Reflection 14 Night with Premium Beverage-Suggestions on Wine or Mixed Drinks

taylortime05

59 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We are on the Celebrity Reflection 14 night cruise leaving this Friday.

Can you please suggest any favorite wine or drinks that we should try?  I will make a list and bring it with me? 

Thanks

Sunset Pina Colada was really good, we had it at the Sunset Bar.

In the speciality restaurants ask for wine recommendations rather than the wine list. They will happily pair each of your courses. If they offer a wine you are not familiar with they will, obviously, let you taste first before filling your glass.

At the porch ask for Sangria to enjoy with the seafood tower....an excellent lunchtime combination.

At the pool bar one day I asked for a cocktail that was refreshing but not too sweet or sour. They mixed me one with elderflower in it, sorry I can’t remember the name but it was lovely!

We really enjoyed our Reflection cruise, hope you have a great time.

6 hours ago, digital_curator said:

Make sure to try the drinks at the World Bar-  my faves are the Tropically Yours, Celebrity #10, Strawberry Fields, and the El Don Julio. 

You can see pictures and the recipes in this post: 

Cheers,

I loved the bullit infusion tho it takes 45 minutes min to make.  I just had the bartender know I would be there around 6 for it each night.  Worked great.  

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

What do you like? Rum, vodka, gin, bourbon, brandy, fruity, iced, smooth?  Sorry, but it’s really hard to make a recommendation without knowing anything about what you like.

I'm trying to stay away from really high calorie drinks so know fancy fruity drinks.  Other than that I don't have a preference.  

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

In the speciality restaurants ask for wine recommendations rather than the wine list. They will happily pair each of your courses. If they offer a wine you are not familiar with they will, obviously, let you taste first before filling your glass.

At the porch ask for Sangria to enjoy with the seafood tower....an excellent lunchtime combination.

At the pool bar one day I asked for a cocktail that was refreshing but not too sweet or sour. They mixed me one with elderflower in it, sorry I can’t remember the name but it was lovely!

We really enjoyed our Reflection cruise, hope you have a great time.

Thank you for the great suggestions!   I can't wait for the cruise.

6 hours ago, digital_curator said:

Make sure to try the drinks at the World Bar-  my faves are the Tropically Yours, Celebrity #10, Strawberry Fields, and the El Don Julio. 

You can see pictures and the recipes in this post: 

Cheers,

Thank you for all the great suggestions!  Are some of the drinks over the max for the premium drink package?

31 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I loved the bullit infusion tho it takes 45 minutes min to make.  I just had the bartender know I would be there around 6 for it each night.  Worked great.  

What was the cost for the bullit infusion?  Did it taste great? I might need to try this.

30 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

What was the cost for the bullit infusion?  Did it taste great? I might need to try this.

I think if you have premium drink pkg i still had to pay a dollar   It is usually a 2 drink mix. Hard to explain taste but definitely bourbon in it you can tell but mellowed a lot. 

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

Thank you for all the great suggestions!  Are some of the drinks over the max for the premium drink package?

Some of the drinks are a few dollars more (Zacapa Above the Clouds, Bulleit Infusion, Mystic Kettle One- though I was never charged more for the last one since they don't do the dried ice anymore), but you just pay the difference and sometimes we weren't charged. 

The Bulleit Infusion changes with each bartender, since the mix of fruit always seems to change a bit, as does how long the infusion has been "developing." 

22 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I have never heard of a bartender making it on the spot. Usually the have a bottle “marinating on the shelf.” 

40 minutes ago, digital_curator said:

I have never heard of a bartender making it on the spot. Usually the have a bottle “marinating on the shelf.” 

They will and did but I drank a bunch of other things waiting. ESP the old fashion.  But I had one on order for every day so it was made and waiting when I showed up.  Was great!