going to die halfway around.

The beautiful Norwegian Bliss, and her great crew, always aiming to please. Well, except for whomever designed the WiFi system, that is. Rommel, Michael, and Ruby in Vibe, who nearly sent me to the ships morgue the other day. Cowboy and Bong at the mojito bar, always a great show. My room stewy, whatever his name is. He's always working so hard he never has time to chat. The beautiful Amina at the atrium bar, so great to see her again.

There have been a few bumps along the road, that is to be sure. The abysmal internet, and how angry I've allowed it to make me at times. The cruise crud, that I hope resolves itself soon, I have to work the day I get back.

And, you. The fine readers who encouraged me along the way. Thanks to each and every one of you who have commented, and even the lurkers... Thank you too...

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was just now thinking over this epic journey we've been on this week. Well, you weren't actually here, but I tried to make it seem like you were.

The computer outage on embarkation day, and the marathon for Vibe passes. The great food and beverages consumed, and the likely ten pounds I will have gained. The ferry ride over to St John, and swimming at the magnificent Trunk Bay. The spider. Ah, yes the spider... I guess I'll never really know what happened to the little bugger.

The great journey on the catamaran in Tortola. Swimming all the way around the Indians, even though I thought I was going to die halfway around.

The beautiful Norwegian Bliss, and her great crew, always aiming to please. Well, except for whomever designed the WiFi system, that is. Rommel, Michael, and Ruby in Vibe, who nearly sent me to the ships morgue the other day. Cowboy and Bong at the mojito bar, always a great show. My room stewy, whatever his name is. He's always working so hard he never has time to chat. The beautiful Amina at the atrium bar, so great to see her again.

There have been a few bumps along the road, that is to be sure. The abysmal internet, and how angry I've allowed it to make me at times. The cruise crud, that I hope resolves itself soon, I have to work the day I get back.

And, you. The fine readers who encouraged me along the way. Thanks to each and every one of you who have commented, and even the lurkers... Thank you too...

It has been a great cruise!  Especially since I have been at work and enjoying it vicariously!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

• Like 1

OMG !!! You go back to work the day you get back home? Uggh..... I need at least a full week after the cruise just to get my house & self back in order.. And I do not even drink alcohol. LOL !!! You are the best !!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews !!! I guess I will stay with my free 250 minutes of Internet & NOT upgrade when I get on board.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Sure hope the cruise crud goes away soon....we both have it here minus a cruise.... in NC along with about half the population.....and.....we are getting ready to get creamed snow wise this weekend......Will you be coming home to bad weather?  I have been seriously behind in my Christmas preparations...housework...etc etc etc following you and St. Greg!!   Enjoy the rest of your cruise and feel better....love  all your posts...except the weird ones....LOL....Just joking....love your perspective on most everything!

• Like 1

Jovo strikes again... I just stopped by the cabin, and there was a knock at the door. The guy hands me this fancy envelope that I just figured was an invitation to the final art auction or whatnot. Lo and behold my invitation for two at the Haven restaurant... I wish that i had a plus one to go with me...

MVIMG_20181206_141041.jpg

• Like 4