Symphony - Does anyone else think the Men’s bathroom “murals” are ridiculous?

I would never consider wallpaper a factor in selecting my next cruise. 

I was surprised no one previously mentioned that it  was "reimagined" on Symphony.  

For us it's another acknowledgement that RC's style has shifted from elegance/upscale toward "bold/humorous".   

• Like 1

They don't bother me but they probably have more appeal to an adolescent audience who have never seen these murals or experienced the one liners before.  

This would never fly ,no pun intended, in the women's restroom so I'm sure women would see the humor. For  a man in his  fifties it's just cliche' 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, racerxspeedy said:

Harmony has versions of these wallpaper murals and I thought.... RC cheapened the feel of the bathrooms compared to the nice tile used over the sinks.  

Now I realize someone thinks this add entertainment value.

Not so much IMHO.  

Thoughts?  

0300615-F-04-C5-4557-B82-B-FE8-EAB9-AD7- B5-AEFD1-B-9-D4-A-45-E2-BF8-F-0-AE852890

On 12/1/2018 at 7:37 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Not even a First World Problem. 

No, but it can still be discussed.  To me, I'm indifferent, but I have seen these before.  Usually in sports bars, never in 5 star restaurants or hotels.   Are these just in one area on the new ships?

God forbid we have a sense of humor.  If this was a cruise where I felt like I needed to be in my finest dining attire 24/7 I wouldn't be on it.  It's not a secret that RCI is trying to appeal to a younger crowd than is traditionally associated with cruising and has been doing so for many years at this point.  If you have a problem with that you should have found a different cruise line a long time ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BillOh said:

No, but it can still be discussed.  To me, I'm indifferent, but I have seen these before.  Usually in sports bars, never in 5 star restaurants or hotels.   Are these just in one area on the new ships?

But the ships restaurants are more like a banquet hall than a fine dining restaurant. Chops maybe but certainly not the MDR.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I am surprised they don’t have ads selling the drink packages... seems like a natural fit....

mac_tlc

..Or a manned-table set up in the Mens Room selling

31 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Pretty low class.   I wouldn't even expect this kind of not-funny trashy stuff on the old Carnival party barges.

Personally I don’t find it trashy at all. That’s taking it a bit too far. It is more geared towards younger people I think that would on the whole find it really funny as I do. Something unique and different.