Emerald Spa HELP!!

Littleribbie

im more than a little upset with Princess...no one can answer my question. We are on TA in May on the Emerald...I am considering purchasing the sanctuary or maybe they call it the lotus area just for the use of a quite area and to be able to use the Thermal Pool...but NO ONE can tell me what it would cost. I of course would like it for the entire cruise but the cost may only allow us to use it for a week...what ever, but why doesn't anyone at Princess know the price. I was told they don't know and I can only find out when we are on the ship!! We did a similar TA w/NCL last year and was able to book it before getting on the ship....I just don't understand how NO ONE can even tell me the price?? uuuuugghh...maybe its not even worth it. Can anyone who has sailed recently help a girlfriend out and share your experience. I don't want to pay for just an adults only area...is it worth it? Is it private for those who do pay extra (what ever that is LOLOL ) does anyone know the costs? 1 week or 15 days on Emerald Princess only. Thanks so much for your time

The Sanctuary and the Thermal Suite are two entirely separate areas and no one pass entitles you to both.

The former is the outdoor area with private loungers. Cost (unless it has gone up again) is $20 per half day or $30 per full day with a discount for reserving the entire cruise.

The latter is the indoor area of the Lotus Spa with heated loungers and sauna/steam rooms. Cost is roughly $20/pp/pd, you must purchase the entire cruise. No discounts for couples in the same cabin anymore.

The Sanctuary cannot be pre-booked as you must visit there in person to choose the exact lounger you want from those still available on the days you wish to book. The Thermal Suite passes are first-come first-served but I have had no problem waiting until the crowds at the Spa subside after dinner on embarkation day and still securing one.

Edited by fishywood

Fishywood covered most of it. Neither can be purchased in advance, nor is there a pass that covers all of it.

Also, there is no Thermal Pool on Emerald. There is the Lotus Spa pool,  which is free and open to anyone 18 and over. There's no pass, fee, dues, etc to use it - go on in. It's a normal cool-ish (not hot or warm or hydro or thermal) pool with hot tub, couple padded wooden loungers, etc. Very quiet and serene, and usually fairly empty as most people think it's associated with either the Sanctuary or the spa - neither of which is the case, except the name due to location. 

Also, there's completely free steam and sauna in each locker room.. So, Thermal Suite may - or may not- be redundant.  Take a tour of it upon boarding and decide for yourself. No one can give you the price in advance as it varies depending on length of cruise.  And has to be purchased onboard.

The call customer service people aren't trying to be difficult,  there is no pass that covers the two (or three, ie Thermal pool?) things you're asking about. They are separate, and purchased in separate areas...

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

You have come to a good source. A thought. Adults only really isn't a large issue on a T.A., very few youth on board.

Sancutary. $20/half day morning or afternoon, $40/full day, $30/day if you book the entire cruise port and sea days. You get a comfortable reserved lounge and plus some other services. You have to go there immediately on boarding day to select your lounge chair. No pre-booking. On a T.A. it could be cool after the first few days as you head out into the Atlantic. At least that is what we experienced.

The Lotus Spa Pool plus steam & sauna are one deck down, deck 16. They are adults only, free to all, not part of the sanctuary or the spa.

The Lotus Spa Thermal Suite is a different facility accessed through the Spa. It is an indoor facility. There will be a single fee for the entire cruise and numbers are limited. Full suite passengers get to use the Thermal Suite at no extra charge.

Other nice pool/lounge locations on the Emerald Princess are the Terrace Pool, Deck 14 aft. There is also a Chill Out Pool on deck 17 aft which will not be busy at all. Very little if any bar service at the Chill Out Pool.This is normally the family pool area. Neptune's reef pool is movie free, less noise, but lounge chairs can be difficult to find in hot weather. Calypso Reef Pool has events and movies going all day on the big movie screen. In the evening they show recent movies. This pool has the most noise.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

You have come to a good source. A thought. Adults only really isn't a large issue on a T.A., very few youth on board.

Sancutary. $20/half day morning or afternoon, $40/full day, $30/day if you book the entire cruise port and sea days. You get a comfortable reserved lounge and plus some other services. You have to go there immediately on boarding day to select your lounge chair. No pre-booking. On a T.A. it could be cool after the first few days as you head out into the Atlantic. At least that is what we experienced.

The Lotus Spa Pool plus steam & sauna are one deck down, deck 16. They are adults only, free to all, not part of the sanctuary or the spa.

The Lotus Spa Thermal Suite is a different facility accessed through the Spa. It is an indoor facility. There will be a single fee for the entire cruise and numbers are limited. Full suite passengers get to use the Thermal Suite at no extra charge.

Other nice pool/lounge locations on the Emerald Princess are the Terrace Pool, Deck 14 aft. There is also a Chill Out Pool on deck 17 aft which will not be busy at all. Very little if any bar service at the Chill Out Pool.This is normally the family pool area. Neptune's reef pool is movie free, less noise, but lounge chairs can be difficult to find in hot weather. Calypso Reef Pool has events and movies going all day on the big movie screen. In the evening they show recent movies. This pool has the most noise.

You gave an excellent summary!!:classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

The Sanctuary and the Thermal Suite are two entirely separate areas and no one pass entitles you to both.

The former is the outdoor area with private loungers. Cost (unless it has gone up again) is $20 per half day or $30 per full day with a discount for reserving the entire cruise.

The latter is the indoor area of the Lotus Spa with heated loungers and sauna/steam rooms. Cost is roughly $20/pp/pd, you must purchase the entire cruise. No discounts for couples in the same cabin anymore.

The Sanctuary cannot be pre-booked as you must visit there in person to choose the exact lounger you want from those still available on the days you wish to book. The Thermal Suite passes are first-come first-served but I have had no problem waiting until the crowds at the Spa subside after dinner on embarkation day and still securing one.

Thank you and the others very much for explaining it all to me. It sounds like there will be many quiet areas with out paying for the extras....I will for sure check them out when we board. We did TA previously (our first) and loved the fact that kids were still in school and it was quiet almost everywhere....tho no one was dead!! We enjoyed the 14 day thermal pool and spa pass on those chilly sea days when the sun seemed to be hiding. Does anyone know how many heated loungers are available? Again, my apology for my 'name calling" of thermal? lotus? spa/ sanctuary?....they all seem to be called something different on each line and being a newbie I often get confused on what the heck I should be calling them. Again, thank you all very much!!

12 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

13 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wait!! how do you leave that pretty QH when you go on these cruises...heres my Spotty...very thankful for my pony sitters!!

spottyhi3b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Littleribbie said:

Wait!! how do you leave that pretty QH when you go on these cruises...heres my Spotty...very thankful for my pony sitters!!

Thanks, but she's not a Quarter Horse (& likely dead by now - we sold her a LONG time ago). She was sired by our Appy stallion out of one of our QH mares. We sold all of our horses when we retired, so we could relax and take cruises/travel/live in 2 or 3 states all at the same time. We had to make a choice and decided "no pets".

And Spotty is beautiful.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

21 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Thanks, but she's not a Quarter Horse (& likely dead by now - we sold her a LONG time ago). She was sired by our Appy stallion out of one of our QH mares. We sold all of our horses when we retired, so we could relax and take cruises/travel/live in 2 or 3 states all at the same time. We had to make a choice and decided "no pets".

And Spotty is beautiful.

My husband feels the same way...im beginning to feel it to.....a lot of work and $$!! PS Spotty is only 36 inches tall!!

On 12/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, Littleribbie said:

Thank you and the others very much for explaining it all to me. It sounds like there will be many quiet areas with out paying for the extras....I will for sure check them out when we board. We did TA previously (our first) and loved the fact that kids were still in school and it was quiet almost everywhere....tho no one was dead!! We enjoyed the 14 day thermal pool and spa pass on those chilly sea days when the sun seemed to be hiding. Does anyone know how many heated loungers are available? Again, my apology for my 'name calling" of thermal? lotus? spa/ sanctuary?....they all seem to be called something different on each line and being a newbie I often get confused on what the heck I should be calling them. Again, thank you all very much!!

The Thermal Suite has 8 heated tile loungers, 3 or 4 different steam or sauna. (there's free steam and sauna in locker room)

Sanctuary is the outdoor adult only area with padded loungers, partial shade.

Lotus Spa pool is adult only, no fee, not affiliated with either Sanctuary or spa (except for name). 

9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

. . .

Lotus Spa pool is adult only, no fee, not affiliated with either Sanctuary or spa (except for name). 

All true, but the spa "wraps" around it on 3 sides and it can be accessed through the spa as well as from the open deck.