Norwegian Jewel Sydney to Hobart 13 Dec

On 12/16/2018 at 8:54 AM, GUT2407 said:

15 December Hobart

Arrived about 8:00

Salamanca Markets were a little disappointing less locally made items more mass produced bought in from China sold off not so cheep, the markets stalls at the pier were more the traditional type, so my credit card lived to fight another day.

all aboard 1:30 diner tonight was at the buffet we were going to do chin chin but it was a long wait and to be frank I was pretty buggered

I agree the markets at the dock are very good. The handmade jewellery is very popular with the ladies.

Was out very early enjoying a coffee (at the coffee shop) enjoying the view of the bay and there was Jewel coming in - such a beautiful vista.   Probably too early for Mr Gut to be up but it would be a lovely sail in or at least having breakfast in the buffet sailing up the bay.

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

Was out very early enjoying a coffee (at the coffee shop) enjoying the view of the bay and there was Jewel coming in - such a beautiful vista.   Probably too early for Mr Gut to be up but it would be a lovely sail in or at least having breakfast in the buffet sailing up the bay.

Nice, until Gut gets onto his Balcony anyway.😛

16 December Burnie

Pouring rain but clearing to a nice day.

We hired a car, which needed picking up at the Airport, so shared a cab with others doing the same and had a road trip to the food trail.

Visited Ashgrove cheese factory, Anovers chocolates, berry farm, cherry farm and in and out of many small villages.

Enjoyed so much we are now thinking of a road trip next year.

On one cruise Mrs G bought a scarf the lady spun the wool and wove it, sending photos every few days, that was in Hobart at the pier.

so we walk into Makers Markets at Burnie and she says “look they sell scarves by the lady that made mine”.

I then saw a lot more by the same lady and mentioned her prior purchase. Lady pipes up (out of view) “and I posted it to NEWCASTLE,”. 

So mrs G just had to buy another one.

44 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

On one cruise Mrs G bought a scarf the lady spun the wool and wove it, sending photos every few days, that was in Hobart at the pier.

so we walk into Makers Markets at Burnie and she says “look they sell scarves by the lady that made mine”.

I then saw a lot more by the same lady and mentioned her prior purchase. Lady pipes up (out of view) “and I posted it to NEWCASTLE,”. 

So mrs G just had to buy another one.

LOL. there goes the budget.

11 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

You could have parked at Station Pier last evening after Golden left.

Of course, you could not go out to dinner in Melbourne as everyone gets murdered going out to dinner.

Damn those murderers, they are ruining Melbourne's tourism.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

16 December Burnie

Pouring rain but clearing to a nice day.

We hired a car, which needed picking up at the Airport, so shared a cab with others doing the same and had a road trip to the food trail.

Visited Ashgrove cheese factory, Anovers chocolates, berry farm, cherry farm and in and out of many small villages.

Enjoyed so much we are now thinking of a road trip next year.

Ooh yum ,cheeses, berries, chocolates and cherries. Looks like Mr  Gut's favourite check in person will be getting some delicious goodies when the Jewel gets back to Sydney on the 20th 😁

9 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Ooh yum ,cheeses, berries, chocolates and cherries. Looks like Mr  Gut's favourite check in person will be getting some delicious goodies when the Jewel gets back to Sydney on the 20th 😁

You had better hope there is some left.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It's only a couple of days........oh yeh ....right ...Gut....hmm ..forget it 😡

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

No we were told couldn’t bring food on, so we ate it before returning to the ship.